PS plus March 2016 predictions/wishlist ?

ahmedelebiary

I'm sure it was the PS3 one that was on plus and typically I had already bought it before that, and I don't have the Vita one on my downloads list and I would have added it if it was free.

Oh, that's right. PS3 version for EU plus in September 12: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/04/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-4th-september/(which is the one you have)

And Vita version for NA Plus in october 13: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/26/playstation-plus-machinarium-ps-vita-free-for-members/

They have both been on plus, just not at the same regions. My bad, having both for such a long time is really confusing.

• Like 1

Every month there's always someone with this really dense level of thinking.

So, let's just say for argument's sake, you automatically buy a one year subscription to PS+. It might be true, it might not. A lot of people do for various reasons. Anyway... you've already paid for the cost upfront. One month after paying for it, and you have a new wave of games readily available to download and play at your choice and leisure... how much do you pay to get these new games? Are you paying your average $4/month to gain access to them? Nope. They're marked as free. Thus, they are free.

You are paying for the subscription. Are you seriously gonna tell me if you have a Netflix subscription, you're not getting movies for free? It's the same fucking principle. You're "renting" to "own" the digital form of entertainment, and it's completely up to the customers discretion as to how much value it is worth.

If you're not playing any of your free games, sure, it's probably a poor way of throwing your money down the drain. But for other people, Plus isn't simply free games. I've saved thousands of dollars just from the PS+ sales alone. And I've only been a modern day playstation gamer for two years now. (By modern day, I mean PS3 and beyond. Not counting PS1 and PS2 because I switched to Xbox briefly.)

But every month we get the same slackjaw response.

FUCKEN INDIE GAMES. FUCKEN GIVE US $60 AAA TITLES. STOP GIVING US SHIT WE ALREADY HAVE. WE WANT KNACK AND KILLZONE, THE 10/10 GAMES OF THE CENTURY.

I am excited every month for PS+, just because the mystery of the mixed bag is always fun. But there's a 1% chance I'll actually play whatever the PS+ offering is, because I am MORE than happy to buy the games that I want. 

If people relied on their own wallet to buy the games they want rather than depending on PS+ to pull through like in its prime 2013 days, there wouldn't be any bitching. It's really that damn simple.

Buy the AAA titles you want, avoid the indies, and be happy when they hit Plus. 

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Firewatch will make EXCELLENT PS+ titles someday down the road.

So many people will be pissed when they hit Plus, because they buy it quickly. But an educated consumer realizes those are the shoe-in candidates for them eventually.

Whereas now, you can buy AAA PS4 titles with almost 100% security of not regretting it, since PS+ doesn't throw us any of those bones anymore. And frankly, I am all for it.

I feel like half of these points are conflicting with the other half.

What's your reasoning behind having almost 100% security on spending 60-65 bucks for a AAA PS4 game? that fact that you cant return it so you'd better like it? Or maybe you mean they all are so good so whats the harm? 

In terms of cost IGC doesn't really make up for its price tag with the way it stands. Whether you like the indie library or not. Would you rather spend for this example, 100 bucks over a year and get back things that can go for up to 10 dollars for the year or things that are priced at 60 dollars. Fanatic blind fanboyism aside IGC isn't all its cracked up to be. Not to say people shouldn't get + as it does pay for itself in plenty other ways. (Plus the fact that its pretty much needed to even really use the PS4)

Supporting the devs is all well and good as well. But Not everyone in the world can straight op buy EVERY SINGLE AAA game on launch. Even more so when you've been trophy hunting as long as i have. I've probably spent well over 15-20 thousand dollars on gaming in the past 7 years. Whether thats from buying 4 PS3s the like 700 games ive owned/own and the other consoles and controllers. Do you just have 20 grand lying around so you can justify the nonstop 5 dollar indie bulk IGC gives away to say that AAA is for buying and IndieGC is for renting? 

Not to start an arguement or end one as i don't "really" care what half the drivel is on this site. Just personally felt i've never seen someone so wrong and had to say something. Unless i misunderstood you're point entirely which i might have done as i spot read and that was alot to not read.

Edited by killerJAZZ420

Not to start an arguement or end one as i don't "really" care what half the drivel is on this site. Just personally felt i've never seen someone so wrong

You've literally never seen anyone so wrong? Ever? Also, why did you put "really" in quotes? Was it to get an effect like really? Or do you really care what half the drivel is on this site?  And speaking of, why do you fail to care only for half the drivel? Do you actually mean that you only care for half the stuff on this site, because the other half is drivel? Or do you differentiate between various drivel? Inquiring minds and all that...

Anyway, getting back to the thread itself, Galak-Z looks awesome. I don't know about Broforce (I'm not sure which one I voted for, anyway - I think that was the one, though).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1