Crushing/Speedrun warning!

If like me you were thinking about doing the speedrun and crushing in the same run you better stop while you're ahead.

I just finished the game with a time of 5:58:36 (close but still within the 6 hour range) and it popped all the difficulty related trophies but not the speedrun trophy, it's not that I mind doing it again, it's just that if I'd known I'd probably have gotten all the collectibles in this run

• Like 1

The only thing I can think of is that maybe that isn't your actual play time.

Example:

Vanquish tracks how long it takes you to complete each mission. But if you die and back out + continue, the mission timer doesn't reflect that "lost" time. Maybe the game keeps track of something like that separately. Again, I'm just spit balling here.

• Like 1

Do a new game on Explorer, infinite ammo, and auto aim,, skip all cutscene.. you will be done in about 4 hours! problem solved.

damn that time on crushing.. i had alot of problem along the way so for me it took 19 hours to finish on crushing, can be that it was my first run on the game :P

Edited by RobbbarN

Do a new game on Explorer, infinite ammo, and auto aim,, skip all cutscene.. you will be done in about 4 hours! problem solved.

damn that time on crushing.. i had alot of problem along the way so for me it took 19 hours to finish on crushing, can be that it was my first run on the game :P

Wait, is crushing unlocked from the beginning?

I'm going through crushing now and getting collectibles. Also trying to do the speed run but if I don't get it I have no problem with that. Just thought I'd go for all 3. I played the game normally once on Moderate and it took me like 12 hours I think. Right now I've done first 4 chapters (probably some of the fastest chapters) in 43 minutes my save file says. We'll see how I do. I'll come back here and let you guys know when I get it done to see what happened.

• Like 1

Did you start on Crushing by default? Or as a 2nd playthrough and picked to keep your stats? Maybe that has something to do with it... if you keep your stats you'll start with the "time played" from your last run.

• Like 1

Did you start on Crushing by default? Or as a 2nd playthrough and picked to keep your stats? Maybe that has something to do with it... if you keep your stats you'll start with the "time played" from your last run.

I actually don't know, I think I kept the stats but the timer started from 0 either way, did yours start from the other playthrough time? Cuz that would put me at 18 hours and 56 minutes  :lol:

I did the crushing and speedrun in same run. Both trophies popped without problem. And the time was 5hour59min51sec xD

image.jpg

Did you keep the stats at the beginning? this might actually be what I did wrong, but damn you really cut it close xD

I actually don't know, I think I kept the stats but the timer started from 0 either way, did yours start from the other playthrough time? Cuz that would put me at 18 hours and 56 minutes  :lol:

Did you keep the stats at the beginning? this might actually be what I did wrong, but damn you really cut it close xD

I started Crushing just a few mins ago and chose to keep my stats and it showed i had 10 hours of gameplay time, so i went back to the main menu and started a new Crushing run without the stats and it showed 0:00 time played. I'm just speculating though, i don't think it should matter, just to keep it safe i continued on my 0:00 time save file. :D

Okay? I don't understand that cos I could not select Crushing when I started the game. It was greyed out so I figured I had to do it on hard first

It is grayed out, but you can still select it and it will say "Are you sure?", it may be a mistake & patched later on.

I got the speedrun trophy and the crushing trophy (and the accuracy trophy) at the same time. So yeah. Check my timestamps if you want. It must be a glitch to you only. Oh and yes I kept the stats from my other run.

Edited by Gimmy Savile

I hate that the speedrun trophy is required for the platinum in this game. It completely killed all hope I had for earning the platinum because I have a terrible memory when it comes to puzzles and alternate paths.

Apparently there's a glitch for the speed run trophy where you only have to play the prologue and epilogue to get it. I haven't tested it out myself so not sure if it's legit or not.

I'm sure Naughty Dog will want to get it patched as soon as possible.

Edited by CL5INT0N2
  • Like 1

I got the speedrun trophy and the crushing trophy (and the accuracy trophy) at the same time. So yeah. Check my timestamps if you want. It must be a glitch to you only. Oh and yes I kept the stats from my other run.

That settles it then, it glitched on me

I started Crushing just a few mins ago and chose to keep my stats and it showed i had 10 hours of gameplay time, so i went back to the main menu and started a new Crushing run without the stats and it showed 0:00 time played. I'm just speculating though, i don't think it should matter, just to keep it safe i continued on my 0:00 time save file. :D

It is grayed out, but you can still select it and it will say "Are you sure?", it may be a mistake & patched later on.

That's weird though, I think I kept my stats but the timer started from 0, and Gimmy got the trophy with the stats so I guess it just glitched on me

The speed run exploit worked for me! Got these steps from user "HeeboHammer" on PlaystationTrophies.org. If your first play through wasn't on Moderate though you may run into issues for some reason. Report back here if you do get it to work where your first play through wasn't on Moderate

• Beat the game on Moderate earlier today
  • Started a new game on Moderate, carried everything over but made a new save
  • Played through the Prologue
  • Quit to the Main Menu, went to chapter select, and chose the Epilogue, then overwrote the NEW SAVE I JUST CREATED IN STEP 2 ABOVE
  • Trophy popped once I hit the credits (you can skip all cinematic to speed up time)
Edited by ClarkZuckerberg

I tried 2 of those and neither worked, I figured since I did it legit I deserved the trophy but since not even the exploits work for me I'll just wait until I feel like speedrunning it again because not getting the trophy really made me lose interest in the game

hey i was wondering about this one i just did my speedrun on explorer to breeze through it in 4 hours and was going for the sharpshooter trophy but it didn't pop. already on chapter 2-3 it said i had accuracy of 37% from my previous playthrough (getting the run n gunner) so i didn't get the sharpshooter even though i 1 shot killed pretty much everyone with the barok .44.

i wasn't sure if it's because i kept my stats and if i should reset them for my crushing run just to be sure to nail the sharpshooter. I love the game but played through it 3-4 times already :D

Tried like 10 times with no luck... but then...

There is two types of save. your gamedata and the second one is your profile... i did a backup on both them to a USB... removed proflie and left that other one.

When you delete "Profile" your treasures you had found will be 0. Keep in mind to do a back up of it before moving to the next step.

When this is done.. i plugged out network

- Start a new game, keep all your stats and stuff (choose yes)

Select a different difficulty (I did my first run on Crushing, now on moderate)

Select a NEW save file, keep your old one.

Play the game until you reach chapter 1, then quit to the menu, And restart the game

Choose Chapter Select and play the Epilogue.

Hope this works for you guys.. 

For the 70% Accuracy trophy.. me was at 0% in the Epilogue, when you skip all the chapters.. this way will it not work onless you play the chapter before Epilouge and continue to the end from there ;) 

Edited by RobbbarN

Wait a minute.. you mean crushing is that easy that we can do speedrun and 70 % accuracy at the same time? Omg!

Thats what people are doing yes. The auto lock on, and tweeks make crushing a joke basically. And I can't see crushing been hard anyway, its never been that hard in Uncharted bar one or two sections per game.

Speed run is easy mode on easy anyway, regret not doing it on crushing (or knowing about this easy method) but now I can twat about and clean up final bits on my crushing run.  Good glitch while its up for those that hate speed runs. But I don't mind playing through this game a few times  :P

The 70% hit trophy I did first run. Like I said..auto hit makes it stupidly easy I dunno how people are missing it tbh. 

Edited by VitalFury