Do you boost for trophies?

Edddyy

i very rarely boost. i honestly dislike boosting in games. you need to get a whole group together, and then everyone needs to cooperate which rarely works... i only remember boosting 3 times. dragon ball raging blast, assassins creed brotherhood for one hour... which didnt really work out to be honest... and battlefield bad company 2. most of the time if a trophy requires boosting i just give up on the platinum and go to the next game.

• Like 3

I personally would never boost, I still think it goes against the entire point of the trophy system even on games with low activity. Although I would never condemn anyone else for doing it, I just wish there were no trophies that require online multiplayer in general.

Edited by SMamimi
  • Like 2

I only do if it becomes absolutely necessary. If online is dead, or if a task is beyond me, or if a task becomes impossible due to the way people play.

Examples, are Uncharted 2's trophy for getting 10 Protectorate trophies, (people would always throw the treasure so defending them became impossible. I boosted 8/10 of those medals),

Driver San Franciscos trophy for 10 flag captures, (not only was it difficult to FIND a game, but scoring was bloody difficult, I boosted 3/10 captures),

Assassins Creed Bro'hoods trophies for 10 second comeback (i came close once or twice, but luck played a HUGE role), All co-op bonuses in a session (this was impossible because no-one ever worked in a team unless it was prearranged) and all types of bonus at least once, (there were only a few i couldn't get, like 15 different bonuses in a session),

GTA IV's trophy for winning all variations of multiplayer (this was back when the glitch was active, the one that erased your progress if you left multiplayer, forcing you to do it in one go. Took 9 hours straight. THEN they fixed it. You can bet I was a little bit ticked off)

There have been a few others, but I usually say "I'll give it my best shot, and only boost if it becomes absolutely necessary".

• Like 1

For fighting games I don't boost ranked stuff (win streaks or particular win conditions for example), but any grinds like "fight 500 battles" I will boost if it just isn't gonna come naturally (if I didn't really like the game, the online is dead or the servers are bad playing from my country/bad in general like Battle Fantasia).

In the end those cases fall for me more in the "well I gotta find SOMEONE to play this, d'oh" than in what most people call boosting, but it's technically boosting I guess. Same with getting fellow players for LBP or Dead Rising... When it's CO-OP or neutral it's just what the game is asking you to do anyway, but the threads to coordinate those sessions are called "boosting threads" normally.

I'll only ever boost a game if the the trophy/trophies I'm boosting are online AND I've tried going for them solo but have been finding it to ruin the game, so far the only games I can see myself boosting that I want to try and platinum are. Driver: San Francisco, AC Brotherhood, GTA IV and Brutal Legend.

• Like 1

I don't boost but I did once for Kane & Lynch 2 for a friend. I usually don't boost due to the fact that most of my games don't require insane MP trophies and is stuff like: Win this mode on that map, blah, blah, blah. Most of the time I'll go ahead an do the MP myself as I can enjoy myself and won't have to go around helping people... B)

Absolutely. I usually do it because a game that I like has shitty online trophies or I pick the game up later than release and there is nobody online (Uncharted 2) Then boosting is necessary. I also find it fun and a great way to meet some awesome people. Otherwise I stick to my SP games B)

Edited by daftprophet

Kind of unsure myself, I don't think I do as I play ranked matches randomly although I refuse to play against a single bar connection in fighting games but player matches are arranged with friends and family members and the trophies just so happen to pop up but since I am arranging them is it boosting even though I am playing the game the way it was intended despite making those arrangements.

In any case if I do or don't doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother me if others do it either as it is better than playing with those who don't understand how to help in team based games although new players deserve some leeway here and playing against annoying spammers using the same character/weapon 400,000,000 times in a row... as well as most in the age bracket of 8-15yrs old...

Better to boost than put up with some games/gamers online and surely that can't be denied.

• Like 1

The people in the game knows how to play better than me, so I usually go for the trophies that are easy to win like play a competitive and 1 co-op game on Uncharted 2 and 3 and play 10 games, I don't need to win the 10 games in Virtua Fighter 5, but the rest I boost, I help and ask for help in the games.

• Like 1

I rarely do it since i normally just play singleplayer titles.

So far i boosted a couple of trophies on AC Brotherhood, Street Fighter X Tekken, Uncharted 2 and Dragon Ball Raging Blast (Since not many people play it by now).

I actually don't mind people that boost more almost every trophy possible, but it seems to loose that feeling of accomplishement that i get when i achieve the specific trophy.

Nope, I don't boost. If I play multiplayer it is for the fun of it (which is why I question myself and my love of CoD multiplayer...) and getting a group together for the sake of earning a trophy seems to be completely missing the point of not only having fun in multiplayer, but in trophies in general.

Personally, I think trophies should be someones personal gaming accomplishments on the PS3. When you boost for a trophy I think that isn't a legitimate way in earning that trophy because it obviously wasn't intended to be earned that way by the developers. I'd rather have no trophy at all than earn one by making a group specifically for it. I think some people care to much what others think about their trophy list and go out of their way to have a huge e-penis for having a high trophy or platinum count. Obviously this isn't true for all people of a high level or completion status, but I'd venture to say a lot of people earn trophies not for the personal satisfaction, but because they have to show their new plat off to the internet.

Regardless, I really couldn't care less if people boost in multiplayer just as long as it doesn't screw me while I'm trying to have a legetimate game.

Parker

• Like 2

I boost. its part of being a trophy hunter. you've bought the game (or borrowed it rented it what ever you have the game) play it normaly enjoy it and then IF you hunt trophies do what you have to do to get them. Living outside of the US its sometimes hard to get on servers and sometimes you have no choice. as long as you enjoy the game it doesn't matter how you get it done

if it's something stupid like some of the 120 awards in BFBC then yes I will boost it. Or if the online is a ghost town like Riddick and F.E.A.R. 2. Mostly I try to do legit for a while, but if it becomes apparent that I can't do it legit then I will boost it.

• 3 weeks later...