Anyone else pissed with lack of chat features in game?

Dark_Lord_Driver

Yeah, this was my main gripe with the PS3 when I switched from the 360. You do get slightly more used to it after a while though.

Annoyingly Skype isn't an option either as I don't own a webcam, even if I did own one I wouldn't be able to use it because my PC and PS3 use the same monitor.

Edited by AndroidFox

Cross Game Chat, for me, is one of the most useless features I've come across in a video game console. I have used it maybe twice in the years I've owned my 360 and I've never longed for it to be added to the PS3. When I'm playing an online game I prefer to talk to my teammates in order to bring some sort of strategy to the matches, and cross game chat just distracted me.

That being said, I do hope Sony introduces it with the next console. While I will never use it, I know a lot of people want it and it will be a selling point for the system. The more people you make happy, the better the system will sell and that is better for everyone.

Parker

• Like 1

Anyone else pissed with the lack of party chat or private chat on ps3? I have just recently converted from Xbox to ps3 and that is the only thing that I really do miss!!

I know that's a big issue for a lot of you guys that have/are played/ing 360, is the lack of cross game chat. Although its never been a feature that I've been that bothered about, there was always the dangled carrot of promise from Sony up until about a year (maybe 18 months) ago, when they finally stated that it isn't going to happen.

Private chat is available as long as you have your mic enabled and you aren't in-game (I know, it doesn't help you much does it!!). Hopefully though, you'll get used to it, or if you can't fire up your laptop and run Skype to talk to your other PS3 friends playing different games. (pain in the ass having another bit of kit running, but us long term owners have just got used to it!)