How hardcore of a trophy hunter are you?

Zenpai

141 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get games for the trophies alone?

• Yes, frequently. Everything for a higher completion rate/PSN level!
    • Occasionally, if it's an easy list.
    • Not really, unless it's a game that's also piqued my interest
    • Never, games first, trophies second.
    • I'm not even a trophy hunter in the first place
  2. 2. How often do you push for the platinum?

• Always, if it's in my trophy list, and I'm able to, I'm getting the platinum
    • Most of the time, unless the game's way too hard for me or I just don't like it
    • I only go for the platinum if I really like the game
    • I don't really care about trophies, I play games until I'm through with them
  3. 3. How often do you get DLC to attain 100% completion?

• Always, the game's not complete without the 100% to me
    • Most of the time, unless I don't like the game or that particular DLC that much
    • Only if that particular DLC interests me
    • I never get them/I'm against DLC in principle

1 - Do you get games for the trophies alone?

I wasn't sure how to answer this one. I only play games I'm interested in but at the same time I want to achieve 100% so the trophies have to be achievable, even if difficult.

2 - How often do you push for the platinum?

Always.

3 - How often do you get DLC to attain 100% completion?

I never used to but in the past couple of years I've wanted to get 100% in every game I have (the exception being F.E.A.R. 2 and Ghostbusters, now online is unachievable).

I don't get much time to play games but when I do I consider myself a focussed trophy hunter

Absolutely not, if i like a game i'll get it regardless if its easy or hard.

Always.

Always go for 100%, i wouldn't feel like i completed the game's trophy list if i only did the plat.

Edited by PedrOYX
  • Like 1

1. Do you get games for the trophies alone? No because that's a waste of money and I'm not into wasting good grog money.

2. How often do you push for the platinum? Not that often. All depends on the game and if I like it enough to want the plat.

3. How often do you get DLC to attain 100% completion? I never buy DLC for 100% completion. On the rare occasion I buy DLC it's because I enjoyed the game so much I didn't want it to end.

1. Do you get games for the trophies alone?

- Not really, unless it's a game that's also piqued my interest.

I have to be interested in the game first, but trophies are a major deciding factor. I don't do uber-hard games or too much online (unless some stuff can be solo'd). I can take quite a lot of grinding. Also avoid unobtainable or glitch-fests.

2. How often do you push for the platinum?

- Always, if it's in my trophy list, and I'm able to, I'm getting the platinum.

Same as above, I pick games I like then check if I can get the plat before I make my final decision so I almost always succeed.

3. How often do you get DLC to attain 100% completion?

- Only if that particular DLC interest me.

I mostly just get story DLC if I like the game/DLC, I'm ok with not having 100%.

1. I buy  games that I think are cool or that got great reviews from websites...

2. I do push for the platinum if i find the game fun/charming/easy....if the game is time consuming or just frustrating, I wont waste my time trying for it. 

3. DLC is not really someething i usually get....Mass effect 2 & 3 were the exceptions but nothing else...

mannysevenDX.png

Edited by mannysevenDX

• 2 weeks later...

I only get games I'm interested in playing. I do sometimes find a Trophy list has an effect on my purchases. For example I've never played GTAV and would love to try it but the online portion of the game really puts me off. 

If I'm capable of achieving it then I will. I recently started a fresh profile with a new PS4. My old profile had too many games on it that I no longer owned.

Only if i'm interested in it. In a predicament atm as I've finished Assassin's Creed Syndicate and want to trade it in but with the DLC coming up I'm expecting Trophies. 

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty interesting thread this, I think it's cool how we're pretty much all gamers/trophy hunters here yet everyone has their own ways of going about it  :) Anyway, here's what I answered in the poll as well as a bit of explaining:

Never, games first, trophies second.

I've always just stuck to games that I care about and would want to play, and unless it's an open-world game or its trophies are simple and unmissable, I also tend to do a 1st playthrough just for fun playing through naturally and then worrying about any remaining trophies on subsequent playthroughs  :)

Most of the time, unless the game's way too hard for me or I just don't like it.
Not much more I can say about that, although even if a game seems too hard or if I don't like it much I'll usually still try to push through it and get the platinum, it all depends on motivation for me, if I lose the motivation to finish a game then I won't care enough and will move on, although there's still always a chance I'll come back to finish it at a later date  :)

Only if that particular DLC interests me.

I've always hated how you can get a platinum for a game yet the game will still feel unfinished because of DLC, however it'll have to be some damn good DLC if I'm gonna have to pay up for it, although any free DLC that adds trophies is a good thing  :)

shaneyboy619.png

Never, but if i have to choose between 2 good games that is to my liking
Then I would choose the one with the easier trophies first.

I always try to go for the platinum in every game i played.Until I reached the point where I can no longer go for it because of my lack of skill or because it is super grindy or if I do not find the game entertaining.

Never actually, I dont think I would want to waste my money for few new missions that should take me no more than 5 hours to complete just for a few trophies.
But if somehow i got the DLC mainly through GOTY versions of the game then I would complete it.

Not really. I get games that I enjoy, first and foremost.

If I like the game, then always.

I only buy the expansions for a game if I actually want them. Never will I buy an expansion just to attain 100% completion.

Well, I can answer the questions.. and anyway, my 100th plat explains some of this too..

I never bought a single game for trophies alone, but have bought a few because I was interested in them and they had easy trophy lists (otherwise I probably wouldn't had bought them).. But it's rare, since I can only think of 2 games that fill this requirement (Last Rebellion and Skullgirls Uncore).

Still I will play some games just for trophies if it's something that I like if I get it for free (either gameshare or borrow from my brother or free from PS+). And I'm glad that I did it with a few games that I ended up enjoying quite a bit and would have skipped them entirely if I had to buy them..

If I start a game, I usually go for the platinum, unless if it's something that I started because I wanted to play it, but am unable to get the platinum because of difficulty or lack of motivation (Catherine, Street Fighter games, BlazBlue games, MotorStorm Pacific Rift to name a few).

I used to aim for 100% and getting all DLC to get those trophies, but nowadays, I no longer do it, because it's to expensive (otherwise I would keep buying it), so I only buy DLC if it's really cheap (Driveclub season pass  :lol:) or if I really want it (and it's cheap.. main reason why I didn't bought Rocket Leage, Grid 2, Muramasa Rebirth or Bloodborne DLC yet..).

I buy a few games that interest me

But 90% of the time I buy games to boost my platinum count and now, trophy level and ranking

Ever since I unlocked my first platinum, I had the urge to just watch that number grow

I have a handful of hard 1s I suppose

But the majority are easy or moderately difficult

A platinum is still a platinum at the end of the day

I push for platinums pretty hard

Since I got my very 1st in August of 2012

I've unlocked at least 1 platinum a month, every single month, up until this very month.. without missing a beat..even maxed out at 7platinums a couple of months along the way

My streak so far is 40consecutive months

Or 3 years and 4 months of 104 consecutive platinums

Not too bad huh?

So yeah, I think I went pretty hard at pushing for my platinums

My next goal would be to maybe platinum the alphabet A-Z

Some games I've given up on but that's a small margin of my games

As for dlc, I could careless about them

I buy some from time to time, I would like to get all the trophies, but it's not important if I do, I usually just get it to play bonus maps and levels with friends, for the most part

Edited by Property_Damage