Couldn't you get banned for using Crushing Mode exploit?

I was thinking about using it after I have completed Uncharted 4 for the first time. The only problem is it's going to make it look as though (depending how long it takes) that I have completed Uncharted 4 on Crushing mode too soon after the first time.

Obviously it's not possible to complete Uncharted 4 that fast so it wouldn't look legit. Is it something that you could get banned for?

I'm not sure where it stands with exploits that allow you to earn Trophies. I don't know if there a bannable offence so to speak.

What do you all think?

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

Banned from what?

The leaderboards? No, it's fine. There's no way to report you anyway, as the PS4 trophy system is currently unhackable. 

Banned by Sony/ND from there servers? Unlikely, but who can say.

Crushing mode is easy anyway, once you've already completed the game. Buy the bullet time and infinite ammo gameplay mods, and the Barok .44 revolver. One hit kills for the rest of the game. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

Banned from what?

The leaderboards? No, it's fine. There's no way to report you anyway, as the PS4 trophy system is currently unhackable.

Banned by Sony/ND from there servers? Unlikely, but who can say.

Crushing mode is easy anyway, once you've already completed the game. Buy the bullet time and infinite ammo gameplay mods, and the Barok .44 revolver. One hit kills for the rest of the game.

From PSN yeah for using the exploit. Just banned in general because obviously it doesn't look legit with your Trophy timestamp.

No. No game company or platform holder is gonna give a shit what you do in single player mode. If this somehow impacted MP, that would be entirely different. But the exploit does nothing but unlock a trophy more quickly, and this ultimately impacts no one.

On the site here, unless you used it for leaderboard purposes, again, I can't see anyone getting their nose bent out of shape.

Slightly off topic, but I really wish ND had made the difficulty options relate solely to the encounters. I thought the gun play sections were too sparse in this game, and to replay 4 hours of climbing sections for 1 hour of shooting was unnecessary.

They should have required you to complete the encounters through encounter select, and track the highest difficulty that you successfully completed them on.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

Slightly off topic, but I really wish ND had made the difficulty options relate solely to the encounters. I thought the gun play sections were too sparse in this game, and to replay 4 hours of climbing sections for 1 hour of shooting was unnecessary.

They should have required you to complete the encounters through encounter select, and track the highest difficulty that you successfully completed them on.

Just my 2 cents

Too much effort for trophies.

No you wont get banned from anywhere. Also, who could tell if you used the glitch or simply made à parallèle progression in two savefile (crushing and another)?

That's what I was thinking too, you can start crushing from the start so you could just get to the epilogue on 2 saves and do both trophies withing 5 minutes of each other, not sure why anyone would go to the trouble of doing that though  :lol:

Nah you won't but sure as hell should and I don't mean you but everyone that uses/used the exploit.Never saw anybody being banned by using exploits though so yeah as always they won't give a shit if you use it or not.I hope they fix this.

Too much effort for trophies.

Don't you agree with him though? The difficulty settings don't apply to the overly repetitive climbing sections, so it completely makes sense that only the encounters do measure one's skill on a higher difficulty.

I really love the Uncharted universe, but especially for Uncharted 4 the game feels way too long/dragged out. Guess ND was afraid of "game is too short/linear!" critics like The Order 1886 suffered, and filled the game with tons of walking, driving and climbing around. The mechanics get repetitive and often I was itching for combat and to be done with it already. The pacing of this game is very different from Uncharted 2.

• Like 1

Don't you agree with him though? The difficulty settings don't apply to the overly repetitive climbing sections, so it completely makes sense that only the encounters do measure one's skill on a higher difficulty.

I really love the Uncharted universe, but especially for Uncharted 4 the game feels way too long/dragged out. Guess ND was afraid of "game is too short/linear!" critics like The Order 1886 suffered, and filled the game with tons of walking, driving and climbing around. The mechanics get repetitive and often I was itching for combat and to be done with it already. The pacing of this game is very different from Uncharted 2.

Yes, it would be nice, but they didn't make the game for the trophies. They added the trophies to the game. ;) AKA too much effort to do what was suggested!