Bandai Namco confirms several games for western release

ShadowStar83x

You don't need to play GEB or anything.

Resurrection works as a new opening to the series. Kinda like Rebirths for Neps.

In fact, Resurrection contains the whole GE1, Burst and everything that is the first God Eater. =D

Also, anime is pretty much just showing how based Ufotable is, it's not really canon =D

That's good to know, thanks for the info.  :) I'll definitely be picking this up right away then!

If it's not canon, does that mean I can watch it before I play the games and not be confused? It doesn't spoil anything? :giggle:   

Shame that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven looks almost identical to All Star Battle.

I love JoJo, and love All Star Battle, but I want something a bit different.

It's practically just J-Stars with a JJBA: ASB skin slapped on top of it. I didn't plan on buying it since i thought the game wouldn't get a release outside of Japan but i guess i was wrong.

But! I'm willing to give the game a shot, if it's ANYTHING like J-Stars however i think i'll pass.

It's practically just J-Stars with a JJBA: ASB skin slapped on top of it. I didn't plan on buying it since i thought the game wouldn't get a release outside of Japan but i guess i was wrong.

But! I'm willing to give the game a shot, if it's ANYTHING like J-Stars however i think i'll pass.

Theres a demo on the JP store if you want to try it. I had a good time with it, but its fairly similar to J-stars. I fuckin love Jojo though so im buying it for sure. 

Theres a demo on the JP store if you want to try it. I had a good time with it, but its fairly similar to J-stars. I fuckin love Jojo though so im buying it for sure. 

Yeah, i'm thinking of trying it since i learned a long time ago that just watching a game and not actually playing doesn't do it justice. 

I'll still buy it no doubt since JoJo games rarely comes out. It's just that ever since i finished playing J-Stars, any game that even remotely plays similar to it, i ignore. I think that's why i didn't really cover the game much after opening the Eyes of Heaven discussion thread, it was hype at first but then the hype kinda died down for me.

I love the story though, all the JoJo's and side characters vs. every single villain of the series? I'm sold.

• Like 1

Someone's sounding a bit angry:awesome:

Nah, I'm just taking the piss out of myself for only really knowing one series from Bandai Namco and having no idea of any of these aside from knowing that God Eater was a PSP game or something at one point.

Yeah, i'm thinking of trying it since i learned a long time ago that just watching a game and not actually playing doesn't do it justice. 

I'll still buy it no doubt since JoJo games rarely comes out. It's just that ever since i finished playing J-Stars, any game that even remotely plays similar to it, i ignore. I think that's why i didn't really cover the game much after opening the Eyes of Heaven discussion thread, it was hype at first but then the hype kinda died down for me.

I love the story though, all the JoJo's and side characters vs. every single villain of the series? I'm sold.

While we're on the topic, did you see the Diamond is Unbreakable preview? :awesome:

• Like 1

While we're on the topic, did you see the Diamond is Unbreakable preview? :awesome:

Nope, but i have now :awesome:

When i actually saw a video about Part 4 was getting an anime i was in shock. Should i tell everybody? Should i freak out? Should i wait until somebody makes a thread about it? In the end i decided not to do it since i'm lazy.

I know a few of my friends who looked forward to this part finally getting the anime treatment. I didn't really like the parts after part 4 since i haven't even read halfway into Stone Ocean yet. I think it's because i loved Battle Tendency, Stardust Crusaders AND Diamond Is Crash Unbreakable so much. I wouldn't mind a Vento Aureo anime but let's just say it wasn't my favourite JoJo part lol

Nah, I'm just taking the piss out of myself for only really knowing one series from Bandai Namco and having no idea of any of these aside from knowing that God Eater was a PSP game or something at one point.

Then you better jump at J-games train =D

If it's not canon, does that mean I can watch it before I play the games and not be confused? It doesn't spoil anything? :giggle:   

Main-story wise, no.

It does touch a few things about partner characters, especially Alisa 

and Pita :D

But it definitely hypes you for the game so I say, go for it =D

FOR UFOTABLE!

Just... probably wait 'till the remaining episodes are released =D 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

You don't need to play GEB or anything.

Resurrection works as a new opening to the series. Kinda like Rebirths for Neps.

In fact, Resurrection contains the whole GE1, Burst and everything that is the first God Eater. =D

I never played the God Eater series but I am glad I can start with Resurrection, looks wonderfull

Also apparently they teamed up with Hyperdimension Neptunia

After Tales of Vesperia NOTHING is certain :D Although this makes me happy I still haven't bought tales of Zestiria but the little I did play didn't wow me :/

Well Tales of Berseria has been announced like a good 6 months ago. Or at least it's up for preorder for a good 6 months already.

I had no idea they started productions on part 4! You sir, just made my day!!! :)  :)  :)

MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA!

Sufficient reply? =D

LOL! You bet! :D

• Like 1

Main-story wise, no.

It does touch a few things about partner characters, especially Alisa 

and Pita :D

But it definitely hypes you for the game so I say, go for it =D

FOR UFOTABLE!

Just... probably wait 'till the remaining episodes are released =D 

Awesome, I'll be sure to do that then. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer for the remaining episodes to come out, because I don't know how much longer I can wait!  :D

All I'm saying is that there better be some damn fine waifus in this series, or I'm out.  :P

Awesome, I'll be sure to do that then. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer for the remaining episodes to come out, because I don't know how much longer I can wait!  :D

Well, they promised Winter 2016, so probably in January.

All I'm saying is that there better be some damn fine waifus in this series, or I'm out.  :P

Alisa or go home :awesome:

I'm also personally fan of Shio and Licca :D

• Like 1

It looks like the God Eater localisations will only have English voices. I know this could be a deal breaker for some people. I'll probably be fine with the English voices, but I'm always a fan of being given the choice. Either way I won't let this affect my excitement for these games.  :)

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/god-eater-resurrection-god-eater-2-rage-burst-localization-only-english-voices

Edited by Undead_Wolf_N7
  • Like 1

It looks like the God Eater localisations will only have English voices. I know this could be a deal breaker for some people. I'll probably be fine with the English voices, but I'm always a fan of being given the choice. Either way I won't let this affect my excitement for these games.  :)

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/god-eater-resurrection-god-eater-2-rage-burst-localization-only-english-voices

for a second i though about recreating your avatar.. but then i though.. there's better things to do.. like giving my money to some other games..

english.. lame -_-