Sleeping Dogs - Worth your time?

AlteredFormula

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A prequel to this title would be great on PS4: The Youth of Wei Shen

Free roaming the streets again as a kid trying to prove yourself to the Triad and eventually making the change to join the police in the USA!!!

In short: great game on PS3 and hoping for a fantastic game on PS4

• Like 1

Thanks to PS+ for offering this great game or I would've never played it. Loved it so much that I even purchased the DLC and I have never bought any DLC for any game before. Pretty easy to get the platinum and a nice ride getting there.

How come you don't have a pork bun in your hand?

A prequel to this title would be great on PS4: The Youth of Wei Shen

Free roaming the streets again as a kid trying to prove yourself to the Triad and eventually making the change to join the police in the USA!!!

In short: great game on PS3 and hoping for a fantastic game on PS4

I definitely think this game needs a second part, whether it is a prequel or sequel. I do think the end of the game definitely left room for a lot more story, but I haven't played the DLC so that may have changed. I think I like this game so much because it reminds me of a more brutal and crude Shenmue.

Parker

• Like 3

I definitely think this game needs a second part, whether it is a prequel or sequel. I do think the end of the game definitely left room for a lot more story, but I haven't played the DLC so that may have changed. I think I like this game so much because it reminds me of a more brutal and crude Shenmue.

Parker

I thought that as well, told my sister that it reminded me of Shenmue with the combat and exploration.

• Like 1

Parker

It's like you read my mind!

One of the best if not THE best free roamers for PS3. Although the low expectations created by the bumpy development could contribute to it's current popularity. They have to make a second game just to show the gamers it wasn't a lucky hit!  

• 2 weeks later...

Parker

You're absolutely right - the ending definitely left room for more story to be told. I haven't played the DLC either, but the fact of the matter is that there could be something else left untold. But, at the same time, perhaps it may be better left untold. I am thinking that the Sleeping Dog's story definitely didn't over stay it's welcome and I'm not sure a sequel is going to be the right choice.

Edited by skinner49

• 3 months later...

Parker

Man, you must be thrilled to hear that Square Enix & United Front just announced that they will release a new Sleeping Dogs game, called Triad Wars! Cool, no?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I got Sleeping Dogs on January Sale pt. 1 and started playing it just today and it hasn't disappointed me. After playing the demo for like 10 minutes or so I was kind of like meh and ignored all the hype in a blink of an eye. Now that it cost me less than 5 € I'm enjoying it actually pretty much.