Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - Thoughts/ Discussion

As you know Call of Duty IW trailer was released what are peoples thoughts? 

My thought is that I would have preferred a Ghosts 2 (as I want to know what happened after the ending) futuristic call of duty's has become exhausted. But I suppose if futuristic is going to be done right or a lot better infinity ward might be the ones to do it. 

As I've always said, Treyarch should stick to older style, Infinity Ward should stick to modern times and Sledgehammer should stick to futuristic 

(Also not sure I'm in the right forum thread for this so sorry about that) 

• Like 1

I think it looks OK. Something I can see myself getting someday but for a cheaper price. As much as I enjoy COD games, they will never please me as much as they used to. If you compare how much time I've spent on the older COD's (W@W, MW2, MW3, Black Ops 1) with the latest COD's (Black Ops 3, Advanced Warfare, Ghosts) you will see a significant difference. I can't say they've lost my attention completely quite yet, but I am nearing that point where I think I will want to see something completely different and for COD to take a break.  

Edited by JB_Swag_Doctor73

I probably wont be buying this since im gonna get the mw trilogy. All i can say is meh in this game. This space battles thing is for star wars only but heck if it get a least of my interest i might. I just hope they dont go infinity and beyond on what theyre doing..

Have they confirmed they are doing a MW Trilogy remastered?

• Like 1

I hate this idea vey much. This futuristic garbage is so annoying. I liked Ghosts because it wasn't that trash. I also like Infected and Extinction. Ghosts 2 is a much better idea. I didn't like BO2 or BO3 and hated AW for being futuristic piles of trash. I hope this isn't futuristic. I didn't buy BO3 and I'm not buying another Halo/Destiny turd either. (Sorry for being salty I just mad that Ghosts isn't happening)

I think the best thing about this is that it includes Modern Warfare remastered. That's like, it. The trailer was cool I guess, Major Tom cover was sweet, I mean, it looked cool, as a debut from another series I'd give it a go, but as a Call of Duty game I know the formula.

Release a cool trailer with a cool song, some cool shots, then release the same game as last year with enough improvements to justify it, yet not enough to justify me moving on from Ghosts on Wii U. Hell, I was playing Modern Warfare 3 on the original Wii last night and it's more entertaining.

Here's my position, and many others have said it before: I'm pretty pissed that Modern Warfare Remastered is not separate from any Infinite Warfare bundle. I could probably give less of a shit towards Infinite Warfare, as it's probably another lousy space opera, like Halo before it. But, that doesn't change the fact that Activision are only doing this to boost their numbers and possibly increase their sales, because everybody will want to play Modern Warfare on the next generation of consoles. By doing this, they might also not allow Call of Duty 4 to be backwards compatible on the Xbox One, which, if it was backwards compatible, would lose them sales with the remastered version coming out later this year. People will still pay for this bullshit to get Modern Warfare Remastered, and company executives win because they say that Infinite Warfare was a success. If this goes well for them, they could make a trilogy out of the damn Infinite Warfare saga and have Modern Warfare 2 and 3 come with each subsequent version of the series, giving the chance to make even more money. They might even start doing this with the original two Black Ops games as well. All in all, it's a steaming pile of shady horseshit in order to boost sales, and people need to be more aware of the situation. 

Also, Infinite Warfare has jetpacks and looks like Titanfall, or the other COD's before it. End of discussion. 

Edited by icameron625
  • Like 2

Official? No. I only know bout the leaked listing at amazon uk. If it turns out fake, im gonna spend alot of money just to play Modern Warfare..

Unfortunately I don't think there is going to be a trilogy remaster. It looks like the only one remastered is CoD 4 and so far the only way to get it is to purchase Infinite Warfare. 

Parker

Call of Duty is available for pre-order in the PSN store in 3 versions:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare/cid=STORE-MSF75508-COD_IW7

All with 1.000 CoD Points for BO3.

Normal version.

Digital Deluxe with CoD Modern Warfare Remastered, Season Pass and Theme for the PS4.

Legacy Edition with CoD Modern Warfare Remastered and Theme for PS4.

It's Meh. Basically Advanced Warfare x2 with a different title. Personally, I'm just getting it because Modern Warfare remastered will be included in the limited edition :D

I'll probably plat Infinite Warfare then move on, I haven't even started BLOPS III yet (only for PST game nights).

Will wait for the actual reason to buy Call of Duty to be released stand alone.

Already confirmed the remaster isn't getting a stand alone release.  
Edited by Combatting