Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

That's true, but personally even if I had them on my PS2 I would still prefer playing them with trophies/platinums, 1080p resolution and with some of the other features that comes with it. But that's just my opinion of course, I love unlocking trophies with this new re-releases of my favorite PS2 games :D

I can understand that.  For me, time and money are better spent on titles I haven't played yet.  If I already have the game for the PS2, I would feel like I was just paying for trophies and though it may be sacrilege around these parts, I just don't care about trophies THAT much.

Edited by awf9495

I can understand that.  For me, time and money are better spent on titles I haven't played yet.  If I already have the game for the PS2, I would feel like I was just paying for trophies and though it may be sacrilege around these parts, I just don't care about trophies THAT much.

:o burn the witch!! xD that's fine everyone has different opinions and tastes, personally even if I had played Bully, GTA 3 and Vice City already I just couldn't resist to buy them again for the platinums, because personally I really enjoy unlocking trophies from games that never had them before, it's not like I bought them again just for the trophies even if I didn't wanted to play them all over again, is really fun to me playing through them one more time knowing that I have a new "challenge" waiting for me which is their platinums, and if I enjoy and have fun doing that then it was money well spent. But that's my own point of view, I respect your opinion :)

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

:o burn the witch!! xD that's fine everyone has different opinions and tastes, personally even if I had played Bully, GTA 3 and Vice City already I just couldn't resist to buy them again for the platinums, because personally I really enjoy unlocking trophies from games that never had them before, it's not like I bought them again just for the trophies even if I didn't wanted to play them all over again, is really fun to me playing through them one more time knowing that I have a new "challenge" waiting for me which is their platinums, and if I enjoy and have fun doing that then it was money well spent. But that's my own point of view, I respect your opinion :)

And I respect yours. You are certainly choosing some fantastic games to replay, though I always wondered just how the PS2 GTA's would feel after playing through V in particular.  As long as you are having fun, I know you are doing something right!

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to get a lot of my favourite PS2 games remastered in HD for PS3 so my wishlist isn't as long as it could be but I really do need the GTA Stories to come to PS4, and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters. Would also like Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness but I know everyone hates it so it's very unlikely but I loved it just the same, once you look past it's issues.

• Like 1

Dynasty Tactics 2

Hooray! I found the other person in this world who played this game!

Both Dynasty Tactics games were good, but DT2 was superior. I would love to hunt all of the officers again (was it Ma Teng that was super difficult in that game? I remember one officer was an absolute bear to find).

Anyway, I am re-iterating my desire to see Suikoden. Even Suikoden IV, as unfinished as it obviously was, is still satisfactory).

Mortal kombat  Deadly alliance - armaggedon , Red Ninja , Bloody roar Extreme [ Its xbox explusive but ho care ] shinobido way of the Ninja . Soulcalibur 3 , crimson sea 1 and 2 . tekken 5 . Dead or alive 2 , Onimusha warlord - dawn of dreams. Rygar . Tenchu wrath of heaven- Tenchu  fatal shadows. Genji Dawn of samurai. Samurai warrior 1 and 2 

Edited by RAIDEN_934

I loved the theme, and I liked the colors (so much improvement from Suikoden III in that department, although V would overtop both). I hated the fact that the villain (who was clearly supposed to become the Neclord) just never developed. I don't think that Cray ever appears again, in any spin-off or anything.

And I respect yours. You are certainly choosing some fantastic games to replay, though I always wondered just how the PS2 GTA's would feel after playing through V in particular.  As long as you are having fun, I know you are doing something right!

They obviously feel outdated in terms of gameplay and graphics, but personally I think that GTA 5 has one of the worst stories of the franchise, the game itself is amazing on almost everything but I was disappointed by its story, just didn't considered as good as GTA 4 or San Andreas's stories which in my opinion are way better and more interesting.

GTA 3 and Vice City are the ones with the most outdated gameplay (camera controls and aiming controls are really bad by today gaming standards), San Andreas feels a little more "modern" and clearly improved on those aspects, not to mention the three of them feels more hard compared to GTA 5's more friendly and easy gameplay.

But even with those things you can still greatly enjoy them even after playing GTA 5, maybe GTA 3 seemed a little boring to play after a while but that's just me, all GTA games are great on their own.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I don't have a Ps3, so the original Ratchet and Clank trilogy would be amazing to see. As well as Deadlocked, maybe? :blink:

You don't have a PS3? but most of your profile is filled with PS3's games and it says that yesterday you earned your last PS3 trophy  :blink: or maybe you sold it today?

Rule of Rose

Everblue 1 & 2

King's Field IV

Echo Night: Beyond

Forever Kingdom

Silent Hill 2-4

Dragon Quest VIII (at least there's an upcoming 3DS version I guess)

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2

Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant and Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Shenmue II (I know this was a Dreamcast game, and later released on the original Xbox, but I'd love to see this on the PSN store, along with the first game perhaps)

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Haunting Ground

The Fatal Frame series

Radiata Stories

Suikoden 3-5

Basically, mostly just the RPGs and semi-obscure games I never got to play back on the PS2. Some of these titles are quite expensive now (Rule of Rose), and I'm the kind of person who refuses to pay anything over £60 for a standard game (I've paid about £80-£90 for collector's editions, but that's as far as it goes). Also, a couple of these were never released here in Europe.

Edit:

Also, I'd like to add Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 to my list, just for the nostalgia (and the new Battlefront was a disappointment). Silent Hill 2-4 are also for nostalgia, since I already played them back on the PS2 (and the God awful HD collection for 2-3 on PS3).

Edited by SuperSmexy500

Rule of Rose

Everblue 1 & 2

King's Field IV

Echo Night: Beyond

Forever Kingdom

Silent Hill 2-4

Dragon Quest VIII (at least there's an upcoming 3DS version I guess)

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2

Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant and Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Shenmue II (I know this was a Dreamcast game, and later released on the original Xbox, but I'd love to see this on the PSN store, along with the first game perhaps)

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Haunting Ground

The Fatal Frame series

Radiata Stories

Suikoden 3-5

Basically, mostly just the RPGs and semi-obscure games I never got to play back on the PS2. Some of these titles are quite expensive now (Rule of Rose), and I'm the kind of person who refuses to pay anything over £60 for a standard game (I've paid about £80-£90 for collector's editions, but that's as far as it goes). Also, a couple of these were never released here in Europe.

Edit:

Also, I'd like to add Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 to my list, just for the nostalgia (and the new Battlefront was a disappointment). Silent Hill 2-4 are also for nostalgia, since I already played them back on the PS2 (and the God awful HD collection for 2-3 on PS3).

I liked your list because you mentioned some horror games I would love to see on PS4 :) and I know that they aren't near as well done compared to the original 4 SH's games made by Team Silent, but I would like to see Origins and Shattered Memories come out as well, really enjoyed SM (would also love to unlock its trophies and possible platinum) and I would like to finally give Origins a try.

The HD Collection was really bad, even after the PS3's exclusive patch, would love to play the original PS2 versions with trophy support.

PS.: do you visit PlayStation LifeStyle? because I think I saw an user said similar things about the HD Collection there too and he also mentioned some horror games like the ones you mentioned here.

Still waiting Max Payne.. I dont understand Rockstar, they released Bully and Manhunt but still no Max Payne. I tired of waiting this game.

Well, at least you know is coming out after all its leaks, it could be worse and still don't have news about a Max Payne re-release ;) we'll just have to be patient and it will come out unexpectedly one of these weeks, just like Bully and Manhunt were released unexpectedly without a previous announcement.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I liked your list because you mentioned some horror games I would love to see on PS4 :) and I know that they aren't near as well done compared to the original 4 SH's games made by Team Silent, but I would like to see Origins and Shattered Memories come out as well, really enjoyed SM (would also love to unlock its trophies and possible platinum) and I would like to finally give Origins a try.

The HD Collection was really bad, even after the PS3's exclusive patch, would love to play the original PS2 versions with trophy support.

PS.: do you visit PlayStation LifeStyle? because I think I saw an user said similar things about the HD Collection there too and he also mentioned some horror games like the ones you mentioned here.

I enjoy horror games, and the PS2 seem to have quite a lot of titles in that genre. It also seemed to have a lot of interesting RPGs, though I wasn't into that genre so much when I was a kid. Looking back on that generation, I feel like I missed out on a lot of great PS2 games (at least I have fond memories of a sizeable amount of Gamecube titles though, lol).

I played Shattered Memories on the Wii I believe, never got to play Origins though. I'd like to see these titles released on the PS4 as well.

Yeah, I still got a lot of random crashes/black screens even after the patch, especially in SH3.

Nah, never visited PlayStation LifeStyle before.