Sony Pushing Destiny: The Taken King With XMB Ads on PS4

ShadowStar83x

I saw this on PlayStation Trophies. Sony must really want us to buy Destiny: The Taken King, so they've added something to your XMB to download it. However, if you don't want to, you can simply hit "options" and erase it. Not a big deal, but a tad annoying.

http://segmentnext.com/2015/10/06/sony-pushing-destiny-the-taken-king-with-xmb-adds-on-ps4/

• Like 2

That would've been a first: spammed with a game on my system I didn't want. It'd be like those old school music clubs like Columbia House where if you didn't send in the card saying you didn't want the monthly selections, you'd get crap in the mail you didn't want and had to pay for.

• Like 1

First I thought they were giving me the game for free.

Then I thought it might be something PS+ related, like it's free for PS+ members.

Then I looked on here and realized it was just an ad.

Either way, I never clicked on it, and deleted it.

Same for me.. I also thought my brother bought it :/ still it was annoying to find out it was only a stupid AD

If it's such a big issue, just disable "Featured Content" under the automatic updates and downloads.

I don't know why people are acting surprised or like it's a big deal, Sony announced this kind of feature before they launched the system.

This. Quit overreacting, people; this was a feature they announced two years ago, and you can disable it.