Opinions of DLC trophies on profiles?

Macross_Mark-1

Opinions of DLC trophies on profiles?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should DLC's trophies be added with a game or added when you buy the DLC?

• Yes! add them Automatically.
    • No! only if i buy the DLC.
  2. 2. Do you buy the DLC just to 100% complete the game?

• Yes! I am forced to.
    • No! i enjoy DLC's.

Hello Everyone!

I have wondered about this for quite a while now.. Do you think DLC trophies should be added with the games original trophies automatically?

I think it should be: if you own the DLC you should have the DLC trophies on your profile. if you don't own the DLC you shouldn't have the DLC trophies on your profile. Heck if that's their logic might as well have every game on everyone's profile, owned or not. yeah?

I'm looking at my profile and it's a bit of a let down I bought the game, I played the game, I platinum the game... but I'm not done it's not 100% completion. so? I have to spend a ridiculous amount just to make my profile enjoyable to look at, to make it something I am proud of!? I have seriously sat there and contemplated on buying the DLC's only to gain 100% completion. Honestly by the time I platinum a game I usually never want to see it again.

I'm not posting this to whine. just something to sit back and think about.

Edited by Macross_Mark-1
  • Like 1

Opinions on DLC trophies period: I generally am against them, if the DLC is free to everyone, then there's no excuse not to re-100% the game's list if you want the 100%, but otherwise if it costs money, it shouldn't bring down the ratio of players who didn't want to shell out more money on top of the cost of the game initially.

Opinions on DLC trophies on profiles: They should be there whether you have the DLC or not, as it is now. That is how it appears on the PSN, that is how it should be, simple. I hate stuff like this too, but that's how it is, and that's really the fairest way to do it for everyone across the board.

that shit made me laugh, kurisu. I think the rarity system is perfect. the way that DLC trophies are added is perfectly reasonable, I think it can be different but I didn't start this thread to change anything. i just thought it would be a cool topic and to hear other peoples opinions on the matter. :)

Edited by Macross_Mark-1
  • Like 1

If you get all the base game trophies you get a platinum, I don't feel you should get 100% as well if there are DLC packs for the game

You shouldn't be able to get a 100% on your profile without getting 100% of the trophies available in that game

• Like 2

DLC trophies should be shown on your profile, and you should not be able to get 100% on a game without completing them. That being said, 0% dlc packs (ones you haven't earned a trophy for) should not count against your unearned trophies and overall completion percentage on this site (same as 0% games in general).

Hello people thanks for all your input.
I did run a search before posting this. I did not see another topic like this, maybe you guys have been around for eons lol. I have not. Or maybe it's worded a different way, not sure.

I find it pretty interesting on the votes and actually pretty excited about the results! I found the responses quite enlightening. As well as peoples different views on the subject. It has changed my perception of my narrow mindedness of the "way things are" vs "how you want them to be". So maybe it will change others too. So I do thank everyone who actually contributed.

On a side note I thought forums were here to hear other people's opinions on a givin subject... No matter their views or opinions?(on the actual subject, not the subject itself) Am I wrong on this? Has their even ever been a poll?

To be fair I don't go around the forums complaining about topics I don't like instead I just don't contribute and move on.

Edited by Macross_Mark-1
  • Like 1

I don't want them there, although I understand that they are, and it doesn't bother. I only buy DLC if I want it, although I will play GOTY versions (e.g. from the local library) solely for trophies sometimes (case it point: I despise TWD: 400 Days, but I have played it twice solely for trophies, because I could simply check out the game from the library).

Of course they should be added.

No one is forced to go for all the trophies, or to spend the money to do so, but for those who do, the fun is in the pursuit of a 100%.

There is no shame in getting the platinum only and stopping there - but there is somethiing sleazy about trying to ignore the existence of dlc trophies with a "I got the reall 100%, I don't pay extra, blah blah blah" arguement.

Its dirty and it undermines the acheivements of those who do get the full 100%.

Some games have DLC that is much easier than the base game, and that can be seen as a cash-grab at trophy comletionists (I doubt here are enouh of hem for that to be true, but maybe...) but there are others where the Plat is easy, but the DLC much harder or more time consuming - (TLoU, Metro LL, Dishonoured etc etc)

• Like 1