super meat boy will have a platinum!

bryman098

(source: http://supermeatboy.com/160/Only_4_more_days____/ )

was curious as to if there would be a platinum for super meat boy and well as the extract says, there is!!

"Another thing players will notice is there is in fact a Platinum Trophy in Super Meat Boy. When deciding what trophies to put in to the PS4/Vita version, we wanted to make sure that when a player does finally earn the Platinum Trophy...that they feel like they've accomplished the impossible. While it's not impossible...it is...really REALLY hard." 

Trophies have been revealed!! http://www.exophase.com/game/super-meat-boy-psn/trophies/

Edited by bryman098

Yay, it's gonna kill my completion % further! :P

Basically you have your run of the mill trophies like unlocking the Kid, finding warpzones, beating the game, etc...but the really challenging trophies are the Iron Man trophies. The way Iron Man trophies are obtained is by beating all the levels (not counting boss, glitch and warpzone levels) in a chapters light world or dark world without dying. Each Chapter (with the exception of The End which has no Iron Man run) has two trophies, one for the light world Iron Man, one for the dark world Iron Man. Obtaining all of those and finally earning that Platinum trophy means you have truly mastered Super Meat Boy and you can brag to everyone knowing that what ever counter brag they offer, unless it is their own Super Meat Boy Platinum Trophy, is totally insignificant compared to what you've done

Omg...you have to complete every chapter without dying...

Edited by Makise Kurisu

Yay, it's gonna kill my completion % further! :P

Omg...you have to complete every chapter without dying...

yes there is a death less achievement on steam too for every chapter =) .   you have to get A+ rank on every light level too.  collect all bandages , warpzones ang glitch levels :) . i hope i have the patience to do it :)

Even though I am almost certain there will be a platinum for the game I've learned not to believe stuff like this until the list is actually revealed as there have been games before that were said to have a platinum but ended up not having one like the Mega Man Legacy Collection doods

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods
  • Like 1

Every dark cloud has a silver lining, and the silver lining on this dark cloud turned into an opportunity to work with our most favorite artists to rescore Super Meat Boy to celebrate the 5th Anniversary and release on PlayStation 4 and Vita. Our dream team of artists are:

Matthias Bossi and Jon Evans, known the world over as Ridiculon (whose most recent work includes The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth) provided the bulk of the soundtrack. They took care of The Forest, Hell, The Rapture, The End as well as the intro music and title screen. They also rescored all of the cutscenes and miscellaneous ditties. Their work is always stellar and their work on Super Meat Boy is no exception.

Most of their tracks were boring on TBoI:R, but as long as they can get ONE song stuck to my head over several months, I'm happy.

my ringtone

Obtaining all of those and finally earning that Platinum trophy means you have truly mastered Super Meat Boy and you can brag to everyone knowing that what ever counter brag they offer, unless it is their own Super Meat Boy Platinum Trophy, is totally insignificant compared to what you've done.

LMAO gonna brush this right on the face of that Aela scrub with his/her Injustice platinums, just wait.

P.S. The Playstation 4 controller glows red while you play Super Meat Boy. Now if you were on the fence before and this little tidbit didn’t sway you then I don’t know what I can do for you.

Translation: It gonna be red like your eyes filled with blood, rage and fire. If you don't like that, fuck you. LMAO!

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

I've always loved Super Meat Boy but THIS platinum will probably beat and break your spirit until it doesn't exist anymore.

If anybody gets this platinum you can bet that they'll be inducted into the Trophy Hunters Hall of Fame lol

You'll be up there among the ranks of people who manage Raiden IV Overkill and P4A.. Injustice, etc. xD

Doubt it, it will be a tuesday. Maybe on the weekend, if everything goes alright by then. We will see, but this is certainly going to be fun. :)

hm... i dont think i can wait until weekend :( , but even with 4 days more you will plat it earlier than me xD

hm... i dont think i can wait until weekend :( , but even with 4 days more you will plat it earlier than me xD

LMAO, I'll do it on the vita on launch day either way, but we could still try to stream some of it if I get the PS4 on the weekend AND we are not yet done. Wondering how much this game will make me hate the existence of human being on the universe.  :hmm:

Edited by TheYuriG

LMAO, I'll do it on the vita on launch day either way, but we could still try to stream some of it if I get the PS4 on the weekend AND we are not yet done. Wondering how much this game will make me hate the existence of human being on the universe.  :hmm:

yeah im pretty sure we are not done in 5 days :) . ok i send you pm next week , maybe i have a idea for coop stream.  maybe someone else want to join than too :) lets see.

• Like 1

Why does everyone care so much whether it has a platinum or not?  You'd still play the game even if it had no trophies at all, so a platinum (or lack thereof) really shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to your enjoyment of the game.  Not every game HAS to have a plat, ya know. :P

Why does everyone care so much whether it has a platinum or not?  You'd still play the game even if it had no trophies at all, so a platinum (or lack thereof) really shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to your enjoyment of the game.  Not every game HAS to have a plat, ya know. :P

jeah of cause i would play it even without plat , but it increases the excitment in my opinion , so it is a good thing .   i would never skip a good game because of no plat , but im more excited with a plat :) .