Dr_Mayus' Mysterious 200 Platinum

Dr_Mayus

Oh man, since the moment you said Hell I immediately thought: Another no refunds game? It has to be Ride to hell.

It was 2 years ago and I was driving trying to think of a game to play for 200 (this was at 120 or so) and I was thinking Cars, Up, Ice Age 2 etc. but all of that seemed to boring (easy but not bad). No, I wanted a game that was notorious for its badness (much like Hannah Montana was). It all of a sudden hit me and I couldn't think of anything that would be more perfect...I have no idea what 300 will be. We need another "worst game ever" to come out ^_^

II guess I took the hints too literally "diving into hell" and at the end of the 2nd video the "1% chance"  bit. I actually thought it was meant to be the rairity of the game's plat which fits Helldivers :lol:  (which was on ps plus sometime this year).

If you ever did my Picture Trivia you would know NEVER take it too literally...there is always shenanigans in my hints :)

Damn I was going to guess ride to hell as well :P don't worry doctor if you get to bored there I might join you on this highway to hell :D

Actually yesterday I was thinking of doing a We Play for it. Maybe if enough people can scrounge up the game (it is really hard to find) then we can do it :)

Actually the shitty thing is I was going to do the DLC as well (for more punishment) but it is discontinued on the store...and I looked 2 years ago.

I bought that chunk of turd for a similar masochistic reason (it's so bad it's gotta be good...right?), but I can't bring myself to do pop that plat for #100.

Oh man, I do love me some bad games (looks at Fairy Tale Fights and Tony Hawk RIDE platinums)

Ride to Hell is awesome, I played it recently. :lol:

Quiet you :shakefist: (can't tell if sarcastic or not)

• Like 2

Quiet you :shakefist: (can't tell if sarcastic or not)

Not sarcastic, I actually had fun with it. The game gave me a small heart attack because of the collectible counter bugged and showed wrong numbers. One of the last missions showed 95% collectibles even though I had all. I picked up some more collectibles and magically the number evened out. So thats something worth knowing before jumping into it. It's a really shitty game, but funny at the same time.

It was 2 years ago and I was driving trying to think of a game to play for 200 (this was at 120 or so) and I was thinking Cars, Up, Ice Age 2 etc. but all of that seemed to boring (easy but not bad). No, I wanted a game that was notorious for its badness (much like Hannah Montana was). It all of a sudden hit me and I couldn't think of anything that would be more perfect...I have no idea what 300 will be. We need another "worst game ever" to come out ^_^

If you ever did my Picture Trivia you would know NEVER take it too literally...there is always shenanigans in my hints :)

You might be screwed when you get to #300. There are a lot of bad games out there, but it might be hard to top #100 and #200 in terms of crappiness. 

Speaking of Picture Trivia, any chance you will bringing it back sometime in the future?  :)

Not sarcastic, I actually had fun with it. The game gave me a small heart attack because of the collectible counter bugged and showed wrong numbers. One of the last missions showed 95% collectibles even though I had all. I picked up some more collectibles and magically the number evened out. So thats something worth knowing before jumping into it. It's a really shitty game, but funny at the same time.

I have watched a Let's Play of it by Supergreatfriend and I agree it looks awful but fun at the same time. I can't wait ^_^

You might be screwed when you get to #300. There are a lot of bad games out there, but it might be hard to top #100 and #200 in terms of crappiness. 

Speaking of Picture Trivia, any chance you will bringing it back sometime in the future?  :)

Man...come on game developers...don't fail me now :D

Wow, that is a left field guess ^_^. No unfortunately not

LOL, I wanted to write the Trophy Guide for that game back at .COM but could never find a copy cheap enough :P

I've got a guide half-done for this site... Just wanted to do some small improvements over my older version! :P

Are you going to do Ride to Hell: Retribution? That platinum is sort of a ride to hell.

It's much worse than the videos let you on to believe. Most of the funny reviews of the game just scratch the beginning of the game. The platinum is doable, but it's work. The hardest part is a couple of checkpoints on hard, especially this one where you gotta use an "elevator"/"moving platform" (near the end of the game)... such a long checkpoint and so easy to die and with infinite spawning enemies, and you gotta stand still in the open... Or when the weapon you're supposed to use disappear at an early checkpoint if you die, and the enemies just instant kill you when you get out of an elevator. The hardest bike ride is one of the very first ones on hard... poorly optimized! :S Then there's golden moments where you headshot 8 enemies with 7 bullets in a matter of seconds... Then there's the collectibles that must all be collected on hardest difficulty... Yes, you gotta unlock hardest difficulty! :P

But do follow the story, like try to understand what is happening, that's fun stuff! ;)

Edited by MMDE

I've got a guide half-done for this site... Just wanted to do some small improvements over my older version! :P

Are you going to do Ride to Hell: Retribution? That platinum is sort of a ride to hell.

It's much worse than the videos let you on to believe. Most of the funny reviews of the game just scratch the beginning of the game. The platinum is doable, but it's work. The hardest part is a couple of checkpoints on hard, especially this one where you gotta use an "elevator"... such a long checkpoint and so easy to die and with infinite spawning enemies, and you gotta stand still in the open...

Barcelona Challenge and 7 playthroughs of Fairy Tale Fights have prepared me for this :)

Barcelona Challenge and 7 playthroughs of Fairy Tale Fights have prepared me for this :)

I added more... Oh, and a little tip from me to you. When they want to fight melee, just walk backwards and aim for their head and shoot. I don't think they can hit you when you walk backwards IIRC, just gotta make sure you hit. If you hit the head, they die. :P With one or two exceptions, I always did this. Much easier and faster.

Edited by MMDE

There is a mysterious organization that is trying to destroy the Trinity of Green by eliminating all the coffee in the world and forcing the Good Doctor to play horrible games for milestones. I thought I was hidden...I thought they could not find me...but at Christmas they decided to ruin the Year End Awards by leaving this mysterious bag at my door.

Ohhh god it doesn't seem that just you have been targeted by this mysterious organisation as I found this outside my house this morning :o

JV1qIig.jpg

It seems nobody is safe this time around :o everybody quick go into hiding so they don't find you as well :P 

• Like 1

Ohhh god it doesn't seem that just you have been targeted by this mysterious organisation as I found this outside my house this morning :o

JV1qIig.jpg

It seems nobody is safe this time around :o everybody quick go into hiding so they don't find you as well :P

Oh no :( They know I have been spreading the word...trying to rally support. I fear this may be the end for all gamers everywhere.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Nice :yay:.

I see you finally started Demon's Souls. How do you like the game so far?

I am digging it so far :) I see that the game is hard but it always seems fair. The only annoying part so far has been in the level with the Wooden planks and poison enemies. I kept falling off the ledge because you do a little stutter backwards when you attach :(

I am digging it so far :) I see that the game is hard but it always seems fair. The only annoying part so far has been in the level with the Wooden planks and poison enemies. I kept falling off the ledge because you do a little stutter backwards when you attach :(

Awesome, I hope you keep enjoying it to the end. Yep, that's what I liked about Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1. Dark Souls II seems to have forgotten the "hard, but fair" rule a bit.

Are you talking about the 5th world?

Awesome, I hope you keep enjoying it to the end. Yep, that's what I liked about Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1. Dark Souls II seems to have forgotten the "hard, but fair" rule a bit.

Are you talking about the 5th world?

I am not sure. There are a bunch of brown enemies running around that have flame staves and can poison you and so far it is just a bunch of wooden ledges over a bottomless pit

Oh it is pretty dimly lit :( I was playing 4-1 but that black skeleton kept making hamburger out of me so I thought I would try a different world

Yep, that's definitely world 5-1. You can turn the brightness up or use a torch. Oh that skeleton, you'll be farming him a lot for Pure Bladestone. It's best to sneak up on him from behind, then backstab, run away before he gets up to get out of his aggro range, then repeat.