Chibi World of Final Fantasy

Satoshi Ookami

I just hope this doesn't mean there will be trophies associated with MP. That will mean it's almost impossible with the Vita version. -_-

Since they've announced that voices aren't exclusive to preorders there's no reason not to wait at least a few days to see if there's ad-hoc trophies.

Since they've announced that voices aren't exclusive to preorders there's no reason not to wait at least a few days to see if there's ad-hoc trophies.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe I'll cancel my pre-order then to wait and see. I think the day one edition comes with the Sephiroth summon and maybe other stuff too, but I don't think I want to risk an unobtainable platinum for the sake of a few extras. :(

Yeah, that's true. Maybe I'll cancel my pre-order then to wait and see. I think the day one edition comes with the Sephiroth summon and maybe other stuff too, but I don't think I want to risk an unobtainable platinum for the sake of a few extras. :(

Amazon will usually still have the Day-1 edition of games for a few weeks after too. There's still a chance you'd get the Sephiroth summon if you wait.

Amazon will usually still have the Day-1 edition of games for a few weeks after too. There's still a chance you'd get the Sephiroth summon if you wait.

Ah, is that so? That's good. Hopefully the trophy list pops up well before launch so we can tell if there's any MP trophies, but if it doesn't, I'll cancel my pre-order just to make sure.

I want to play the game on Vita, but I don't want an unobtainable plat even more. If the worst happens and there are MP trophies, I'll get it on PS4 instead. That's blasphemy, I know, but I have no choice!  :P  

Edited by Undead Wolf

I assume you mean if we have multiple Vita's? :P That's true, but unfortunately I only have one Vita. I've considered purchasing a Slim, but I love my original too damn much. I don't want to cheat on my Vita-tan. xD

Nah, not multiple Vitas, just like with other ad-hoc MPs, everything doable solo :D

For example, in this case, battling/trading with AI :D

Nah, not multiple Vitas, just like with other ad-hoc MPs, everything doable solo :D

Maybe we should have our very own Vita convention and bring along every game that's adhoc.

Maybe we should have our very own Vita convention 

B-But according to very informed AAA players no one owns Vita because Vita is dead :awesome:

Heck, I want Vita convention. But that would have to be in Japan and I wouldn't be able to return from the promised land :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

B-But according to very informed AAA players no one owns Vita because Vita is dead :awesome:

Heck, I want Vita convention. But that would have to be in Japan and I wouldn't be able to return from the promised land :D

Valid point! I wouldn't want to leave either. Hehe!

Edited by Edunstar84

Really? I've never done ad-hoc before, so I'm not sure how it works, but I'll take your word for it. xD

Maybe we should have our very own Vita convention and bring along every game that's adhoc.

Hehe, I've always wanted to go to Japan, and I'd totally bring my Vita along for the ride. For the first time in my Vita's life, it will see more of its brethren. It will be glorious! xD

PSNP road trip! Make it happen! :D When the time comes to return home, we'll all mysteriously go off the grid. :ninja:

• Like 1

Really? I've never done ad-hoc before, so I'm not sure how it works, but I'll take your word for it. xD

It depends on the game. From the games I've played, Street Fighter X Tekken and No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! won't let you do it solo.

It depends on the game. From the games I've played, Street Fighter X Tekken and No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! won't let you do it solo.

Damn, I guess we just have to hope for the best then... The best being there are no MP trophies in the first place. :P

I don't even know why they felt the need to add MP in the first place. It's not needed. -_-

Ouch :/ I didn't know about those :/

Damn, I guess we just have to hope for the best then... The best being there are no MP trophies in the first place. :P

I don't even know why they felt the need to add MP in the first place. It's not needed. -_-

However, the rarity could be ultra low if that was the case :D

I kinda hope for MP trophies on PS4. That would mean separate list :D I need more solo Vita games for Vita leaderboard :awesome:

Complete comparison.

Game Content

• PS4/PS Vita: PS4 and PS Vita versions share the same content, with no differences in gameplay between the two.
  • PS Vita: A separate download is required for voice data. The Japanese voice data is available to download for free.

Function Differences

• PS4: PlayStation 4 functions allow for sharing videos and screens, along with broadcast. PS Vita Remote Play is also possible.
  • PS Vita: PlayStation Vita TV not supported.

Resolution

• PS4: Full-HD (1920 x 1080)
  • PS Vita: 960 x 544

Framerate

• PS4: 30fps
  • PS Vita: 30fps

Graphics

• PS4: Characters, backgrounds, effects shown with more detailed graphics.
  • PS Vita: Graphics simplified in some parts to fit hardware performance. Some objects or monsters may not be shown from a distance, but the difficulty and gameplay itself won’t be different.

Cross-Save

• PS4: The PlayStation 4 must be connected to a network to share save data.
  • PS Vita: The PlayStation Vita must be connected to a network via 3G or Wi-Fi to share save data.

Multiplayer

• PS4: A downloadable update adds “Versus” and “Monster Trade” features which can be done through Wi-Fi connectivity.
  • PS Vita: “Versus” and “Monster Trade” features available through Ad-hoc connectivity.

Since PS4 MP is a downloadable content, I don't see MP trophies as a possible outcome =D

In the end no =D

Because SE being awesome at conveying info =D

Wait, something is not right here. I googled your previous post and according to Siliconera the comparison comes from Japanese WoFF website.

So the Japanese have to download voices or something? Because I highly doubt they were talking about differences in western editions on their website. Now I'm really confused xD

Edited by Rollers23

I kinda hope for MP trophies on PS4. That would mean separate list :D I need more solo Vita games for Vita leaderboard :awesome:

I'm not convinced it would be a separate list though. The MP is the exact same on PS4 and Vita, so in theory, you could have the same MP trophies on both. The difference is that Vita will require ad-hoc while PS4 can play online. This would leave Vita players at a disadvantage. -_-

I wonder if this will be approachable for newbies in series. It looks pretty good.

I remember hearing a while ago that one of the main goals for this game was to get newbies into the series. A lot of people get intimidated by the numbered Final Fantasy's because they feel like they're missing out if they don't play them all. They wanted to target a wider audience with this game. In short, this seems like a good starting point if you're looking to get into the series.

Edited by Undead Wolf

Wait, something is not right here. I googled your previous post and according to Siliconera the comparison comes from Japanese WoFF website.

So the Japanese have to download voices or something? Because I highly doubt they were talking about differences in western editions on their website. Now I'm really confused xD

Since this game works as a worldwide release, info is applied to both versions =D

To sum things up, first, it was supposed to be pre-order bonus.

However, later, SE confirmed proper voices would be available as a free DLC for everyone.

I wonder if this will be approachable for newbies in series. It looks pretty good.

I'm sure it will. In fact, it could be the best, since you can pick your favorite characters here and then play the main games with them :D