1 hour auto kick for chat.

I'd rather it didn't return, I found it very annoying on the old chat. There are only usually 10-20 users anyway, including the idlers, so it isn't too hard to look through the list.

Edit: for those who weren't chat regulars in the old days, this kick feature promoted spam. The only ways to get the timer to reset were to switch between private chats, post something, or refresh the page. Many people simply posted ".", to which others would then post "..", "...", etc.

Oh, those were the days ;-;

Edited by madbuk

Bring it back. What is the point of joining the chat if you are going to stay afk?

Sometimes I go in to PM some people coz I don't have them on Skype or whatever and it's easier than tons of PM's. Also what comp said, sometimes I'm playing a game and check it every so often.

Sometimes I go in to PM some people coz I don't have them on Skype or whatever and it's easier than tons of PM's. Also what comp said, sometimes I'm playing a game and check it every so often.

Staying in private makes you considered as idle? Didn't know that. Comp raised a good point but because she is the chat mod, she can just read through the logs if she wants to. Maybe the afk settings could be changed slightly so it would only count afk who is not actually using the system and kick those?

Staying in private makes you considered as idle? Didn't know that. Comp raised a good point but because she is the chat mod, she can just read through the logs if she wants to. Maybe the afk settings could be changed slightly so it would only count afk who is not actually using the system and kick those?

If it doesn't, then i stand corrected. I could have sworn I'd heard someone say it does. But also the comp thing, about gaming. Or even just browsing other websites xD

If it doesn't, then i stand corrected. I could have sworn I'd heard someone say it does. But also the comp thing, about gaming. Or even just browsing other websites xD

I don't know if it does or not, don't stay in private much, you two might be right about that. What i meant was that if you spend a whole hour without changing to the chat tab, you are not really interested in talking, are you? What takes me back to my previous point, what is the point of joining a chat... If you do not chat? xD

• Like 1

I don't know if it does or not, don't stay in private much, you two might be right about that. What i meant was that if you spend a whole hour without changing to the chat tab, you are not really interested in talking, are you? What takes me back to my previous point, what is the point of joining a chat... If you do not chat? xD

But I am chatting, just not to the group, but to an individual. So I'm obviously still interested in chatting :P 

When chat switched over to the new version, we lost this feature.

I'd like to suggest the reinstating of it in order to promote more participation and keep the user list organized and tidy.

What are others' thoughts?

Why you like this?

• Like 1

But I am chatting, just not to the group, but to an individual. So I'm obviously still interested in chatting :P

Ek, i said that the chat afk should be tweaked to only kick people really away from the system. If you are in private, you are not the person in referring to, I'm referring to the people that goes to sleep or to school and leave the chat open. You shouldn't be kicked if you are talking in the chat because that would make you... Stop taking in the chat. Looks counterintuitive to me. xD

It's true an hour is a pretty long time to be idle, most online games'll kick ya after 15 mins. But, it's a gaming community, and I've noticed a bunch of people who seem to be gaming together, and using chat as a link between them all to co-ordinate. So can be out for periods of time coz they're playing.

There's no need for this if there isn't a cap of how many people can be in the chat. Even if there were a cap, I've never seen it reached. An idle kick doesn't motivate people to get involved. Striking up a good conversation might be a bit better for that.

• Like 3

Sorry eff, but every time I decide to pop into the chat when I'm afk and I see loads of other people afk, you're the only one who's counting the "yellow circles" then posting your count in chat, by the time it's posted it's changed, I see literally no point to getting the kick in because it'll fuck up your count further.

Bring it back. What is the point of joining the chat if you are going to stay afk?

Better yet,

What's the point of joining chat if you're going to disappear for a number of months anyway??

also: year 2 chat features irrelevant for year 1 chat content????

Edited by Lilly Brawl3r
  • Like 1

ummm, no. I don't want auto-kick again. Sometimes I leave the chat on and go for dinner or something, if someone highlighted me in a convo, I can see the message as soon as I get back. Auto-kicking would refresh the chat and sometimes, that message will get wiped off the screen, so no....

Besides, there are hardly 25-30 people in chat during peak hours, it doesn't get cluttered :dunno:

• Like 1

There's no need for this if there isn't a cap of how many people can be in the chat. Even if there were a cap, I've never seen it reached. An idle kick doesn't motivate people to get involved. Striking up a good conversation might be a bit better for that.

If there is a cap it'd have to be a fat ass one, remember the time Sly took down the forums and everyone piled into the chatbox automatically? Fun times :giggle:

• Like 1