The End

CyberC-2

I don't know why I am writing this or if it has any real purpose but I am. This is not a flame war or anything so chill and it is only off topic obviously. 

I finished school today, I mean completely... well I have to come in for the exams but that is not the same. I am never ever going to have a full day of lessons and I am never ever going to sit in those desks again begging to be at home... it feels weird, I hated school on every possible level. I still feel weird through, I guess I feel like a huge part of me is gone. Being there every day for 6 hours per day does something to you, since I was little school was a place that we were told protects us, cares about us in a way (let's be honest if you told a teacher your mom abused you, they would do something) and a place that has the responsibility to care for you... now that I finished school I feel like it is gone. I feel like... I am not part of that community anymore, I am just a outside memory... I am nothing but a object that observes what is happening. It is saddening and it is hard to describe my feelings for this.

The worst is the people I will never see in that way again... as I said I hated school but it taught me one thing, how much people change, how much people communicate just to get across a message and how people can team up. I remember as a kid the little fights were we would trip over a teacher, sure it was horrible of us... but there was teamwork in it, we all understood eachother in a way. We all shared a common purpose. Now... I can feel that I am alone way more in life, without any kind of ''protection'' from school or people that I seen everyday. I know that work is different, you communicate but it is not the same, ofc it can be on many levels but often it also is not.. people have different purposes and the huge understanding between eachother is gone.

As I walked into my usual building today I seen my friend run down the stairs with a marker, guess what I never knew there was a tradition of writing on your shirts... but oh well right, I used a brand new shirt. There were many people signing me, people I never thought considered me a friend... and one friend which I felt a bit emotional about as she wrote a Life Is Strange inspired quote saying ''Partners in crime'' and her phone number on the sleeve. I also had one person write on my shirt ''We share a lot of common hate for fucking ms conway'' which was great, 

I am not writing this to have some pity or shit, I am more of letting out my emotions because I believe that after all these years... the people that were my friends deserve some kind of recognision, I can also say that one of my better friends wrote ''CHINA'' on my collar and sleeve due to our long lasting friendship with Donald Trump's china remix. I did not attend graduation because of the tradition with huge dresses etc... and since it is not me, I felt uncomfortable with attending but from home while they are partying... 

I want to thank all those good friends for being there for me therefore.. thank you. 

• Like 2

There's a lot of people you will definitely never see again once High School is over.  I in fact never see anyone now from mines.. (not that it bothers me though.. a lot of people from my High School were annoying for the most part).  If it's any kind of idea.. you could always try and arrange meet ups with your better friends from High School.

To probably make your life not seem so empty.. maybe consider College, I liked it better than High School.. plus it's always better to get more qualifications before putting yourself out into the workplace environment (extremely tough right now in UK, you better off sticking in education before you jump into it).

It seems like the end for now, but high school is just a small part of your life. 

And you don't have to be worried about losing contact with anyone from your high school now. With the amount of social networking services available, it's easy to keep in touch.

Wouldn't it be better to put this on Facebook or something so the people you're talking about could actually see this? :P

I do not own Facebook as I am not a fan of social media sorry. I don't feel comfortable with owning a Facebook account personally and do not like the idea of the website therefore I do not want to force myself to do something I feel uncomfortable with. 

It seems like the end for now, but high school is just a small part of your life. 

And you don't have to be worried about losing contact with anyone from your high school now. With the amount of social networking services available, it's easy to keep in touch.

As I said I am not really a fan of social media through. So it is the end tbh lol.

There's a lot of people you will definitely never see again once High School is over.  I in fact never see anyone now from mines.. (not that it bothers me though.. a lot of people from my High School were annoying for the most part).  If it's any kind of idea.. you could always try and arrange meet ups with your better friends from High School.

To probably make your life not seem so empty.. maybe consider College, I liked it better than High School.. plus it's always better to get more qualifications before putting yourself out into the workplace environment (extremely tough right now in UK, you better off sticking in education before you jump into it).

I am already applied to a college lol

Edited by CyberC-2

I am already applied to a college lol

Oh.  Okay then.  I thought when you said life feels empty etc that you weren't planning to.  College is really not that much different from High School.. if anything it's less strict etc.  The teachers have a "Don't care" attitude for when it comes to jokers etc but other than that it's pretty much the same (except you're in a subject you wanted to be in all the time).

Maybe if you're lucky, some of your friends from High School might be going to the same College as you.  I was one of the only ones out of my year to go onto College. xD

Edited by DEMON

I do not own Facebook as I am not a fan of social media sorry. I don't feel comfortable with owning a Facebook account personally and do not like the idea of the website therefore I do not want to force myself to do something I feel uncomfortable with.

But... Akira has you on two accounts on facebook?

I'm on the same boat, I always hated school. I used to skip classes all the time praying for it to end.

But now that I'm about to finish my last year in school I feel weird and empty. 

You'll still be able to keep in touch with them if you really want to. Hopefully, you'll feel better after going to college.

College is significantly better than high school. If you go to a local college, you'll probably see a lot of familiar faces there, too. In a few years you probably won't even remember the things you liked about high school, since college life is so much better.

Though I do miss how I had soooooo much more time to play games when I was in high school...

But... Akira has you on two accounts on facebook?

I barely go online and I don't post anything on Facebook anymore, I used to force myself to do it but it doesn't work anymore. So I only use the messenger to talk to him when he decides to message me nothing more. I uninstalled Facebook on my phone and I just have the messenger app. 

Highschool is  minuscule in the grand scheme of things. What you do now, defines who you will become. Not where you went to school.

lol xD

I'm on the same boat, I always hated school. I used to skip classes all the time praying for it to end.

But now that I'm about to finish my last year in school I feel weird and empty. 

You'll still be able to keep in touch with them if you really want to. Hopefully, you'll feel better after going to college.

Glad to see someone feels the same way as me :P 

Oh.  Okay then.  I thought when you said life feels empty etc that you weren't planning to.  College is really not that much different from High School.. if anything it's less strict etc.  The teachers have a "Don't care" attitude for when it comes to jokers etc but other than that it's pretty much the same (except you're in a subject you wanted to be in all the time).

Maybe if you're lucky, some of your friends from High School might be going to the same College as you.  I was one of the only ones out of my year to go onto College. xD

I heard some people from my school are going to that college but I hate them all... xD the friends I liked are staying in my old school for further studies. 

College is significantly better than high school. If you go to a local college, you'll probably see a lot of familiar faces there, too. In a few years you probably won't even remember the things you liked about high school, since college life is so much better.

Though I do miss how I had soooooo much more time to play games when I was in high school...

Thanks I hope so tooxD

I felt the same way with the only few friends I made in High School. I knew I would probably never see them again, but I like to think I might hear from them at some point. Then I usually remember why I didn't like it, and I'm glad I don't have to even look at or hear about the annoying ones or people I just didn't really like again. Occasionally I do see someone I recognize, but I have no idea if they even recognize me. Despite all of it though, I have a reoccurring dream where it's the last day of High School again, but something different happens each time. I wonder if that means I secretly do miss it deep down or if there was something I feel like I didn't do on the last day.

• Like 1

You can't expect a high school level education to teach you anything useful -- especially paragraphs.

Then what is the point of going to school? I think if more students challenged their teachers maybe the education system wouldn't in so much trouble.

I saw a posting for ANYONE with a university degree could apply to be a teacher in Hawaii next year. That means if you graduated with a degree in Hair Styling you would be qualified to teach school in Hawaii. Take some pride.

Then what is the point of going to school? I think if more students challenged their teachers maybe the education system wouldn't in so much trouble.

I saw a posting for ANYONE with a university degree could apply to be a teacher in Hawaii next year. That means if you graduated with a degree in Hair Styling you would be qualified to teach school in Hawaii. Take some pride.

I will defend the education system...slightly. An accredited University gives out four-year baccalaureate degrees. Cosmotology schools ("hair styling") typically grant you a license to practice. Other two-year schools award associate's degrees, which wouldn't qualify you to teach in Hawaii.

But yes, if you went to a four-year school, graduated, and your major was Leisure Studies - yes, you could be qualified to teach in Hawaii. Come to think of it, I can't think of a better major to put to good use in Hawaii than Leisure Studies.

I will defend the education system...slightly. An accredited University gives out four-year baccalaureate degrees. Cosmotology schools ("hair styling") typically grant you a license to practice. Other two-year schools award associate's degrees, which wouldn't qualify you to teach in Hawaii.

But yes, if you went to a four-year school, graduated, and your major was Leisure Studies - yes, you could be qualified to teach in Hawaii. Come to think of it, I can't think of a better major to put to good use in Hawaii than Leisure Studies.

Haha, I suspect that everyone who majors in Leisure Studies ends up in Hawaii eventually. They wouldn't be experts in their field if they didn't visit Hawaii.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you hated high school, then hopefully you won't completely hate college. Especially considering 80% of what you learn/do there seems to be for shits and giggles. It really just teaches a person to be a self-sustained responsible adult (which is laughable if you see some of the graduates, but that's for another day). I dropped out of college twice, so it was definitely not for me. Maybe you'll have better luck.

You don't need a college degree to make something out of yourself. However, it definitely helps. The alternative usually requires eating slightly more shit and having to work just a little bit harder.