An Epic Quest for Anyone: Let's Play Rocksmith (either)

Hemiak

That's a really good price. 

Now enjoy spending 100's of euros on DLC from all your favourite bands! xD

Just started with the queen song pack for 11€ xD then I have to add another 9€ for the songs from Rocksmith 1 and so on and on and on …

But in my opinion it's totally worth the money. It's really fun to practice new songs with this game.

Just played a gig in the game and got 600.000 points on the guitar route xD I need only like 11.500.000 more points to reach rank 11 :D 

• Like 2

Oh, Rocksmith 2014 is fun. Bought also another songpack, the "Prmius" pack. Those songs are a lot of fun on bass. Difficult, but awesome. 

Got also my first 3 trophies in this game (one was even UR. probably because it's a bass related one). I hate the fact, that I was able to achieve every rank trophy in the first game with bass except the last one for rank 11 -.- makes totally no sense and since I started rocksmith 2014 I don't really want to continue on the original one :X 

But well, I guess from time to time it's okay to go back to the original with guitar.

Edited by cybershark91

Okay, played a bit Rocksmith today (2 more gigs and I will probably hit Rank 9).

So far so good, but I somehow managed to cut myself on my guitar :X And I don't talk about a cut in the Finger here xD 

Not a good idea to try to catch the remote with the guitar on the lap without a strap …

IMG_1507.jpg

Okay, played a bit Rocksmith today (2 more gigs and I will probably hit Rank 9).

So far so good, but I somehow managed to cut myself on my guitar :X And I don't talk about a cut in the Finger here xD 

Not a good idea to try to catch the remote with the guitar on the lap without a strap …

IMG_1507.jpg

ouch. I've been majorly slacking but planning to get it started again tonight.
  • Like 1

Played about 45 minutes last night.

Decided I felt like earning a trophy, so I fired up Learn a Song and played Angela by Jarvis Crocker. I had all but one phrase maxed, so I just went into RR and took care if that. Then I played the song, got master mode activated, and ended with 102% mastery, earning a trophy for breaking the 100% mark for the first time. I'll hit SAM mode with this tonight.

Then I played Next Girl. . It was kinda dumb, but master mode didn't start triggering until the 2nd play, even though it was fully mastered already and I earned like 98.9% accuracy. Whatever, on the 2nd run I got like 103.5% mastery.

Played Blitz Bop, increased my mastery a bit, sitting right about 88% now. Song is tiring so I don't like to play it multiple times in a row. I just need to man up and finish this song off.

Also played My Generation on hard SA mode again. Got through, but it was ugly. It was very apparent I hadn't played the song in a couple weeks. I need to work it in LaS to reach 100% mastery, then do master SA mode.

I then played two new songs for a mission, I honestly couldn't tell you what they were, one was a terrible hard rock song, the other wasn't bad and I'll probably end up playing that again.

Then I got a mission to earn 75% accuracy on X-kid. Played the first section very poorly, but figured it out, so started over. Finished with 83% which was a surprise, and leveled another section or two. Reached 48% mastery which was perfect, as the game sent me a 'beat 50% mastery' mission. Played it again, 56%.

Then it was time to shut it down for the night. Felt good to get playing again.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

What exactly is SAM Mode? Haven't heard this yet.

And I managed to reach 15.000.000 points today. It could be, that I will reach the Rocksmith plat tomorrow if I have enough time to play 10 master events 3 songs each

Score Attack: Master difficulty. Only on 2014. Have to beat 15 songs in that mode, 20 on hard or better, 30 medium+, and 50 total on easy+

What songs are you using foe your master sets? I only played one, and it was Next Girl, Go With the Flow, High and Dry, and Satisfaction (chords) was able to get almost 800k points.

And awesome job BTW. Not many people can say they stuck with the game for the full ride. Early congrats.

Esit: Realized I was putting 'master SAM mode' which means I was either saying 'master score attack master mode' or 'master score attack mode mode' . Either way I apologize, and I won't let it happen again. :)

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

I did it, I fucking did it xD Rocksmith plat achieved. My most rare plat yet.

Score Attack: Master difficulty. Only on 2014. Have to beat 15 songs in that mode, 20 on hard or better, 30 medium+, and 50 total on easy+

What songs are you using foe your master sets? I only played one, and it was Next Girl, Go With the Flow, High and Dry, and Satisfaction (chords) was able to get almost 800k points.

And awesome job BTW. Not many people can say they stuck with the game for the full ride. Early congrats.

Esit: Realized I was putting 'master SAM mode' which means I was either saying 'master score attack master mode' or 'master score attack mode mode' . Either way I apologize, and I won't let it happen again. :)

Haven't tried score attack yet. 

My master set was always: "Go with the flow", "Next Girl" and "Song 2"

• Like 2

I did it, I fucking did it xD Rocksmith plat achieved. My most rare plat yet.

Haven't tried score attack yet. 

My master set was always: "Go with the flow", "Next Girl" and "Song 2"

Huge grats man. You're the first to earn the Plat during this event.

FYI, Go With Th3 Flow is completely different on 2014.

Thanks Hemiak :) It took me just around 2 years to finish this game ^^ But it was totally worth it. I'm playing bass for 12 years now, but never touched a guitar before :X so it was really interesting to get into it. Looking forward to keep jamming on Rocksmith 2014.

Could you pls update my data in your first post? :) would be cool.

Will totally test go with the flow on 2014. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if I could be added to the original post too, although since I'm on PC I don't know if I'm valid to be added ha

For a update on my profile

Rocksmith/Rocksmith 2014 (Steam/X1/PS4) Mostly Steam
Path: Guitar/Bass/Rhythm
Electric: Ibanez SA160FM

Bass: Ibanez GSR180
Intermediate, not super great, but can hold my own through most songs... Quite decent on bass, tend score around 85 - 97% on most songs on sightread.

Rocksmith Achievements 22/60 (worth going back and playing this? I moved on to RS2014 instantly, but I'm tempted to go back and try play through the "career" mode which I didn't do back in the day.

Rocksmith 2014 Achievements 18/47

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2016 at 10:47 AM, Storm said:

Wondering if I could be added to the original post too, although since I'm on PC I don't know if I'm valid to be added ha

If you're still interested I'll get you added in, sorry I somehow missed this post. 

On 11/13/2016 at 5:37 AM, cybershark91 said:

Hey guys, how are u all? Anyone still playing Rocksmith here? I play from time to time a bit Rocksmith 2014, but didn't make great progress so far. 

I probably have to change my setup as well. The lag is way to great with optical cable. 

I hadn't played in months, hurt my finger playing basketball and then just got side tracked with other stuff and kind of forgot about my guitar. :dunno:

Anyway I picked it up again about 2 weeks ago and have been getting some semi regular practice in. I downloaded a couple DLC songs to boost my enthusiasm and my wife's willingness to listen to me flailing. :D

Ive mostly been playing a few guitarcade games when I have missions and playing learn a song. I've recently cleared Ducks Redux, Gone Whalin' (this morning), and Return to Choredead. I've leveled a couple of the others up a bit and reached level 6 on Scale Warriors. 

One of the DLC songs is at 85% mastery, with another around 60%  I previously had two songs over 100% and I think I've cleared them both on SA master difficulty. 

RS is also stuck in a loop again. :( Every time I turn it on I get:

- reach 50% mastery on 2 songs

- Play 10 minutes in session etc. 

- Reach level X on Star Chords

So I have to enter the game, quit to the splash screen, and enter again for new missions. :shakefist:

If Noone cares anymore I'll just let this thing die in piece, but I'm personally going to really try to spend some more time learning to play in the coming months. 

Got several 30-45 min sessions in the last couple days. Mostly been working learn a song, with a little guitarcade and SA thrown in.  

Ive finally decided Blitzkrieg Bop needs to be finished so I've been hitting that regularly. I've got it at 93% mastery and I've cleared it on MSA (master score attack) with a gold rank. If the game would give me master phrases I'd be done, but I miss just enough notes here and there the game doesn't want to cooperate. :shakefist:

One of the DLC packs I downloaded was for Imagine Dragons, and I've been playing 'It's Time' which I really like. I'm at about 92% mastery, but I've already got the middle and end sections starting to dissappear so that's good. I just need to get faster and more accurate on the two picking sections and I'll be good to go. I could probably get through MSA now, but I'm not sure I could gold pick hard mode. :dunno: I'll keep working it until I'm more comfortable before starting SA.  

Leveled up a few more guitarcade games, with most of the unfinished ones being in the 4-6 range. I might need to switch to bass to do scale racer though. That one is level 10 and my best is still <4m points. Then again I haven't played it in 6 months so who knows. 

I'm pretty sure the 1 hour session mode trophy will be the very last thing I earn before the Plat because I still can't stand that feature. Plus, I'm not sure when I'll have a full hour to just sit down and play without a distraction. 

Had some really short sessions the last couple days, and about 1.5 hours this afternoon. I've knocked out a bunch of different missions the last several sessions, still under 214 though. Also earned two of the miscellaneous session mode trophies, though i still haven't done the 12 or 60 minute ones. :(

Got a mission to level up Ducks Redux which I have the trophy for already. The three games I played today I scored 20m, 32m, and 16m points. :D

Decided to give Angela by Jarvis Crocker a shot in score attack hard. Had a few yellow phrases but it seemed totally doable. Fired it up on master and nailed it first time... OK, so I passed with a bronze pick - two fully failed and two purple phrases. Good enough though. 

Fired up Blitzkrieg and the game finally gave me master mode. Ended with a 100.2% mastery. So that's 3 songs done on score attack master and 3 with over 100% mastery. 

Then I practiced Vaseline by STP and Ho Hey by The Lumineers until my wife got home from work. Holy cow I forgot how rough Vaseline is on my forearms. Song is really easy except for the solo, who knew. :dunno::D

@StrickenBiged   @Edunstar84

@skateak

Anybody else still playing? 

• Like 1

I picked the game up again recently and I am surprised, how many trophies I could get out of the way:

500 and 750 note streaks (Go with the Flow - QotSA)

100k points for Single Note (Flow, too)

100k points for Bass (I miss you - Incubus)

200k points in Master Mode (Flow, again :D)

4 Guitarcade-Game-Highscores

all Bronze Techniques on Guitar and Bass

I have a list of eight DLC songs that I am willing to buy soon, to get songs that I actually enjoy and hopefully can master :)

Oh man there are a lot of RS2014-DLC-songs I wish I could play here on old RS :(

The last remaining Guitarcade-Games are a bitch and so are two or three techniques, that I can't get gold. But I am actually able to get closer to the Platinum that I ever thought :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

I picked the game up again recently and I am surprised, how many trophies I could get out of the way:

The last remaining Guitarcade-Games are a bitch and so are two or three techniques, that I can't get gold. But I am actually able to get closer to the Platinum that I ever thought :)

Nice progress man. Yeah these games are tough, but they've got some really easy trophies too. 

I was able to gold all the tech challenges without too much trouble as a relative beginner. Just have to play them a couple times to level them up so you can reach the scores. Which Guitar are games do you have left? 

I pretty much dropped the original when I picked up 2014 for $10. I highly recommend it in almost every way, especially if you can drop an extra $10 to import the songs from the original. 

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Which Guitar are games do you have left? 

I highly recommend it in almost every way, especially if you can drop an extra $10 to import the songs from the original. 

The Guitarcade-Games I'm missing are: Scale Runner, Big Swing Baseball, Quick Pick Dash and Dawn of the Chordead. The last one should be doable, once I get better at familiarizing myself with all the different chords.

The last two Technique medals i need Gold in are: Palm Mutes and Bendings. I have trouble with the game registering everything properly. I'm bending the shit out of the strings, but the game only counts every second or third attempt.

Yeah, I do think about getting RS14 at some point - and if so, I be sure to import the older songs. (I guess it's Disc only and no self-bought-DLC, right?)

23 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

The Guitarcade-Games I'm missing are: Scale Runner, Big Swing Baseball, Quick Pick Dash and Dawn of the Chordead. The last one should be doable, once I get better at familiarizing myself with all the different chords.

The last two Technique medals i need Gold in are: Palm Mutes and Bendings. I have trouble with the game registering everything properly. I'm bending the shit out of the strings, but the game only counts every second or third attempt.

Yeah, I do think about getting RS14 at some point - and if so, I be sure to import the older songs. (I guess it's Disc only and no self-bought-DLC, right?)

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with bending certain strings and really having the game read it properly. I finally said F Big Swing baseball and used the pause trick to cheese the hell out of it because I was getting so frustrated. 

I dunno if DLC for the original gets imported over. I never bought any for the first game. Just know that you have to choose a different option if you're importing to the ps3 or ps4 version of 2014.  

• Like 1

Just got back into playing the game again. Changed it to the 2.0 version as I suspect I've lost some of the knowledge but am hoping muscle memory helps me pick it up again. I fooled around with several songs just to exercise my fingers a bit.

EDIT: I have 22/48 trophies now.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Just got back into playing the game again. Changed it to the 2.0 version as I suspect I've lost some of the knowledge but am hoping muscle memory helps me pick it up again. I fooled around with several songs just to exercise my fingers a bit.

EDIT: I have 22/48 trophies now.

Glad to hear you're getting back. The first time or two were pretty aimless for me too. Just wanted to get a feel for it and warm up the fingers. After that you have a better idea what you want to tackle. Good luck and hope you continue. 

17 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

Snip

I never asked. Did you want to be added into the OP and tracked? 

Got 45 min this morning. Played a couple songs for 50% mastery, great performance, and a 50 streak.

Played Knights of Cydonia by Muse which I really like, and worked on Use Somebody by Kings of Leon. Also played a Beatles song which didn't go particularly well. Edit: Also Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand and Song 2 by Blur. 

Then I leveled temple of the bends. I think I've made an intuitive leap with that game finally. Went from around 650k pts at level 5 to over 3 million points, just after hitting level 6. I feel like I might need to replace my G string :giggle: as I consistently have issues getting it to register properly. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1