Can't get Saints Row IV to work properly

Remilia Scarlet

I bought Saints Row IV: Commander in Chief Edition yesterday. It kept freezing over and over and over, forcing me into a hard reset of my system. I deleted the game data, reinstalled it, the patches, everything. It kept freezing. I finally decided to rebuild the system database and not even that worked.

Also, none of my other games do this. I never even had this issue with Skyrim, at least not this frequently.

I returned it for a new copy and I still have this issue! I need help!

Edited by AnimeDreama

SR IV crashed for me a few times on PS3 (National Treasure edition), but not lot you are experiencing.  It could be the version you have, I have the SCEA version of the game and bought my PS3 in the US.  If you're in Europe or purchased a European copy of the game, maybe try getting your hands on one from another region.

SR IV crashed for me a few times on PS3 (National Treasure edition), but not lot you are experiencing.  It could be the version you have, I have the SCEA version of the game and bought my PS3 in the US.  If you're in Europe or purchased a European copy of the game, maybe try getting your hands on one from another region.

I'm in America and purchased an American copy.

Is it the physical or digital copy? I first bought a physical copy that was used and it was glitched really badly because of the disc. So I wound up buying it digitally and no problems there.

It's a physical pre-owned copy.

I got the National Treasure edition a year ago or so and never really had any issues with it. I say you try digital.

I'm starting to think I should.

I have the normal version + season pass. Before any of the DLC it froze once or twice and only between missions. Nothing too troblesome. Enter the Dominatrix on the other hand froze all the time be it either during gameplay or cutscenes (Aside for audio, which played the loaded dialogue until the end and left the music on for the frozen image.) if my PS3 was connected to the internet. Playing offline seems to fix it, but I have no idea why.

Disable your internet, completely.  Not just signing out of PSN, go into your connection settings and turn it off.  Seriously.  If your PS3 is connected to the internet this game WILL crash.  I was having the same issue recently, after not having played for a while, and this was what finally fixed it for me.

• Like 1

It's a physical pre-owned copy.

Ah, that just might be the problem then. I took a look at the disc I still own and there's hardly a noticeable scratch on it, yet the game would have white walls and invisible characters so I couldn't even get past the White House part. Not sure what else to say except if you really want to play it you could just download it.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem when i bought it, crashed 4 times in one hour. Disable the internet connection like they said, it never happened to me again.

Problem is i would like to do co-op to gold medal the hardest activities but the game would probably crash in 30 minutes

• 1 month later...

I've just played through this game and in the whole of the 40 hours it only crashed twice. The first time was around the 18 hour mark (I was just running around the city when the music stopped and then the picture froze) and the 2nd was about 30 hours in (I was in the upgrade menu but it didn't load properly and I couldn't exit out). First time I had to hard reset my PS3, the 2nd time I was able to quit out using the :ps: button on the controller. I was signed in to the PSN the whole time I was playing too. The version have is the UK digital Game Of The Century edition.

I had heard so many stories of people having issues with this game, from constant freezing to trophies glitching that I was almost put off playing it. I'm glad that I did play it now as it was a really enjoyable game, and I guess I must have got lucky with only 2 freezes and none of the trophies glitching on me.