My Thoughts

Stargazer2600

So i been a really big fan of the Fallout series since 3's release. When i played 3 I LOVED it. At first New Vegas was meh but i did grow to love it for what it was and i happily call it one of my faves. I ended u getting the original fallouts and while they arnt my thing, i can see why people would like them when they came out. However this is about Fallout 4 and my thoughts on it.

So i'll start off by saying I do like the game. At first i didn't like the cartoonish graphics but i quickly learned to not care about that. I love that its harder now. In the other Fallouts i was able to run in and V.A.T.S everything and walk out untouched, this is not the case in this one. I now find myself planning how i want to attack and retreating to heal when i can. I haven't fnished the story but so far i do like it, even if it is the cliche father son story. That being said, the game does have a bit of faults that somewhat knock some points off.

The biggest is how Bethesda took a huge short cut. What short cut you may ask? The game is borrowed HEAVILY from Skyrim. being a fan of both, its pretty obvious. even the loading screens are from skyrim. the whole resource thing and building a settlement is ripped from skyrims heathfire DLC where you gathered supplies and build a homestead. Even a lot of the voice acting are the same voices from Skyrim. To me this is a pretty damn big short cut.

While Fallout 4 is good, I miss how it had its own style like 3 and NV. I understand both franchises are made by Bethesda now but i didnt wait 6 years for a fallout game to feel like skyrim. so far im not really seeing why this game couldnt also be on PS3 (besides graphic wise) Since R* has proven with GTA V that the PS3 can hold pretty massive games. (GTA online is pretty damn massive)

after playing 3 and NV so much i was looking forward to new songs. while there are a few, i really dislike how they just threw the same ones in. i normally keep my radio off cause of it. The axing of the karma system was a bit of a let down. It almost feels as if my choices some what don't matter. who cares if i'm good or bad. Is the decision i made a noble one? its just something i'm gonna miss.

so while i do like fallout 4. I cant say i love it, at least not on the level that i do 3 and NV. in the end i give it 3 1/2 caps out of 5
Edited by Stargazer2600

So i been a really big fan of the Fallout series since 3's release. When i played 3 I LOVED it. At first New Vegas was meh but i did grow to love it for what it was and i happily call it one of my faves. I ended u getting the original fallouts and while they arnt my thing, i can see why people would like them when they came out. However this is about Fallout 4 and my thoughts on it.

So i'll start off by saying I do like the game. At first i didn't like the cartoonish graphics but i quickly learned to not care about that. I love that its harder now. In the other Fallouts i was able to run in and V.A.T.S everything and walk out untouched, this is not the case in this one. I now find myself planning how i want to attack and retreating to heal when i can. I haven't fnished the story but so far i do like it, even if it is the cliche father son story. That being said, the game does have a bit of faults that somewhat knock some points off.

The biggest is how Bethesda took a huge short cut. What short cut you may ask? The game is borrowed HEAVILY from Skyrim. being a fan of both, its pretty obvious. even the loading screens are from skyrim. the whole resource thing and building a settlement is ripped from skyrims heathfire DLC where you gathered supplies and build a homestead. Even a lot of the voice acting are the same voices from Skyrim. To me this is a pretty damn big short cut.

While Fallout 4 is good, I miss how it had its own style like 3 and NV. I understand both franchises are made by Bethesda now but i didnt wait 6 years for a fallout game to feel like skyrim. so far im not really seeing why this game couldnt also be on PS3 (besides graphic wise) Since R* has proven with GTA V that the PS3 can hold pretty massive games. (GTA online is pretty damn massive)

after playing 3 and NV so much i was looking forward to new songs. while there are a few, i really dislike how they just threw the same ones in. i normally keep my radio off cause of it. The axing of the karma system was a bit of a let down. It almost feels as if my choices some what don't matter. who cares if i'm good or bad. Is the decision i made a noble one? its just something i'm gonna miss.

so while i do like fallout 4. I cant say i love it, at least not on the level that i do 3 and NV. in the end i give it 3 1/2 caps

I think the same as you, I mean if you ask me there is not that many guns in this game too, how many times have you gone into a old pre war place and found a pipe gun? it's just dum I think nv has better stuff in guns and style then 4

Cartoonish graphics? What the fuck? The game looks exactly like Fallout 3 except on the Creation Engine! Cartoonish... you can't be serious. Cartoonish is Team Fortress. It's Sly Cooper, Saints Row, the early GTA games. Fallout 4 is NOT cartoonish.

EDIT: 3 1/2 out of what? 5? 10?

Edited by AnimeDreama
  • Like 2

Cartoonish graphics? What the fuck? The game looks exactly like Fallout 3 except on the Creation Engine! Cartoonish... you can't be serious. Cartoonish is Team Fortress. It's Sly Cooper, Saints Row, the early GTA games. Fallout 4 is NOT cartoonish.

don't need to be hard on him it's what he thinks, I mean the graphics to me I never cared about for there nothing to me unless they are lsd bad then yeah

obviously its 3 1/2 out of 5 and when I say cartoonish I mean graphics like borderlands, cartoonish

How is the building like Skyrim? In Hearthfire, you couldn't put items where you wanted or choose what items you wanted they were just there. In Fallout 4 you put whatever you want where ever you want.

sure its expanded upon and improved, but lets face it. The base of its still there

We'd have a lot fewer games if developers didn't reuse assets and ideas. Fallout 4 has lots of ideas from Skyrim. It doesn't make it bad. Skyrim has lots of ideas from fallout 3 which itself is basically a reskinned Oblivion. Bethesda aren't the only ones that do it either. Mass effect and Dragon Age have a lot of similarities. The Last of Us has a lot of Uncharted in it. As for the radio i thought it was pretty good. I mean who hasn't listened to the radio in real life and been sick of the endless repeats of the same damn songs all the time??

obviously its 3 1/2 out of 5 and when I say cartoonish I mean graphics like borderlands, cartoonishsure its expanded upon and improved, but lets face it. The base of its still there

The graphics are nothing like Borderlands. Borderlands uses comic book cel shading. Fallout uses traditional character modeling. You can hardly call it similar to Borderlands. The only thing the two have in common is that they are role-playing games.

IMO Fallout 4 is the worst fallout of the series.

I mean 1 - 4 + NV. Fallout 4 is dead last.

It disgusts me, it's a lazy poorly made fallout made by corporate assholes.

At least with NV you could tell Obsidian loved fallout... mainly because they created it lol.

But they wanted to make the best game they could within the time limits they had.

Fallout 4 is NOTHING but a cash in.

It's a good game, but it's a shit fallout game.

If it was called "wild wasteland adventures 1" I'd give it an 7.5/8.

But it's fallout 4... so in the context of fallout and in comparison to other fallouts, it gets a 4/10.

A below average fallout game, that shits over its own history and lore.

A pathetic bastard child that I'd rather forget about.

As you can tell I'm not a fan. ;) I was 30th guy to platinum it hehe... I played it for a week straight and pretty much haven't returned.

I play 3 and NV still, 4 is just gross.

The radio, the dialogue system, the speech in said dialogue system, the characters voice, the story, the lack of any RPG mechanics.

If fallout 4 is an RPG, Far Cry 3 is an RPG... they're not RPGS.

Fallout 4 is a horrific car crash of a fallout game.

I'm a fallout fan first and bethesda fan second.

Fallout is my favorite franchise of all time. Fallout 4 however is nothing but a total underwhelming disappointment of a game for me. 

Edited by rgeGeo
  • Like 1

so while i do like fallout 4. I cant say i love it, at least not on the level that i do 3 and NV. in the end i give it 3 1/2 caps

Not to be too hard on this critique, but you do realize companies use a lot of the same voices for different games, right? For instance, Telltale uses a lot of the same voice actors in their different games, both Nolan North and Troy Baker are used a lot in Naughty Dog games, etc. So it only makes sense that the voice actors for Skyrim would be the same for Fallout. That doesn't detract from it in any way.

My problem with Fallout 4 is settlement building is a lot more difficult than in the Hearthfire DLC. With Hearthfire, you could just build a homestead and throw animals and a housekeeper in it. In Fallout 4, we have to track overall happiness if we want the plat. Frankly, I don't care how happy the settlers are. I am roaming the Commonwealth. With that said, I still don't have that trophy because it has been the hardest to get. I put it on the level of Social Lubricant for Watch_Dogs, the trophy where you had to complete all of the drinking games.

You just started the game going by the trophy list come back when you beat it.

I loved this game. Easily game of the year for me. Well to be fair this is my first RPG game and my first Bethesda game so I can't compare it to past games like Skyrim or the older Fallouts. My only complaint was that I expected dialogue and actions would give a more affect than what it actually gave me but I am too busy building settlements and jumping off rooftops of skyscrapers in power armor to really care about it. 10/10