PSA: This game is broken.

Kubanga

So I recently started playing Battlefront again after a long hiatus due to the Battle of Jakku dlc releasing. Needless to say, EA (not surprisingly) broke the ever living fuck out of the game. Some buttons for some reason stop working randomly and before you say well its your controller dipshit, no it isn't. The problem directly stims from playing as a hero then coming back as a regular soldier. Buttons randomly stop working, star cards can't be used and sometimes you can't even move after this occurs. I highly recommend you don't ask this as a Christmas gift until it is fixed as it is a kick in the balls that EA hasn't fixed this yet. Also as a little bonus, connections seem worse and load times have increased since the release of the dlc.

Edited by Kubanga
  • Like 1

So I recently started playing Battlefront again after a long hiatus due to the Battle of Jakku dlc releasing. Needless to say, EA (not surprisingly) broke the ever living fuck out of the game. Some buttons for some reason stop working randomly and before you say well its your controller dipshit, no it isn't. The problem directly stims from playing as a hero then coming back as a regular soldier. Buttons randomly stop working, star cards can't be used and sometimes you can't even move after this occurs. I highly recommend you don't ask this as a Christmas gift until it is fixed as it is a kick in the balls that EA hasn't fixed this yet. Also as a little bonus, connections seem worse and load times have increased since the release of the dlc.

Vouching for this statement.

Today, I have experienced each issue mentioned in the OP -- the Star Cards cease the functionality when playing Hero Hunt (even while playing as a Hero). I thought my controller was the issue as well.

Also, my character will discontinue firing despite pressing the trigger initiation.

Least of surprised towards the low amount of players for Battlefront on this site -- roughly 28,000 to 30,000.

**EA also nerfed the Grenade and Barrage Star Cards -- DL-44 is still the most OP Blaster in the game (great for Survival, a nuisance in Multiplayer) 

***The match specific trophies also glitched for me and have yet to be attained do to this issue.

Edited by Tamer

So my plan with Battlefront, and bear in mind I am a big Star Wars AND Battlefront fan, was to wait a year or so until it, like all EA shooters, dropped to 10 bucks.

My question is, do you think they'll have even fixed everything in that time or not? The beta was disappointing as balls, so I'm perfectly fine with waiting until the game works perfectly, but why the devil can't these guys ever have a successful shooter launch, all you ever hear is problems problems problems.

• Like 2

So my plan with Battlefront, and bear in mind I am a big Star Wars AND Battlefront fan, was to wait a year or so until it, like all EA shooters, dropped to 10 bucks.

My question is, do you think they'll have even fixed everything in that time or not? The beta was disappointing as balls, so I'm perfectly fine with waiting until the game works perfectly, but why the devil can't these guys ever have a successful shooter launch, all you ever hear is problems problems problems.

The other reason why I am not going to get it is because I got Lord of the Rings: Conquest which was one of Pandemic last game which was released in 2009 but the severs only lasted one year, so by the time I bought it which was early 2011 they stopped working, that left a sour feeling for EA and it also dosen't help that they always have issues with Battlefield especially Battlefield 4 and then we have SimCity and The Sims 4. So my faith in EA is lost, which is a shame since I loved them during the PS2 era.

The other reason why I am not going to get it is because I got Lord of the Rings: Conquest which was one of Pandemic last game which was released in 2009 but the severs only lasted one year, so by the time I bought it which was early 2011 they stopped working, that left a sour feeling for EA and it also dosen't help that they always have issues with Battlefield especially Battlefield 4 and then we have SimCity and The Sims 4. So my faith in EA is lost, which is a shame since I loved them during the PS2 era.

I remember Lotr Conquest. That game was fun as hell.
  • Like 1

The game did have a great launch actually. Probably one of the smoothest in any multiplayer game in recent years. The problems OP is talking about seem to be a result of the latest update (which was for the free DLC).

I haven't played it much since the update, but I've noticed a few of the same things. I give EA a lot of shit, but they've been doing well with this game (I get the feeling Emperor Disney is on their ass). So I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were patched up in the next update. The glitchy trophies are another story though, don't know why those aren't fixed yet.

I remember Lotr Conquest. That game was fun as hell.

Yea, I love that game probably because it copied Star Wars Battlefront mechanics but it still had some of it's own stuff, also it is motherfucking Lord of the Rings. I love that game so much that it was supposed to be my first platinum but the online trophies fucked me up because it's servers were down so I didn't get a platinum for two years until I got Hyperdimension Neptunia as my first platinum.

The game is filled with a lot of bugs. I have infinite scan pulse since i've bought the cards, im level  47 and I still spam them everytime its off cooldown and it never went under 99. The DL-44 ( the most overpowered gun in shooting game history ) Is suppose to 3 shot people since the new patch instead of 2 shot. But I still 2 shot people even when shooting there legs/feet. I even went in a coop game with my friend to test it out. For him headshots were 2 shot but the rest was 3 shot, but for me, even now, I 2 shot even if I shoot there legs.

There's also a random bug where you go invincible for no reason sometimes, your just walking around shooting and you'll be invincible for a few seconds, the game is filled with bugs since release it's pretty hilarious. The games fun but don't take it seriously lol..

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

The game did have a great launch actually. Probably one of the smoothest in any multiplayer game in recent years. The problems OP is talking about seem to be a result of the latest update (which was for the free DLC).

I haven't played it much since the update, but I've noticed a few of the same things. I give EA a lot of shit, but they've been doing well with this game (I get the feeling Emperor Disney is on their ass). So I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were patched up in the next update. The glitchy trophies are another story though, don't know why those aren't fixed yet.

I'll be honest, if this game came out with a perfect launch, a shitload of free DLC and no season pass at all, I still wouldn't buy it 'til the price drop because I know it's coming anyway.