Borderlands 3 CONFIRMED!

Stargazer2600

HELLOOOOO TRAVELER!!!!! So this weekend i attended Youmacon 2015 in Detroit MI. It was my 7th Youmacon and this year i managed to meet David Eddings (voice of claptrap and Gearbox VP) David was awesome and happily signed my Borderlands 1 and 2 and i was able to ask him about Borderlands 3 and what was to come of it. He said "we are working on it, it was a little rough at first but we finally got started" when asked if they were gonna make it strictly xbox one/ps4 exclusive he said he couldnt say since news like that had to be released though a news source and not a convention.

So while i wasnt able to get to much info at least i was able to find out that Borderlands 3 IS officially coming out. no more rumors, its official but beyond that. we know nothing else. below is a pic of me and david so you know im not blowing you any smoke

post-152987-0-06440300-1446511643_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Sounds like a rumor <.< Is there any source other than a picture of the two of you?

you mean besides going to youmacons website, finding out david was there and such? I didnt catch any video if thats what your asking

I want to believe OP. But I just can't.

why would i lie? how would that benefit me at all?

you mean besides going to youmacons website, finding out david was there and such? I didnt catch any video if thats what your asking

why would i lie? how would that benefit me at all?

I want to believe that it's true, but you have to understand that "it's true because i heard it from the creator" isn't very credible. Unless there's a reliable source or video or something, it's just a rumor.

I could say something like "Hey guys, I talked with valve yesterday and they've confirmed half life 3" but unless I have a proof, it's not credible.

Edited by Jibril

I want to believe that it's true, but you have to understand that "it's true because i heard it from the creator" isn't very credible. Unless there's a reliable source or video or something, it's just a rumor.

I could say something like "Hey guys, I talked with valve yesterday and they've confirmed half life 3" but unless I have a proof, it's not credible.

which is why i provided the picture. unlike your scenario you wouldnt be able to prove such. i get what your saying. i just take offense to being called a liar is all

This is old news dude. They announced that they're planning ideas for Borderlands 3 awhile ago.

Yeah, planning ideas for it. But they never confirmed that there is a Borderlands 3. Most likely there will be, with the ideas that Gearbox has got, but they still never confirmed there being a Borderlands 3, so... But I still don't believe the OP saying that Borderlands 3 is "confirmed". He doesn't have any proof to showcase.

Yeah, planning ideas for it. But they never confirmed that there is a Borderlands 3. Most likely there will be, with the ideas that Gearbox has got, but they still never confirmed there being a Borderlands 3, so... But I still don't believe the OP saying that Borderlands 3 is "confirmed". He doesn't have any proof to showcase.

It's basically already confirmed  

Capture.png

• Like 2

HELLOOOOO TRAVELER!!!!! So this weekend i attended Youmacon 2015 in Detroit MI. It was my 7th Youmacon and this year i managed to meet David Eddings (voice of claptrap and Gearbox VP) David was awesome and happily signed my Borderlands 1 and 2 and i was able to ask him about Borderlands 3 and what was to come of it. He said "we are working on it, it was a little rough at first but we finally got started" when asked if they were gonna make it strictly xbox one/ps4 exclusive he said he couldnt say since news like that had to be released though a news source and not a convention.

So while i wasnt able to get to much info at least i was able to find out that Borderlands 3 IS officially coming out. no more rumors, its official but beyond that. we know nothing else. below is a pic of me and david so you know im not blowing you any smoke

I think the reason you are being shat on is because you put Borderlands 3 CONFIRMED... and the credible source was yourself! xD

To be "confirmed" it should be from the horse's mouth. Not someone who heard it from the horse's mouth... well, unless the person who heard it from the horse's mouth is credible source such as a video game reporter or a gaming news site like IGN. Sorry bud, but I don't think you have that type of credibility.

Realize I am not trying to be rude. In fact, I believe you since the pre-sequel's ending sets up nicely for a 3rd one. I look forward to a 3rd one, but first I need a PS4!!!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Just playing Devil's Advocate here: That could be recruiting for VA's for Tales from the Borderlands. The tweet is from January and TftB wasn't completely finished at that point. I wouldn't consider that confirmation.

Huh? What are you on about?

Gearbox didn't make TftB, Telltale did. Also the first episode of TftB came out Nov 2014, so there is no way that's for TftB.

Edited by Azaan60

I can't tell if serious or trolling.

giphy.gif

How am I trolling? lol 

That tweet was made by Randy Pitchford aka the CEO of Gearbox Software, who made Borderlands 1 & 2. 

You said that the tweet could have been about Tales From The Borderlands but it can't. 

As Telltale Games developed Tales From The Borderlands NOT Gearbox Software. 

So why would the CEO of Gearbox say they're hiring for a game that they're not  making? 

Anyway here's an article that confirms it's for the next Borderlands game. 

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/01/26/pax-south-2015-gearbox-on-borderlands-3-were-ready-to-start

• Like 1

giphy.gif

How am I trolling? lol 

That tweet was made by Randy Pitchford aka the CEO of Gearbox Software, who made Borderlands 1 & 2. 

You said that the tweet could have been about Tales From The Borderlands but it can't. 

As Telltale Games developed Tales From The Borderlands NOT Gearbox Software. 

So why would the CEO of Gearbox say they're hiring for a game that they're not  making? 

Anyway here's an article that confirms it's for the next Borderlands game. 

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/01/26/pax-south-2015-gearbox-on-borderlands-3-were-ready-to-start

It would have been better to link to that in the first place :P

• Like 1

I think the reason you are being shat on is because you put Borderlands 3 CONFIRMED... and the credible source was yourself! xD

To be "confirmed" it should be from the horse's mouth. Not someone who heard it from the horse's mouth... well, unless the person who heard it from the horse's mouth is credible source such as a video game reporter or a gaming news site like IGN. Sorry bud, but I don't think you have that type credibility.

Realize I am not trying to be rude. In fact, I believe you since the pre-sequel's ending sets up nicely for a 3rd one. I look forward to a 3rd one, but first I need a PS4!!!

Well as i said earlier i gain nothing in lying. I know what i was told and i thought it be a nice piece of info to share but i guess next time i figure out or am told something cool ill just keep it to myself. However when it is announced, ill expect apologies from everyone. Just remember, i tried to tell you.

Don't mean to sound like a dick but i went though a tiring (though fun) weekend, endured that long ass autograph line and got food poisoning just to bring this information. just to be called a liar.

Edited by Stargazer2600

I am so jelly of you right now. I hate CLP-TR4P but I would LOOOOVE to meet a member of the Borderlands team!

Well as i said earlier i gain nothing in lying. I know what i was told and i thought it be a nice piece of info to share but i guess next time i figure out or am told something cool ill just keep it to myself. However when it is announced, ill expect apologies from everyone. Just remember, i tried to tell you.

Don't mean to sound like a dick but i went though a tiring (though fun) weekend, endured that long ass autograph line and got food poisoning just to bring this information. just to be called a liar.

I believe you dood. I know what it's like to be called a liar. Also, I'm glad you had fun (food poisoning aside).

• Like 1