Your Next Game - The Lottery 5 (event closed)

If one can just finish the single player storyline and invest a day or two into multiplayer (assuming a game has one or the other) that's a righteous attempt. That should be the absolute minimum participation in the event. People that don't play or only barely dabble into a game shouldn't participate. 

• Like 3

Seriously guys? I'm gone all day, turn on my phone... 4 notifications, none from here. Wtf are you guys doing?

What's your excuse Mr. Honorary Member of the Lottery?

lol I thought the same thing. Was actually seeing how long it could go without a peep. :ninja:

After getting home on Friday, I went to bed at 5:00pm and slept right through until 7:00am this morning, so woohoo for 14 hours sleep and such. :D

I've been running around, blowing up Nazi stuff in The Saboteur, for most of the day, pigging out on party mix and sucking back water, coffee and apple juice like crazy. Trophies are slow coming, but meh. :dunno:

14 hours? sleep? I used to sleep in... Then I took a baby to the knee...

It could mean people are quietly playing their games and earning trophies....after all, I noticed someone has completed their game today (but I won't steal their thunder for when they post) ^_^

I was going to play AC Syndicate today and finish up the DLC, but feel rubbish so have been messing around on ARK.

I'd heard some good things about The Saboteur, hope you're enjoying it :)

#hairswish

I think I have The Saboteur lyingaround here somewhere for 360.

Would you recommend to play it?

In the meantime I'm nearly finished with UC2 story wise.

<insert Jaws theme song>

Going out on a limb, but I'm guessing it wasn't Clawz finishing Razing Storm?  :P

Or was it?

You might be wondering where I've been. (Who am I kidding?)

Basically, I've been revising a lot for my exams, which have been.. OK - not as well as I'd hoped, though.

I have 3 exams left, and I break up from school on the 24th.

Anyway, with the spare time I've had I've been either boosting Razing Storm or attempting the Arcade (2820000/3000000)

As soon as I've finished with Arcade and MP (they're both tied to online and I'm scared of server closure), I'll start FFX-HD.

Scrub, nothing is more important than Razing Storm! NOTHING! :awesome:  Oh and git gud etc.

Personally, I've felt like it's been dragging on for a week or so. After you and Markus got your platinums, it just seemed to die right down.

P.S. AC Syndicate. Nice. :pimp:

Aka nobody else matters, FDG so mean #blacklivesmatter

Nooo the last week! But all I did on Saturday was play Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! I didn't do anything productive! I keep playing other games and not The Witcher! 

I am a horrible human bean, and deserve nothing but coals and trash for Christmas this year  :(

Maybe if I do this event again I'll be better, cause I think Joe wanted me to play a Souls game.

I think everyone who has read this thread wants you to play a Souls game. :awesome:

If one can just finish the single player storyline and invest a day or two into multiplayer (assuming a game has one or the other) that's a righteous attempt. That should be the absolute minimum participation in the event. People that don't play or only barely dabble into a game shouldn't participate.

Either that or an epic quest to obtain the game that spans the whole event involving at least 2 of the following: Ninjas, Pirates, evil British people, globetrotting adventure, other non-British evil person

• Like 2

Either that or an epic quest to obtain the game that spans the whole event involving at least 2 of the following: Ninjas, Pirates, evil British people, globetrotting adventure, other non-British evil person

Or maybe banned from future participation until they've platinumed said game lol

A Lost Update 5.0  (Sword Art Online:  Lost Song)

So I finally platinumed SAO:  Lost Song.  Once I finished Asuna's OSS ;) I went hunting for the legendary sword Excalibur (this isn't King Arthur but whatever).  I finally defeated the evil boss that has super fast health regeneration using Sumeragi, Kirito, and Rain and just used Sumeragi's OSS and mana potions to continue spamming until she died.  I was doubly lucky in that the first time I finally downed that damn boss she dropped Excalibur.  At this point the only thing I had left to do was complete 100 Extra/Multiplayer Quests.  I had completed at least 10 during the course of the story (most of the EQs don't unlock until post game or I would have done more) and so I girded my loins and prepared myself for a relatively quick albeit boring grind of constantly doing the first EQ (level 150 boss dragon) which dies in 1 OSS and takes about 90 seconds of which 80 seconds are accepting the quest, loading the quest, flying at said boss, then after defeating the boss, completing the quest (yes this is an actual step, I have to talk to the quest person to complete it), then accepting the questing again.  After doing this about 30 times (~40/100) I was extremely bored so I decided to try some of the other available EQs and much to my chagrin found that while some of the were easy (not all of them) almost all of them took an exorbitant amount of time.  In most cases I would have to run through a dungeon (pressing switches and killing enemies to unlock doors) then fight a boss or multiple bosses) then go to the next floor (no returning to town allowed) and repeat the process 3-4 four times before finally facing the boss or bosses of that EQ who were at the minimum level 900 and at the max I remember seeing 1.500.  

Overall the game wasn't bad (maybe more interesting if you're into the anime it is based upon) and I really enjoyed the fact that none of the trophies were missable (extremely surprising in any RPG) and that no NG+ was required.  Combat at times was interesting and challenging enough in most parts of the game that it didn't feel like I could sleep through it but also didn't feel like it was unreasonably stacking the odds against me (there were a few exceptions to this rule though).  

Platinum #25.  Enjoyment:  4/5.  Difficulty:  3/5

Woo, congrats on the platinum ^_^

• Like 1

Woo, congrats on the platinum ^_^

Thanks  B)  #hairswish

Well done Joe.  I never felt you earned the swish until now.  

Note to self: I have yet to post a swish  :(.  I am currently playing Dead Space 2 on hardcore, I feel a swish maybe earned if I beat it.

Wow, shots fired.   :(

Should probably check again. ;)

Hacked  :lol:  :devil:

I did forget to mention in my original post all the "Illuminati confirmed" stuff:  5th update in the 5th lottery for my 25th platinum for trophy level 15.  :devil:

Edited by Quikdrawjoe
  • Like 4

A Lost Update 5.0  (Sword Art Online:  Lost Song)

So I finally platinumed SAO:  Lost Song.  Once I finished Asuna's OSS ;) I went hunting for the legendary sword Excalibur (this isn't King Arthur but whatever).  I finally defeated the evil boss that has super fast health regeneration using Sumeragi, Kirito, and Rain and just used Sumeragi's OSS and mana potions to continue spamming until she died.  I was doubly lucky in that the first time I finally downed that damn boss she dropped Excalibur.  At this point the only thing I had left to do was complete 100 Extra/Multiplayer Quests.  I had completed at least 10 during the course of the story (most of the EQs don't unlock until post game or I would have done more) and so I girded my loins and prepared myself for a relatively quick albeit boring grind of constantly doing the first EQ (level 150 boss dragon) which dies in 1 OSS and takes about 90 seconds of which 80 seconds are accepting the quest, loading the quest, flying at said boss, then after defeating the boss, completing the quest (yes this is an actual step, I have to talk to the quest person to complete it), then accepting the questing again.  After doing this about 30 times (~40/100) I was extremely bored so I decided to try some of the other available EQs and much to my chagrin found that while some of the were easy (not all of them) almost all of them took an exorbitant amount of time.  In most cases I would have to run through a dungeon (pressing switches and killing enemies to unlock doors) then fight a boss or multiple bosses) then go to the next floor (no returning to town allowed) and repeat the process 3-4 four times before finally facing the boss or bosses of that EQ who were at the minimum level 900 and at the max I remember seeing 1.500.  

Overall the game wasn't bad (maybe more interesting if you're into the anime it is based upon) and I really enjoyed the fact that none of the trophies were missable (extremely surprising in any RPG) and that no NG+ was required.  Combat at times was interesting and challenging enough in most parts of the game that it didn't feel like I could sleep through it but also didn't feel like it was unreasonably stacking the odds against me (there were a few exceptions to this rule though).  

Platinum #25.  Enjoyment:  4/5.  Difficulty:  3/5

Congrats on the :platinum:

I may end up playing SAO myselfe when it's a bit cheaper.

I admit my defeat but I at least finished the story of UC 2 and got 21/45 trophies for the platinum and 22/53 for 100%

• Like 2

What's your excuse Mr. Honorary Member of the Lottery?  14 hours? sleep? I used to sleep in... Then I took a baby to the knee...  

I realize the 2nd part of this quote wasn't directed at me, but it fits pretty well for me so I left it in.

Well, I was up at 545am on Saturday because, you know, kids. It was the divisional swim championship and some joker thought it was a good idea to vote me in as the division representative (more of a "better you than me" situation) so I was pretty much doing stuff the entire 8 hour meet, including spending 2/3 sessions as referee.

On the plus side, my daughter brought home 3 golds and a bronze. #dadflex One more week for the end of season invitational and we're done for the year. Phew.

Btw: grats in the plat man.

Not that it matters, but I've been working through Nier, after a 3 year hiatus, and I'm almost to the end of the story. I think I'll just eek in under the 15 hour speed run time. Then the fun begins.

• Like 4

As a parent has there ever been a time where there's another kid you just hate with an adult hatred?

I wouldn't say that there was a kid I truly hated (so far, she won't start dating for several more years) but has there been a kid, or family, I wished would move, or get sent, out of the school district? Oh yeah, x20 probably.
  • Like 2

I ended up playing for about 45 minutes last night. I made some decent progress and found that being able to blaze through conversations is SOOO nice. The 45 minutes I played would have probably been more like 2 hours, had I not skipped dialogue. :D

• Like 3

I wouldn't say that there was a kid I truly hated (so far, she won't start dating for several more years) but has there been a kid, or family, I wished would move, or get sent, out of the school district? Oh yeah, x20 probably.

I'm probably just a bad person then. Now if only I were funny like Louis C.K.  :hmm:

I'll be honest with you folks, I just can't do it. :jaymon:

I had full intentions of coming home every day this week, putting in Atelier Totori and working towards the platinum, but it seems I can't even do the first day. I turned on the PS3, opened The Saboteur case, reached for the eject button on the PS3, and then it hit me; why am I doing this? I've already played my game. Literally, the whole game; I played and finished the entire story. Why am I playing it again? :dunno:

One of the points of this event is to hopefully be assigned and play a game that you wouldn't normally have purchased yourself and I've done that. Playing through it again, for another 25 hours, won't be a new experience and I don't really care about the trophies (it's not like I need the ballots since I'm not eligible to win anything anyway lol), so yeah.

I'm not really sure where the idea came from that I had to do it again, or this weird feeling of guilt for not playing it more, either. :hmm: I'm open to hilarious suggestions.

I guess it would be super hypocritical of me to say I'd like to see more Remember Me and The Witcher III updates, eh? :ninja: I played Remember Me and thought it was a good game and I feel The Witcher III is one of the best games picked in this instalment; sucks that those are the two with the least amount of updates. :(

250+ unplayed games at my disposal and I'm gonna have to play this friggin' game again, for the second time this month, after I've already completed the main story, aren't I? :angry:

OMG FINE. <_<

Confirmed closet weeb.  Also, wow at not playing game then telling other people to play games :awesome:

Alright, I don't want to be on Effdeegee's bad side. I have Wednesday after 1pm until Friday off and Saturday off. Just keep this thing open until Saturday night and I will post THE MOST EPIC UPDATE.

Quoting for posterity.  If it is not THE MOST EPIC UPDATE then we will force you to play Dark Souls.

No updates! Just super tired when I get home :(

An update about not updating #updateception

I ended up playing for about 45 minutes last night. I made some decent progress and found that being able to blaze through conversations is SOOO nice. The 45 minutes I played would have probably been more like 2 hours, had I not skipped dialogue. :D

Now if only we could do this is in real life.  Sorry I don't want to talk to you,  :circle: or you  :circle: or you  :circle: or you :circle: etc  :circle: etc  :circle:

• Like 3

L9bfc5c.png

I spent a good 1hr+ on Atelier Totori tonight; made some good progress and developed a pretty smooth rhythm in combat. The friend levels are rising and both the in game days and the real life days are passing by, all fairly quickly. I'm not sure if I'll make it to the platinum at this pace, but I'll keep pluggin' away and we'll see where I land when the lights go out on this instalment. :) Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 4

Glad to see things are going well with Totori ^_^  I agree that being able to skip through the dialogue is great.

I'm just chipping away at the AC Syndicate DLC....started out by doing all the collectibles, now doing some of the side missions before carrying on with the story. Not encountered any major issues yet

• Like 2

The Witcher:

Not the epic update you are hoping for, yet. I played for about 4 or so hours tonight. I got to make sweet sensual love to Keira, so I got that going for me which is nice. I beat up some baddies and got to play a cubic shit ton a few rounds of gwent. I am trying really hard, but I can't seem to immerse myself in this game as others are hoping for. Don't get me wrong, the story is amazing and the characters are outstanding. I will play tomorrow afternoon and see how far I can get in the story. Not sure if I will play the entire weekend, but I do want to see what happens next. 

• Like 3