Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth worth ?

Pros: New Characters, A shit ton of different Digimons from the original to Digimon Frontiers and some never seen in the anime series, multiplayer PVP, the difficulty ramps up pretty well. Every Digimon has a unique attack and set of animations for it.

Cons: Only Japanese audio (for some people that's a CON, others a Pro, but the lack of choice is annoying), the story is slow, the stupid stat ABI that makes you grind levels and evolution and de-evolution Digimon constantly

I picked it up because I like Digimon, Pokemon games, and turn base combat RPGs.

Edited by Radgeck
  • Like 2

My 2 cents on top of what everyone else has said. Coming from a big Digimon fan, I love the game as it is the only one of the current JRPG series to get localized. The story is a little cliche in my opinion, but there are tons of references/jokes to other series. Pokemon, Yokai Watch, Shin Meagmi Tensei, and even JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are referenced in the game. All in all, I got my moneys worth with around 80hrs of gameplay already. If you are a Digimon fan, Anime fan, or JRPG fan looking for something a little different to play, I say get it!

short answer: yes... esp if you are a fan of either Turn base RPG or fan of Digimon (of course more awesome news to you if you are a fan of both)

Pros

+Lots of characters to use in your party... 200+ of Digimons... lots of characters to pick to your party depending on strategy and taste...

+You don't need to be familiar with Digimon series to understand it's story... 

+Great Story... to the point I am hoping that it will have an anime/movie adaptation...

Cons

-some missions (esp the ones from Surverys/Investigation) are repetitive.

-like the usual JRPGs... grindy

-RNG based collectibles and trophies

Pros: New Characters, A shit ton of different Digimons from the original to Digimon Frontiers and some never seen in the anime series, multiplayer PVP, the difficulty ramps up pretty well. Every Digimon has a unique attack and set of animations for it.

Cons: Only Japanese audio (for some people that's a CON, others a Pro, but the lack of choice is annoying), the story is slow, the stupid stat ABI that makes you grind levels and evolution and de-evolution Digimon constantly

I picked it up because I like Digimon, Pokemon games, and turn base combat RPGs.

I noticed they have some Digimon up to Savers/Data Squad (Season 5).

I am a MASSIVE Digimon fan. I've seen the entire series many times. Never really played any of the older Digimon games.

I really want to get it, but it's $80 in Canada. Far too much even for me. If it drops to $50-$60 I'll definitely get it though. 

Edited by Valyrious

Im 6months-1year behind on what people mostly play these days, I'm possible by then this game will drop price. But cant wait! because I am hearing good things all around.