What if... Sony would take away trophies. (Scenario)

CyberC-2

If trophies disappeared, I would:

- sell off a bunch of physical discs I haven’t played (bought for platinums)

- cancel PS+ (not a fan of online games)
- not play as many games

- play a lot less

- cry about all the $ wasted on sh!tty digital games (for easy platinums)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One very important thing that I've noticed is that trophies have made me much less sociable as a whole. I used to go out to my friend's places and stay for the weekends, and play videogames almost non-stop until I left there. This all changed drastically as time went by. Over the years trophies, games, have made me a real couch potato. Even though I don't look like a potato, I sure as hell feel like one. If trophies went bye-bye forever, I would try and revert back to going out a lot more, and playing couch co-op with my buddies. It was so much better back then, for me personally. And this isn't all that long ago. We would eat pizza, drink a bit, play videogames, go to the movies, have real fun, and talk crap about everything. I miss those times. And all of this would happen again if trophies disappeared.

What's to stop me doing that now? I have no idea TBPH. But I really do miss the old days. Trophies have changed the face of modern day gaming much more than most people would admit. I guess if trophies disappeared for good, I would just play a handful of my all time favorites. I only ever play one online/mp game, unless it's for trophies. Old school gaming was the thing, not spamming trophies just for the sake of it. But here I am the biggest hypocrite ever. I spam trophies like there's tomorrow. I must give a big shout out of respect to all of those gamers that continue to maintain their self integrity by still playing what they want to and not be inadvertently governed by trophy hunting as it's sole purpose. Trophy hunting is a great hobby, but it's become the driving force in modern day gaming.

Welcome to 2024 - year of the trophy/platinum 😎

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

-Cancel PS Plus (even the Essentials Tier)

-Start playing all multiplats on Xbox (I would need to get a Series X, only have a 360). 

Pretty much I would spend far less time and money on PlayStation. I'd prefer an ecosystem with achievements as my primary way to play. 

• Like 1