God Of War IV

anthonyrflores2

There was a ton of leaked concept art and a Norse mythology focus reveal about a month ago. The original director of 1, 2, and 3 who left Santa Monica after finishing 3 is back with SM again. I personally don't doubt it in the slightest.

• Like 2

Well its pretty obvious its happening, let me recap.

Cory Barlog slipped at PSX 2014 that they were developing God of War IV and he was directing it (Also director of GoW2, was involved with 1 and left for 3.)

Santa Monica later tweeted it out confirming it, quickly deleting everything (for some reason, bet the social guy got his ass kicked lol)

A month ago there was a Norse mythology leak, with a ton of infomation. Including that we would very soon se a trailer for it. Since E3 is one of the biggest events, and gow is a huge IP for them its pretty obvious it would and should happen.

OFCOURSE I CANT WAIT, and its super exciting, but Im actually hoping that they announce GoW1 and 2 backwards compatibility at the conference tol lol

2 things I'd like to say, they were making a new IP before this but it got cancelled and David Jaffe, the creator of God of War always imagined other mythologies when he wrote the story. He actually had thoughts of new mythologies in the second one already :P

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 2

I'd be more surprised if there wasn't a GoW 4 teaser/reveal at E3. Above poster explained it quite well.

I'm pretty sure E3 is when they announce the PS+ games for July, right? If so, I can totally see them giving us GoW 3 remastered for July to go along with the teaser/reveal.

• Like 1

I wouldn't look too far into it because of the plus game. I'm sure Ghost of Sparta was in it month before, maybe month before that.

And honestly I'd look no further than faint hope / wanting it, cos I'm a cynical bastard.

Even if it is true and it's announced, you probably won't see it till late 2017 / early 2018 at the very earliest, with the exclusives already coming out this year / delayed till early next year.

would be a nice surprise if they change it up to Norse.

My only big gripe with gaming these days, is we get release dates WAY before a game is even due. Sometimes a shitstorm happens and the game takes 10 years (Last Guardian, FF 15), if a game gets announced 6 months out of a release, thats fine, maybe 1 year. but if they just tease it, say nothing all year, tease it, then announce a release date and then delay it, it is really really really annoying. 

• Like 1

then announce a release date and then delay it, it is really really really annoying.

It's the cool thing to do nowadays to announce your AAA game's release date too early. Then need to delay it. Cos fuck logic xD Edited by LetsTurnJu-On
  • Like 1

Everyone talking about Release Date. The leak stated a CG trailer especially, but all this time since PS4 released Bend and Santa Monica is the only studios that hasn't shown anything. So we could see gameplay.

And the release will probably be March 2017. Santa Monica loves their March releases, it might be because its my favoutie series and my birthday? :P But no joke, they"ve released some games in March and since God of War has been in development for maybe 2 years right now it seems logical to have a 2017/18 release.

But I can't see them releasing it 2018! However 2017, whenever it is pretty much is a go in my opinion. So we'll see, I call God of War IV E3 CG trailer with a little gameplay and "2017" smacked on it then at other conferences like PSX or PGW they show gameplay with Release Date :)

CANT WAIT <3

I think we will get kratos teaser on E3, like 8/12 seconds just for confirm GOW4. And i hope they just continue the history, and not a remake! We still have Primordial Gods left, the creators of the world. And if you think, 1 primordial god appear on GOW Ghost of Sparta. Thanatos, son of "Nix" - night , the same game they offer you this month :) And with the end of GOW3, kratos body dissapear, and dies in 1 phoenix, i think its a saga continues and should be!
Other possibilty, is the game comes for PS4 NEO! They need have 1 amazing game that will sell a lot when that console comes out, for people buy it! GOW4 will be the best possibility, because have a lot of fans, and a lot of them want play it in 4k! 

Its just a possibillty, but who knows... :)

As much as I love Kratos, if they are doing Norse mythology next, then they need a new protagonist. It would be too silly to have Kratos involved, like "I'm gonna kill your gods too, and then when that's done, I'm comin' for some Chinese gods. Then Indian gods!  ALL DEM GODS GOIN' DOWN!!" :P

Other possibilty, is the game comes for PS4 NEO! They need have 1 amazing game that will sell a lot when that console comes out, for people buy it! GOW4 will be the best possibility, because have a lot of fans, and a lot of them want play it in 4k! 

Its just a possibillty, but who knows... :)

I think somewhere in that first Neo leak it was mentioned that God of War 4 will look and run better on Neo and they want it to be a launch title (or close to launch).

As much as I love Kratos, if they are doing Norse mythology next, then they need a new protagonist. It would be too silly to have Kratos involved, like "I'm gonna kill your gods too, and then when that's done, I'm comin' for some Chinese gods. Then Indian gods!  ALL DEM GODS GOIN' DOWN!!" :P

It won't be the same Kratos, but the character artworks had a similar look, so the character will be recognizable.

I like the new design. It's the same, but different.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-05-massive-god-of-war-4-leak-points-to-norse-mythology-setting

Edited by soniq

It doesn't have to be his choice. He could be forced to defend himself against the Norse gods. He did, afterall... kill many gods. He is well known as the Ghost of Sparta... even the Persian king knew of Kratos in Chains of Olympus... and we know other mythologies exist within the universe because some of the enemies you face aren't from greek mythology... Like the basilisk in Chains of Olympus. My idea for a norse God of war is after Kratos stabs himself, he falls into the ocean but doesn't die. Drifting at sea, he gets picked up by Vikings and brought to the world tree... Taken before Odin to be punished for what he did to the Greek gods. 

• Like 1

It doesn't have to be his choice. He could be forced to defend himself against the Norse gods. He did, afterall... kill many gods. He is well known as the Ghost of Sparta... even the Persian king knew of Kratos in Chains of Olympus... and we know other mythologies exist within the universe because some of the enemies you face aren't from greek mythology... Like the basilisk in Chains of Olympus. My idea for a norse God of war is after Kratos stabs himself, he falls into the ocean but doesn't die. Drifting at sea, he gets picked up by Vikings and brought to the world tree... Taken before Odin to be punished for what he did to the Greek gods. 

Good point :D