SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

I recommend setting 7-20X as one of your earlier levels in your no death run attempts. The only difference between this and the light version is what direction you're heading. You're going up on the light version of the level, while in the dark version you're heading down, with sawblades gradually going down towards you.

My Girl Boy progress:

Deathless: 7-3, 7-5, 7-8, 7-14, 7-17

A few deaths: 7-1, 7-2, 7-9, 7-12, 7-13, 7-15, 7-19

A lot of deaths: 7-7, 7-10, 7-11, 7-16, 7-20

Deaths due to poor timing but slowly getting better: 7-4, 7-6, 7-18

Terrible: 7-7, 7-16

Furthest No-Death Run: 13/20

Obviously need a lot of practice still, mostly on the levels where I'm dying constantly. The first six levels I can do consistently, but 7-7 usually ends my runs if I start from the first one. 7-20 is difficult if you wait until it's one of the later levels. 7-10 and 7-11 are both rather hectic.

7-7 and 7-16 are complete bullshit. Ended dozens of attempts, without those I would consistently make 15 - 18 levels at a time without dying.

Just now, Spaz said:

7-7 and 7-16 are complete bullshit. Ended dozens of attempts, without those I would consistently make 15 - 18 levels at a time without dying.

7-7 is one of the more annoying ones for sure.

7-16 I sort of got the hang of, after I stopped trying to bounce around up & down like most people seem to do from the videos I've seen.  Here's my 7-16 from my Girl Boy run .  Maybe you'll find this strategy easier than the typical bouncy one.  The idea is to go left as you're approaching the sawblade, then as you're starting to fall, go back right and you'll not really bounce around at all if you get it right.  I found it easier to control and more consistent.

1 hour ago, dmland12 said:

7-16 I sort of got the hang of, after I stopped trying to bounce around up & down like most people seem to do from the videos I've seen. Here's my 7-16 from my Girl Boy run. Maybe you'll find this strategy easier than the typical bouncy one. The idea is to go left as you're approaching the sawblade, then as you're starting to fall, go back right and you'll not really bounce around at all if you get it right. I found it easier to control and more consistent.

That's what I did. When I decided to start bobbing and weaving between the sawblades instead of bouncing, the level became slightly easier. But don't underestimate 7-16X. That one is just as bad despite the larger gap and lack of sawblades. Sure, the pause option is there, but I've noticed the more you do it, the tension will rise, causing you to slip more frequently. Happened to me all the time when I was practising for Girl Boy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

How is Wolfenstein 2 the worst FPS in recent years?

I hated every aspect of the game. All you did was kill 2 uber commanders run to the next part repeat. The story was boring and got stupid halfway through, the 'side' quests were literally the exact same thing as main game kill 2 commanders. Usually games get bashed if they are repetitive ( Not the good kind either ) or have weak stories so im surprised it got any sort of praise. I saw a guy rip the story apart and realized how bad it really was. All my opinions. 

JUST DO SMB. Its a great game man.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

I hated every aspect of the game. All you did was kill 2 uber commanders run to the next part repeat. The story was boring and got stupid halfway through, the 'side' quests were literally the exact same thing as main game kill 2 commanders. Usually games get bashed if they are repetitive ( Not the good kind either ) or have weak stories so im surprised it got any sort of praise. I saw a guy rip the story apart and realized how bad it really was. All my opinions. 

My fav game of 2017 just got 2/10 ? Fuck it let's get back to MB today i'm going for Maggot Boy & Missile Boy done them before so maybe i will have less trouble :awesome:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlatynowyKot said:

My fav game of 2017 just got 2/10 1f62d.png Fuck it let's get back to MB today i'm going for Maggot Boy & Missile Boy done them before so maybe i will have less trouble :awesome:

Hahaha take it you liked it wolf?

Good luck with getting both trophies man :D 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Even if it's stupid I'll still enjoy it because I'm a long time Wolfenstein fan.

Not sure about the upcoming Wolfenstein game. Two girls taking the place of BJ? Yeah, we got enough female heroines and dominant figures. Just look at Lara Croft of Tomb Raider and Aloy of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Plus I hear it's going to try to be co-op, which is a big no no for me.

8 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

JUST DO SMB. Its a great game man.

As if I didn't know that years ago.

I might look to you for advice on some games because you got a pretty respectable profile.

Like Atari Classics Vol 1 for instance, which I got the other day. Tried beating level 81 on Tempest, couldn't do it on my alt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Even if it's stupid I'll still enjoy it because I'm a long time Wolfenstein fan.

Not sure about the upcoming Wolfenstein game. Two girls taking the place of BJ? Yeah, we got enough female heroines and dominant figures. Just look at Lara Croft of Tomb Raider and Aloy of Horizon Zero Dawn.

Plus I hear it's going to try to be co-op, which is a big no no for me.

As if I didn't know that years ago.

I might look to you for advice on some games because you got a pretty respectable profile.

Like Atari Classics Vol 1 for instance, which I got the other day. Tried beating level 81 on Tempest, couldn't do it on my alt.

I think I just hated it because it was getting praised? I dunno lol I just didn't enjoy it as much as the 1st 

Ask away man just dm if you need anything on any game happy to help people. Although atari is an awkward one to comment on but I have tips for it.

• Like 1

Got some of my best runs today (impossible boy), started of with a 8/20 and then 13/20 about an hour later with a lot of pauses in between (all my hardest in a row), then i failed at 7-18X due to nervousness and poor timing. Leaving 7-4X, 7-5X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-15X, 7-17X and 7-18X. Then i had 2 more 8/20 runs later on, one 11/20 and a final 8/20 (1-7 +10).

If this keeps up i could get it at anytime, or never (which i hope won't be happening).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Nice you come everyday a bit closer! :)

Indeed. Just like OJ9999vr, I've had my fair share of 8/20 and 9/20 runs. Both ruined by 7-13X. First time at the very beginning because I didn't pause in time and the second time I died at the very end. I'm slowly getting better at 7-16X and 7-20X but 7-1X is very inconsistent, 7-8X is very precise and 7-9X is all about feel. I can do about 10 levels deathless at this point. 7-14X and 7-15X are easy with the exception of a few deaths here and there.

31 minutes ago, sashamence said:

Yesterday, had a casual Impossible Boy run (no real effort, just practicing few levels), Meat Ninja popped with message and I died.

They should remove this shit from the game or at least make this appear when you end the level 1f611.png can't imagine what would I do when this had happened on 20th level.

This is so true. ?

• Like 1

Just now, sashamence said:

Yesterday, had a casual Impossible Boy run (no real effort, just practicing few levels), Meat Ninja popped with message and I died.

They should remove this shit from the game or at least make this appear when you end the level 1f611.png can't imagine what would I do when this had happened on 20th level.

Oh man, yes that Meat Ninja screen.  As if the no death runs weren't difficult enough, you can get this nonsense randomly and practically get scared to death.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sashamence said:

They should remove this shit from the game or at least make this appear when you end the level ? can't imagine what would I do when this had happened on 20th level.

Got this one at exactly 15k deaths i believe, while doing cotton alley dark no death runs. At first it scared me, then i quickly pressed it away while i read "in the year 20XX". Didn't know what it was, some kind of reward or me doing something wrong? I later looked it up, seeming like it wasn't anything special. Had the thought at the moment, "it would be funny to get impossible by in the same run".

On the other note, wasn't supposed to play much today. Did a little run of all the levels, somehow i did 7-10x to 7-20x deathless, then i went for 7-9x got over the first saws just fine, but i pulled too far left on the 2nd set. Could have had a good possibility there, oh well. I'll have much more time the next couple of days, that is if i can stop watching all these random youtube videos in the meantime.

• Like 2

On 01/09/2018 at 7:15 PM, Mori said:

MatteSMB set a world record: 106% run in 1:12:03. He also did a Dark Cotton no death run during one of his WR attempts, casually. 

I think most people who are able to platinum the game in a few hours simply dont care about fastest achiever on PSNP and mostly play on PC anyway. Same goes for Trials Fusion for example. The fact that I am able to be in the Top 15 shows me that the dedicated community of Trials doesnt really care about PSNP fastest achiever either. Just take a look at some of those insane Ninja 6 or 7 tracks. The 100% should be no problem at all for those players.

HE DID WHAT??? CASUALLY? Onwards to youtube to watch this god play

Goddammit. I went from 11/20 to 14/20 and I died on 7-13X again. I also had four 10/20 runs all ruined by 7-5X due to losing momentum from pausing. Though it's kind of my own fault for leaving 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-13X, 7-15X, 7-16X and 7-20X for last. Oh well. Better luck next time.

EDIT: I somehow managed to beat 7-1X to 7-12X without dying but once again died on 7-13X due to not pausing in time. Here is my updated progress:

Deathless: 7-2X, 7-3X, 7-4X, 7-5X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-17X, 7-18X

A few deaths: 7-12X, 7-14X 7-15X, 7-19X 

A lot of deaths: 7-1X

Getting better: 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-20X

Has ruined many potentially successful runs for idiotic reasons: 7-13X

Terrible: 7-16X

Furthest No-Death Run: 14/20

If I can beat 7-1X, 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-13X, 7-16X, 7-19X and 7-20X without dying, then the Platinum will easy to obtain as long as I remain calm.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

Goddammit. I went from 11/20 to 14/20 and I died on 7-13X again. I also had four 10/20 runs all ruined by 7-5X due to losing momentum from pausing. Though it's kind of my own fault for leaving 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-13X, 7-15X, 7-16X and 7-20X for last. Oh well. Better luck next time.

EDIT: I somehow managed to beat 7-1X to 7-12X without dying but once again died on 7-13X due to not pausing in time. Here is my updated progress:

Deathless: 7-2X, 7-3X, 7-4X, 7-5X, 7-6X, 7-7X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-17X, 7-18X

A few deaths: 7-12X, 7-14X 7-15X, 7-19X 

A lot of deaths: 7-1X

Getting better: 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-20X

Has ruined many potentially successful runs for idiotic reasons: 7-13X

Terrible: 7-16X

Furthest No-Death Run: 14/20

If I can beat 7-1X, 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-13X, 7-16X, 7-19X and 7-20X without dying, then the Platinum will easy to obtain as long as I remain calm.

Good luck, i suggest practicing 7-13X more. I struggled a lot with it at first and now i do it like 70% of the time. All comes down to one miss-timed jump, mainly at the very beginning

That's annoying. I could litterally have done the impossible boy trophy on my last run, i made it to 15/20 and somehow managed to fail at 7-3X by barely going too high with a wall slide. Did a new strategy 7-19X, 7-20X, 7-8X, 7-9X, 7-10X, 7-11X, 7-12X, 7-13X, 7-14X, 7-15X, 7-16X, 7-17X, 7-18X, 7-1X, 7-2X (record), 7-3X, 7-4X, 7-5X, 7-6X and 7-7X. This seemed to be way more consistent for me, hope i can knock this one out of the way tomorrow.

My biggest obstacles are: 7-1X, 7-2X, 7-6X, 7-9X, 7-11X (due to timing), 7-19X, 7-20X (dying every 2-3 times or less)

Ones i can quickly fail by accident: 7-8X, 7-13X, 7-16X, 7-17X and 7-18X (Normally no big problem, but i'm having deaths every now and then. Maybe dying every 2-5 times)

Consistent levels: 7-3X, 7-5X,7-10X, 7-12X, 7-14X (Dying every 5th try or so)

Almost guaranteed levels: 7-4X, 7-7X and 7-15X (dying less then every 10th try)

Can't completely make up my mind on those

Having some progress anyways.

Just now, I went from 14/20 to 15/20 due to dying on 7-15X. Not a hard level, but I died at the very end due to panic and acting on impulse. I just need to stop leaving 7-16X, 7-19X and 7-20X for last. Though 7-17X would've been easy to beat but very panic-inducing at the same time.

• Like 2