The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Ambrose really need that win as well. I know there are some people who are a like "well a loss to Brock isn't a big deal" but the thing is people like Dean and Bray and Rusev and Owens and Neville and Cesaro etc etc etc lose a lot. And after awhile people stop caring.

Remember when Barrett was on top...yeah kind of hard to remember those days :(

Has Ambrose won a big match in the last 6 months? Because it seems like every time I see him in a match he loses.

I still remember when Barrett and the Nexus premiered, it was great, but now they are either gone or have been buried so hard you rarely see them.   

is that obvious that The boss is going to win? :P

Edit: Sad, all the undefeated stuff went out of the window, and there was no point to have Becky Lynch tonight.

Well, at least the match was entertaining.

Edited by GoldenShaka

That match was weird. The girls worked hard, but it was full of botches. For most of the match everyone looked strong, but the ending makes Sasha look super strong, makes Charlotte look weak and makes Becky look even weaker. Yeah just shrug off a top rope finisher then have your manager stop the strongest looking girl from winning. 

Can't believe Charlotte won. It's good to have a HOF daddy I guess. HIAC next. The heels have been winning outside of the opening ladder match. Good matches, unexpected results. I guess they want to give a FU to all the smarks. 

I am actually ok with Charlotte winning (although Sasha would have been a nice winner as well) but my one complaint is, If the plan was for Charlotte to win? Why didn't they give her the new title back when she won it the first time? It would have been the clear end of the Divas era and the new start of the Women's era. Now it is like "well Charlotte was part of the Divas era...but I guess she can be part of the Women's era"

So now it is more about Corporate deciding "we are in a new era" instead of someone like Sasha or Charlotte throwing the old belt in the trash and demanding Change.

Seems like shitty booking (what else is new) or well at least the Divas title is gone.

Why does Shane look older then the Undertaker?

Shane Mcmahon the submissions master?

Good match. Shane looked super strong. All his old hardcore stuff plus submissions left and right.

The ending was both good and bad, it should have been Taker's last match. 

Edited by soultaker655

C'mon, don't overreact, that was just entertainment, Bray had nothing to do, and even "Mr Rock" lol, said that Bray is a beloved wrestler in  WWE Universe.

If this was a weekly show or a throw away PPV it would have been fine, but this it the only PPV that non-wrestling fan watch. Why would you squash your new monster group to a old wrestler who they will never get revenge on and super Cena? I makes them look weak and the Rock and Cena get nothing out of it because they are the Rock and Cena.

OMG why would you super bury the Wyatts like this??????

So Rusev, Sheamus, Barrett, Del Rio, New Day and the Wyatts aren't as good as the Attitude Era guys.

I mean it wasn't like any of those guys (besides the New Day) were winners before but do you really have to highlight it so much.

It is a weird Wrestlemania. Good action...terrible booking.  I guess 28 writers aren't enough...glad they are hiring more

https://wwecorp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/wwecorp/job/Stamford-CT--Headquarters/Writer--Temp-_R0000510-1

If this was a weekly show or a throw away PPV it would have been fine, but this it the only PPV that non-wrestling fan watch. Why would you squash your new monster group to a old wrestler who they will never get revenge on and super Cena? I makes them look weak and the Rock and Cena get nothing out of it because they are the Rock and Cena.

That is what I said back at Raw 1000. There are a lot of people that tuned into that show that hadn't watch wrestling in a long time. They tuned in and saw DX destroy Sandow, Taker and Kane destroy 10 guys, Rock tear down Bryan and figured "well guess I am not missing much because the new people are all losers. Time to tune out again"

They should be using the stars of the past to get new people over. ESPECIALLY on the 1 show of the year that non-hardcore fans watch.

• Like 1

So Rusev, Sheamus, Barrett, Del Rio, New Day and the Wyatts aren't as good as the Attitude Era guys.

I mean it wasn't like any of those guys (besides the New Day) were winners before but do you really have to highlight it so much.

It is a weird Wrestlemania. Good action...terrible booking.  I guess 28 writers aren't enough...glad they are hiring more

https://wwecorp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/wwecorp/job/Stamford-CT--Headquarters/Writer--Temp-_R0000510-1

That is what I said back at Raw 1000. There are a lot of people that tuned into that show that hadn't watch wrestling in a long time. They tuned in and saw DX destroy Sandow, Taker and Kane destroy 10 guys, Rock tear down Bryan and figured "well guess I am not missing much because the new people are all losers. Time to tune out again"

They should be using the stars of the past to get new people over. ESPECIALLY on the 1 show of the year that non-hardcore fans watch.

I give you all reason about what happened in the tag team match.

But in the Rock case is different, the Rock was heavily promoted to be part of Wrestlemania, and you know that he's an entertainer, they're not going to let someone kick his ass. That's why he stood Bray out and made the audience applaud him, the rest was just the predictable I'm going to beat you show.

Then have him beat up the Social Outcasts, not your top heel group

Yes, maybe you're right about that part, but I think that it wasn't going to have the same impact as to be interrupted for Wyatt family.

What the fuck is this PPV, seriously? I guess they really are going all in for Summerslam. Also, fuck that Charlotte win. Sasha had a Eddie tribute and everything.

Yeah, I was expecting as much of people The boss to win, having Charlotte retain made dumb to have Becky there. During the whole promotion Becky was the weakest link, now she looked even worse.

I give you all reason about what happened in the tag team match.

But in the Rock case is different, the Rock was heavily promoted to be part of Wrestlemania, and you know that he's an entertainer, they're not going to let someone kick his ass. That's why he stood Bray out and made the audience applaud him, the rest was just the predictable I'm going to beat you show.

Yes, maybe you're right about that part, but I think that it wasn't going to have the same impact as to be interrupted for Wyatt family.

Yeah, I was expecting as much of people The boss to win, having Charlotte retain made dumb to have Becky there. During the whole promotion Becky was the weakest link, now she looked even worse.

I guess my thing is, who got elevated today? Corbin...sure, Ryder...maybe. Who else? Austin, Michaels, Foley, Rock and Cena? Good for them.

New Day, Styles, Sami, Sasha, Becky, the league of Nations, the Wyatts all lost. Hell even Shane lost so that means the Authority is still on Raw...the same Authority that is still telling us that we are losers and that all their stars are pathetic. What other company tells its customers that they are stupid and their product sucks. Who writes this bullshit.

• Like 3

Wow they went through with the clean Reigns win. Nothing stops Vince. 

He knew fans just didn't want Reigns to win, so no difference the way to do it.

I guess my thing is, who got elevated today? Corbin...sure, Ryder...maybe. Who else? Austin, Michaels, Foley, Rock and Cena? Good for them.

New Day, Styles, Sami, Sasha, Becky, the league of Nations, the Wyatts all lost. Hell even Shane lost so that means the Authority is still on Raw...the same Authority that is still telling us that we are losers and that all their stars are pathetic. What other company tells its customers that they are stupid and their product sucks. Who writes this bullshit.

Ok, let me see, imo, Sami didn't need to be champion tonight, he has less than a month, even KO had some irrelevant matches before getting IC.

New day result sucked a lot!!! If we needed new champs for a while Dudleys or Usos were the option, but having Dudleys as part of the roster just because nostalgia factor it's stupidest decision ever.

What happened to Sasha sucked a lot.

Shane / Taker match was a desperate attempt to boost the show, so idk what to think about the result.

Styles beat many times Y2J, always clean, and even when he lost he always looked strong. I don't think he got buried losing today.

He knew fans just didn't want Reigns to win, so no difference the way to do it.

Ok, let me see, imo, Sami didn't need to be champion tonight, he has less than a month, even KO had some irrelevant matches before getting IC.

New day result sucked a lot!!! If we needed new champs for a while Dudleys or Usos were the option, but having Dudleys as part of the roster just because nostalgia factor it's stupidest decision ever.

What happened to Sasha sucked a lot.

Shane / Taker match was a desperate attempt to boost the show, so idk what to think about the result.

Styles beat many times Y2J, always clean, and even when he lost he always looked strong. I don't think he got buried losing today.

Sami didn't need the belt but there was a story to tell there. KO came in and took Sami's NXT title so poetic justice would have him do the same to Kevin on the grandest stage of them all.

As for Styles, no he didn't get buried. But everyone keeps calling him Rookie and telling him he is in the big leagues now. So on his first time out to Mania he proves them all wrong...by losing :( Sure he has beaten Jericho before and he is probably going to be fine, but having him lose at Mania to Jericho was just stupid.

Think of it like this, Taker has been beaten loads of times BUT only Lesnar's win at Mania is regarded as something special because he beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. So even though AJ beat Jericho twice already it didn't happen at Mania and it really would have meant a lot more if he did. Also they are tied 2&2 now so they have to do a final match so AJ gets his win back at Extreme rules...yay :|.

The 50/50 booking has really hurt a lot of people because no one seems special as everyone is the same.