Telltale Game Of Thrones disc release listed for November 17

Azaan60

When the game is completely finished, you still have to go through many steps before releasing a game. The process of "burning" the bluray can take in itself up to 2 or 3 weeks, you also send the games to every retailer in every continent, that can also take a week. So, of course the last episode will be release before the bluray release...

So why don't all games release digitally first? Stupid reasoning lol

Oh and I said in the other topic if that's the genuine release date in not buying digital again. June to November is too long to wait between episodes.

A game is called "gold" when it is ready to be duplicated in an industrial scale. The game of course has to be finished to be duplicated on hundreds of thousands blurays and then shipped all over the world. Do you really think this is done in a matter of second? Of course not. This takes several days or weeks.

For example, GTA5 was announced gold on 25 august, and was released worldwide on the 17 september... It took 23 days to begin the industrial "pressing" (not sure of that name in english?") and to sell it everywhere in the world. They could have sell the game on digital network, but if they did, they would never have won the record for "most copy sold on the day of release".

The reason why the game isn't always released digitaly is because publishers wants to release the game on a specific date, so that everybody can buy it at the same time. More and more, games are released the same date in every continent, and that was absolutely not the case back in the day. They want everybody to be able to buy the game at the exact same time so bad that many publishers forbid to sell the game before its official release date. If a store sell a game before that date, they could have to pay a huge fine, or the publisher could forbid them to sell their game...

This is also the reason why you can ALWAYS find a pirated copy everywhere on the internet up to several weeks before the release date, before anyone could even think of buying the game. Someone, somewhere, had access to one of the early copies of the game and uploaded it to the internet. Even if GTA5 was one of the most protected game, it was available on torrent site 5 days before the official release...

So yeah, the game can ALWAYS be sold digitally before the disc release, but publishers don't want to do that, and this is NOT a reasoning but a fact. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When the game is completely finished, you still have to go through many steps before releasing a game. The process of "burning" the bluray can take in itself up to 2 or 3 weeks, you also send the games to every retailer in every continent, that can also take a week. So, of course the last episode will be release before the bluray release...

Looks like you lost your bet, the episode is releasing on November 17th same day as the retail release 

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/100973/game-of-thrones-season-finale-coming-nov-17th-episode-1-now-free-to-download

• Like 1

Looks like you lost your bet, the episode is releasing on November 17th same day as the retail release 

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/100973/game-of-thrones-season-finale-coming-nov-17th-episode-1-now-free-to-download

Too bad for him, he refused to bet :D

Even though it is right this time, what i said remain true. If the episode is released physically on november 17, the episode is ready to be sold at the very least 2 weeks earlier.

Edited by lesk8vaincra

Even though it is right this time, what i said remain true. If the episode is released physically on november 17, the episode is ready to be sold at the very least 2 weeks earlier.

Well yes, no one here said that it wouldn't be *ready* 2 weeks earlier. They were arguing against when you said that it would be *released* earlier:

So, of course the last episode will be release before the bluray release...

You were wrong. Just accept it gracefully and move on rather than trying to rewrite the argument as one where you were right.

Edited by NathanielJohn

Haha, I can't believe it, almost a whole 4 months between the fifth and last epsiode. Well this is the last time I bought a season pass, fuck off.

Actually yea I kind of agree to this. I've been waiting a long time for this episode. But seeing as TellTale just keeps piling on the IP to make episodic content, we're all just better off waiting until the entire season is finished. It's annoying having to wait so long you forget most of your major decisions.

The thing with retail is quite a lot of people get their copies early, sod all those who bought the season pass 10/11 months ago. Doubt I'll buy a season pass day 1 again. Both this and borderlands were half off before episode 3 was even released. Not cool telltale, not cool