Trophy Delays

themindisacity

When Heavy Rain came out on PS3, part of the experience was that trophies wouldn't pop until the loading screen for the next part of the game - whenever you switched characters/scenes.  Quantic Dream had to petition Sony to let them do that, and Sony allowed it.

I wonder if that'll be in effect in the PS4 remaster as well?

Well, most remasters seem to have the same trophy triggers, so it's probably gonna be the same. Your guess is as good as mine though.

Realistically, if they wanted the trophies to pop at a specific time, they could have just coded it that way, or changed the trophy description to something that worked better. 

How strange, why would Quantic Dream ask Sony this explicitly? I always though the delayed trophies were because the game only really 'decided' what the outcome of your actions would be when it summarised all events of a Chapter at its end. I see no reason why this wouldn't be in place for the Remaster again, however. 

How strange, why would Quantic Dream ask Sony this explicitly? I always though the delayed trophies were because the game only really 'decided' what the outcome of your actions would be when it summarised all events of a Chapter at its end. I see no reason why this wouldn't be in place for the Remaster again, however. 

I believe that the above is answered with the below:

I like that it did that. Made it more of a cinematic experience with no disruptions during gameplay. The tensions during loading screens was awesome.

For story purposes they want you fully immersed. Although satisfying every time i hear that chime, it would remove you from the experience when you hear  and see the grey tag on the top right corner of the screen.

Edited by stitchesnscars

I believe that the above is answered with the below:

For story purposes they want you fully immersed. Although satisfying every time i hear that chime, it would remove you from the experience when you hear  and see the grey tag on the top right corner of the screen.

yeah the thing with david cage is that he really cares about his stories, they can be good or bad depending on everyone's opinion but i like that he is really passionate with his work, and that's why he also kept the 30 fps for beyond so the "movie feel" will not get lost and didn't went for the 60 fps route.

• Like 1

I think it was good for dramatic purposes, that the trophies came in the loading screen on the PS3.

Just a bummer for all the lovers of the new PS4 automatic-trophy-screenshot feature. 57 black photos - hurray :D

but in the loading screens the faces of the characters appear i think, unless the trophy pops up just seconds before the game shows the character's face.

Yeah I've been having trophy delays lately with Heavy Rain Remastered, I've played through the prologue at least 10 times today and never got the 'Happy Birthday' bronze trophy. Anyone else having these problems?

Edit: Found a fix to 'Happy Birthday' trophy; Follow instructions in prologue and play up until scott shelbys first chapter. Trophies won't pop unless you reach the character loading screen.

Edited by DemonOutcast
  • Like 1

Yeah I've been having trophy delays lately with Heavy Rain Remastered, I've played through the prologue at least 10 times today and never got the 'Happy Birthday' bronze trophy. Anyone else having these problems?

yes, i did the prologue twice and it didn't unlock. Same problem with "interactive drama".

Guess what ? the two trophies unlocked after I finished the first chapter with Scott at the motel :S

Edited by Kylo_Ren87
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Found a way to force trophies to pop sooner. Once you've met the requirements of the trophy and reached an autosave point, you can quit the game and select "continue". This will go to the character face loading screen and pop the trophies even though you haven't finish the chapter yet and reached the next character face loading screen. Useful if you want to see if you've earned the trophy before finishing a chapter.

Edited by LeetWolf2