SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

3 hours ago, Dauersack said:

Oh do tell, I could never figure this one out, one of the main reasons why I stopped going for impossible boy.

I usually sprint jump the first saw blade then you have to walk and jump to each platform. You also can't jump too early as you will die by the saw blades.

Edited by gamercris066

The Scariest/Most dangerous level just appeared to be my last level. I Finished 19/20 levels without dying

My last level was 7-20x. It was suppose to be an easy level but I have to do the exploit which can get me killed.

Unfortunately I couldn't get pass the Moving saws near the end.

And on my second attempt it happened again. I finished every level except 7-20x.

Unfortunately died again at the beginning.

The good news is if I get rid of 7-20x I could increase my chance of finishing the deathless run. I also found a lot of levels to be easy that I can save for later which actually helped me almost finish my Impossible boy run.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 2:39 AM, gamercris066 said:

The Scariest/Most dangerous level just appeared to be my last level. I Finished 19/20 levels without dying

My last level was 7-20x. It was suppose to be an easy level but I have to do the exploit which can get me killed.

Unfortunately I couldn't get pass the Moving saws near the end.

And on my second attempt it happened again. I finished every level except 7-20x.

Unfortunately died again at the beginning.

The good news is if I get rid of 7-20x I could increase my chance of finishing the deathless run. I also found a lot of levels to be easy that I can save for later which actually helped me almost finish my Impossible boy run.

Just a matter of time now, dying on the the last level is so frustating.. I considered lvl 20 to be "easy" after doing it so many times, but it has so much movement and jumps, that I preferred to do it early.

• Like 1

Did another Impossible boy run.

It was very good run, I managed to get through 7-19x and 7-20x (Both levels are the most dangerous and most difficult).

And finished 19/20 levels without dying.

Till I realize I had another annoying level I didn't finish.

7-9x. I did the exit to map trick 8 times on this level

Unfortunately couldn't get past the second part of the level.

I did get very lucky on 7-20x I couldn't speed run the blades so i did the exploit while I was almost at the bottom.

Edited by gamercris066

Well here's the order I did for my Impossible boy run.

Difficult levels

7-19x, 7-20x, 7-13x, 7-1x

Start first

7-8x and 7-9x

Start next

7-19x, 7-14x and 7-1x

Start next

7-3x, 7-4x, 7-5x, 7-6x, and 7-7x

Start next

7-10x, 7-11x. 7-12x and 7-13x

Start next

7-15x, 7-16x, 7-17x and 7-18x

Start last

7-2x and 7-20x

Edited by gamercris066

• 6 months later...

Decided to give this plat a try and might as well document my journey :P .   

Cleared wood boy I found it pretty straight forward :), trying the dark world version next.

Update#2: Finished wood boy dark world.

update#3: finished the story and also beat the kid. for the kid it took me around 2 hours, hardest part was the first stage the other 2 were easy enough :).

Edited by Albinomage346

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, antoniosboz said:

I JUST GOT THE PLAT, after dying in a 18/20 impossible boy run I was ready to quit.

Kept going and ended up with a 17, 13-16, 19-20, 18 then went for 1-9, died almost thrice in 12 but managed to quit to map every time and cleared 10 and then 11.

I have no idea how us mortals get the plat in this game, I must have become another person in comparison to when playing through the game normally. 

You need to be a damn android or machine to get the no death runs. 

I thought Blood Cloot Boy was hard then came Missile Boy.

Then came Demon Boy and I thought that was it after getting it I had no hope for Zombie Boy and the rest.

I kept playing until the stars aligned and got Zombie Boy.

I read that some people had the most trouble with that trophy so it gave me false hope for the rest.

Girl Boy to me was to equal if not harder difficulty because I had to master Bandage Girl.

But I got it after so much pain and suffering.

I was too close to the finish line, I thought about quiting many times when attempting the last no death run.

I cursed, screamed and almost had a mental breakdown.

After 101 hours, was it worth it? 

I can finally rest..

Congratulations on the platinum. I know, super meat boys plat is a hell of a ride. An emotion roller-coaster for that matter ? You need serious dedication to get it and I am sure you are glad you stuck with it. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm probably 10 hours into the Impossible Boy grind and I feel like I'm getting close. 7x-20 and 7x-1 are my two weakest ones and it's annoying to have to go between those on the map haha.

I'm glad I finally figured out 7x-19. That was probably my hardest level at the start of the grind, and it's one of my easier ones now. My trick is telling myself to bonk my head on the ceiling just past the saws on the final set of jumps. Once that was my target I basically never struggled with the level again.

• 4 months later...

I just can’t get a run going on Cotton Dark World for Impossible Boy I am doing 9, 16, 1, 19, 20 first but always die on one of them. 16 is extremely annoying it’s the only one I feel I just have to pray I get through, 9 I also hate but have more control over that one still die on it however. 1 is so bloody annoying too…

The remaining levels I feel I have a lot more control over. 

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna revive this thread here hoping someone sees it and relates to this but Jesus Christ I am almost 20h trying Girl Boy and this is driving me crazy,  i got both times of streak of 16 and 17 and a couple of 13s and 14s and apart from level 13,16,19,20 my sucess rate is very very high. Level 20 saw blades at the end makes me salty asfk because i always fk up and takes me time to get a streak going on beating these 4 levels. Once i do it i manage to fuck up bad and die in very stupid new ways due being nervous asfk on easy levels and I am losing hope. I just cant control my nerves well, i think i will get this eventually,  but i cant imagine myself doing Impossible Boy tbh. Unless i try 100h

10 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Gonna revive this thread here hoping someone sees it and relates to this but Jesus Christ I am almost 20h trying Girl Boy and this is driving me crazy,  i got both times of streak of 16 and 17 and a couple of 13s and 14s and apart from level 13,16,19,20 my sucess rate is very very high. Level 20 saw blades at the end makes me salty asfk because i always fk up and takes me time to get a streak going on beating these 4 levels. Once i do it i manage to fuck up bad and die in very stupid new ways due being nervous asfk on easy levels and I am losing hope. I just cant control my nerves well, i think i will get this eventually,  but i cant imagine myself doing Impossible Boy tbh. Unless i try 100h

Just keep trying ;) You will gonna do it.

Girlboy took me around 6h Playtime, Impossible around 12h total.

Just a real real good hint. Swap your level Cycle if you observe changes in you consistency. If you see you do levels better than you did in the beginning of you tries. Take the others you fail more often way earlier to the first levels to be done.

Since in your practice, your consistency might change aswell trough muscle memory.

Btw you got a pretty badass profile ! I bet you will do it !

Edited by PuRiZo-_-
  • Like 1