Do you boost for trophies?

Edddyy

I have the FEAR 2 platinum, so yes i boost :P

Most games i dont though, Only find i need to do it if the online part is dead or if the trophy requirement is to play that 1 game for a full year cause the developers made a crazy ass trophy. FC2, and GTA4 im looking at you. And it is usually a bronze too :(

Generally I dislike boosting mainly because I don't feel I've really earned a trophy if I earned by boosting methods.

Sometimes though I do boost because some trophies have so ridiculous requirements that you may spent hours and hours in a game and never get them legitly. For example there is a dlc trophy in max payne 3 that requires that you kill 4 people in 3 seconds in a specific map. You would have to wait for the online system to get you into that map and then be so lucky that you find all 4 enemies close together and survive the encounter by killing them in 3 seconds. Bleh......

On the other hand I would never boost to gain exp to reach rank x even if it is a realy big grind (eg. AC Brotherhood, Bioshock 2, Max Payne 3) because it messes with online stats and leaderboards and it is not fair for people who do it legitly.

I have only boosted for rank in Call of Juarez: Bound in blood as at the time that I played it there weren't any people online....

I boost, but I get a bad feeling for a trophie, that I don't deserve it. But, as mentioned before, are so impossible, that you just can't get them legit. Recently I boosted Medal of Honor, simply because you need get 600 support point without dying(for a standart kill you get 10). and I tried to camp and simply get better in that game, but finally gave up and boosted.

I think trophies are trophies and it's not a big deal if you boost it, because even boosting sometimes is quite hard.

janistheberzins.png

Edited by janistheberzins

For sure I boost. Most of the online stuff is just silly and a big giant waste of time. Not that boosting is always faster. If I can speed up the time it takes to get to level 50, complete some crazy luck based task, or have any hope of completing an impossible requirment, then I will.

For sure I boost. Most of the online stuff is just silly and a big giant waste of time. Not that boosting is always faster. If I can speed up the time it takes to get to level 50, complete some crazy luck based task, or have any hope of completing an impossible requirment, then I will.

Yeah Shift 2 King of the hill trophy would of been a nightmare to try legit. So glad we got it done lol.

Mostly for games with dead online. I did boost for Soul Calibur IV on 360, but that was because that had so many pointless "do x y times" things.

Those can also be earned by fighting E5 titled NPCs (can't remember the mode name). But they're so dumb at that rank you might as well be boosting. Games like SCIV really gray the definition of 'boosting'.

Normally I don't boost. It's all just so much hassel to organise and make sure that everybody is doing as they should be. The only time I've boosted was for AC:B, but that was only to help others out and not for so that I'll be a step closer to the platinum (because fuck getting to max level online in that game)

Any other games that require you to level up online I'll just play normally by myself or with some friends while I enjoy it, and once it starts to become a real pain in the ass I'll likely move on to a new game

I definitely boost. I like working with other people for a common goal. When trophies are involved it makes the goal that much sweeter. Granted I have played many games where boosting would be required to get the platinum, but sometimes I just do it to play with other people because sometimes playing with others you don't know isn't very enjoyable so in some instances it is more fun to boost than to play otherwise.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'll boost anything that can be boosted if it can save me time. Got a lot of games lying around, so I wanna finish a MP grind as quickly as possible.

Exactly how I feel. Some games I do enjoy playing online like Bioshock 2 but most games I boost because I have other games I want to play :)

The only thing I don't understand is why some online trophies are made when its 99.9% impossible without boosting. Like take Red Dead Redemption for example. How is getting the Kingpin trophy even possible without boosting? What did you have to hope 9 people are in your game, in the specific town you need, and kill them all within a span of 2 minutes.

Edited by Roughdawg4

I would like to expand on that. How are some trophies even possible without a guide? I have encountered numerous trophies that I used a guide for that playing on my own would really be impossible. Like how you would know in game to check this or that for certain collectibles or items.

I would like to expand on that. How are some trophies even possible without a guide? I have encountered numerous trophies that I used a guide for that playing on my own would really be impossible. Like how you would know in game to check this or that for certain collectibles or items.

Exactly. And, just to add (though it's not even trophy related, but similar) How does one know the exact chests to NOT open in FFXII to obtain the zodiac spear? One does not and needs a guide. :P

Exactly. And, just to add (though it's not even trophy related, but similar) How does one know the exact chests to NOT open in FFXII to obtain the zodiac spear? One does not and needs a guide. :P

LOL when I was playing that game I was wondering the same thing. How many chests did you have to avoid? I cant remember i want to say it was 4 or 8. I mean wtf, how would anyone know that.

• Like 1