Compliments to the chef.

In one of the old episodes of Beyond I swear Shuhei acknowledged the site in a positive way. I know it's come up a bunch of times on the show either ways.

Anyway, man, I love this site, and if Sony brought out their own one or bought out this one, it'd be way different. I like the level of attention and detail and response and everything, I love the site, but if it ever went official, one way or the other, I don't know, I feel it would lose some of it's charm.

What I meant to say, is this site is sexy and I'm glad Sony don't have an official site like this, as I like the ... I don't know, almost underground kind of vibe this site has.

• Like 1

Anyway, man, I love this site, and if Sony brought out their own one or bought out this one, it'd be way different. I like the level of attention and detail and response and everything, I love the site, but if it ever went official, one way or the other, I don't know, I feel it would lose some of it's charm.

What I meant to say, is this site is sexy and I'm glad Sony don't have an official site like this, as I like the ... I don't know, almost underground kind of vibe this site has.

Agreed. If this site ever became "official", I'd be worried that Sony wouldn't allow as much criticism of their practices when they or their publishers do shitty things. 

As far as I'm aware, you can select 'Pay as a guest' when paying with PayPal, which simply requires a credit/debit card.

Yes, that is correct. However, if you have a problem with PayPal they will still block your card through this method. I had a problem over a year ago, where they messed up and put a hold or something on my account. I sent a support request through, which took them 3 months to reply to (while my account remained unuseable). Their response was the typical copy and paste kind, that did nothing to address the issue, so I basically told them to kiss my backside and never resolved the matter. This means my card won't process through any method with PayPal, nor will I ever let them process another cent of my money. It's a really shame when sites only rely on PayPal, when there is so many other options.

As for the comments about if Sony took over - I wasn't really meaning that, just that it would a nice gesture for them to send an obligation free tip to the site owners here to keep things up and running, as it really does add value to their trophy system without them having to do a thing.

Edited by GamingKen
  • Like 1

Yes, that is correct. However, if you have a problem with PayPal they will still block your card through this method. I had a problem over a year ago, where they messed up and put a hold or something on my account. I sent a support request through, which took them 3 months to reply to (while my account remained unuseable). Their response was the typical copy and paste kind, that did nothing to address the issue, so I basically told them to kiss my backside and never resolved the matter. This means my card won't process through any method with PayPal, nor will I ever let them process another cent of my money. It's a really shame when sites only rely on PayPal, when there is so many other options.

As for the comments about if Sony took over - I wasn't really meaning that, just that it would a nice gesture for them to send an obligation free tip to the site owners here to keep things up and running, as it really does add value to their trophy system without them having to do a thing.

Wow, that sucks o.o I guess it's typical of customer service though

As far as I'm aware, you can select 'Pay as a guest' when paying with PayPal, which simply requires a credit/debit card.

This means my card won't process through any method with PayPal, nor will I ever let them process another cent of my money. It's a really shame when sites only rely on PayPal, when there is so many other options.

There are two kinds of people on the internet, those who have been screwed by Paypal, and those who haven't been screwed by Paypal... yet. 

I also will never give Paypal another cent of my money, nor help them earn another penny, if I can ever avoid it and so far I've been able to avoid it for 4 years.

Unfortunately, it also means that on sites like this (meaning sites I think are awesome and use regularly, there are no sites *like* PSNP), I need to wait it out until another payment method arises.

• Like 3

I've been in the kitchen the past few months cooking up a tasty treat.

[picture snip]

Looks nice Sly!

Presumably the bar at the top will follow the user down the page? The translucent effect suggests this is the case... If so, that'd be a really nice touch, and save my mouse roller a lot of work. 

I like the new fonts and buttons. I didn't think you'd be able to improve on the "look" of PSNP, but this all looks very clean and sharp - I like it a lot!

Looks nice Sly!

Presumably the bar at the top will follow the user down the page? The translucent effect suggests this is the case... If so, that'd be a really nice touch, and save my mouse roller a lot of work. 

I like the new fonts and buttons. I didn't think you'd be able to improve on the "look" of PSNP, but this all looks very clean and sharp - I like it a lot!

Not yet, maybe on iOS9/Safari 9 as they support it properly but I need to wait a while for other browsers to catch up before it would look nice doing that.

Can I get my beef mild? :awesome:

Btw, will we be able to exchange between fonts/page styles for those who would prefer the old design? :)

Nope, old site will be completely incompatible with the new one (major backend changes).

• Like 1

Any ETA on the new-look PSNP Sly? 

Not to rush you or anything, but you keep teasing us with the odd screen-grab here and there. It's like you're taking marketing lessons from the guys at Hello Games or something!

I want it to be this year... December... November... We'll see.

As StrickenBiged said, very clean and sharp, which was a trait that I already greatly appreciated about the site. Thanks again for the good work. (Now just come up with other methods for us to give you money :P)

Which methods?

• Like 1

I want it to be this year... December... November... We'll see.

Which methods?

Best of luck with the update then. Looking forward to it.

I think GamingKen may have been referencing the other posters in this thread who have difficulty using PayPal for various reasons.

Cash in non-sequential notes, delivered in a briefcase to the man in a tan coloured overcoat and black sunglasses waiting outside St James' Square tube station would be my suggested alternative. :P

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat.  I've been using this site for a year or two now and I would love to pay for Premium.

Heck, there is supposed to be a mobile app in the works, which I would be willing to drop some money for as well.  Now that I think about it though that might be why there is going to be an overhaul on the backend.

So if this new layout is coming out November/ December I think we may have a new companion app for our trophy hunting!

Which methods?

Plenty of sites (Steam, for example) allow payment with Visa, Mastercard, or American Express without having to process it through PayPal. I don't know what is involved in that, but it certainly is good to have an alternative away from PayPal, as I know plenty of people with grievances with them.

Another alternative I have come across fairly commonly, and not had problems with, is Skrill - https://www.moneybookers.comThey are used by a handful of legitimate sites I have paid money to in the past, and might provide an alternative for people who are against, or have problems with, PayPal for whatever reason.

Plenty of sites (Steam, for example) allow payment with Visa, Mastercard, or American Express without having to process it through PayPal. I don't know what is involved in that, but it certainly is good to have an alternative away from PayPal, as I know plenty of people with grievances with them.

Another alternative I have come across fairly commonly, and not had problems with, is Skrill - https://www.moneybookers.comThey are used by a handful of legitimate sites I have paid money to in the past, and might provide an alternative for people who are against, or have problems with, PayPal for whatever reason.

I could add direct payment from cards, I didn't originally because I figured no one would trust it.

• Like 1