Premium Upgrades: $4.99/year or $12.99 for Life

Sly Ripper

I don't mind paying for lifetime membership.  $9.99 for life is a very good deal. 

Sadly, I can't use my PayPal account any more.  It's a matter of principle that I shall never use PayPal again.   Once upon a time, I loved using PayPal and eBay and eventually I spent almost $10000 (ten thousand) using PayPal during a span of about 10 years.  One day, I got a very nice message from PayPal saying that $10000 is the total limit that they allow me to spend.  If I continue to use PayPal, I must link my PayPal to my checking or saving account (to verify my identity).  That was no way to treat a loyal customer who had spend almost $10K, the total amount in about 10 years; it wasn't like I made one big transaction of 10K.   There is absolutely no way I'm going to give them access to my bank account, period.  Therefore, I can no longer use PayPal.  I haven't been back to eBay either. 

• Like 1

I don't mind paying for lifetime membership.  $9.99 for life is a very good deal. 

Sadly, I can't use my PayPal account any more.  It's a matter of principle that I shall never use PayPal again.   Once upon a time, I loved using PayPal and eBay and eventually I spent almost $10000 (ten thousand) using PayPal during a span of about 10 years.  One day, I got a very nice message from PayPal saying that $10000 is the total limit that they allow me to spend.  If I continue to use PayPal, I must link my PayPal to my checking or saving account (to verify my identity).  That was no way to treat a loyal customer who had spend almost $10K, the total amount in about 10 years; it wasn't like I made one big transaction of 10K.   There is absolutely no way I'm going to give them access to my bank account, period.  Therefore, I can no longer use PayPal.  I haven't been back to eBay either. 

It's quite normal, why do you not trust a bank account link but you do trust them with card details?

Might contemplate purchasing it when I get paid tomorrow. Since I really don't care for my trophies to be constantly updated, there isn't much else to entice me into the actual purchase. I don't care for a golden username (since in the actual posts you do in threads, the colour is your regular standard member) and I'm not really one to change usernames anyway. If there was a bit more to the deal for people who don't really care about constant trophy updates, then I would be a bit more interested. The only reason I would genuinely upgrade, is to support such a well made and well thought website, not to mention how £6.41 is nothing for a lifetime membership.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking to be a premium member for life because the price seems reasonable, then I saw the signature that you have Sly and i´m thinking if there any way for those who are premium members to get a signature like yours or it´s just because you own this site that you have a signature like that ???

In my opinion if the members get a signature like that for becoming premium i think a lot of members would be interested just my opinion :)

I have been thinking to be a premium member for life because the price seems reasonable, then I saw the signature that you have Sly and i´m thinking if there any way for those who are premium members to get a signature like yours or it´s just because you own this site that you have a signature like that ???

In my opinion if the members get a signature like that for becoming premium i think a lot of members would be interested just my opinion :)

It's being worked on.

• Like 2

I just upgraded to Premium not just because I love trophy collecting, but as a application developer myself I can imagine how much time Sly has put into this website. Thank you for this amazing website and the community you build with it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Develop your app for all platforms, or for nothing.

Not a premium member *yet*, but I disagree. If it's easier to program for one OS first, just do it. Even if it's Blackberry native. Hell, I don't care if you start with WebOS. From what I've been reading, developing for Android can be a nightmare. And supporting every make and model as well as OS version for Android can cause people to pull their apps.

Make it a goal to be on all OS's, but don't go for the all or nothing mentality!!

It's more structured... Yes of course, it's because you're all iDevices users, uh.

Not a premium member *yet*, but I disagree. If it's easier to program for one OS first, just do it. Even if it's Blackberry native. Hell, I don't care if you start with WebOS. From what I've been reading, developing for Android can be a nightmare. And supporting every make and model as well as OS version for Android can cause people to pull their apps.

Make it a goal to be on all OS's, but don't go for the all or nothing mentality!!

It's not a nightmare at all, what's a nightmare is those small unknown OS. Android has grown so much that now developing for it is really user-friendly. I know that if iOS version of the app comes out, the Android version will likely come out 3 years after, or never. Sly will rest on his laurels and fuck Android users. I just don't want to see that (sorry for the expression). So I'm sorry to say that I have to go for the all or nothing mentality.

Sly ill rest on his laurels and fuck Android users. I just don't want to see that (sorry for the expression). So I'm sorry to say that I have to go for the all or nothing mentality.

Pretty sure that Sly wouldn't do that to all Android users, it would take forever to start with. Also we aren't all idevice users

As I said, the latest android build seems to be better, however, most people I have talked to in my industry prefer iOS for exactly the same reasons as mentioned above.

I mean if you know how to program for android and believe you can do a good job - which based on you last post, I'll have to assume as you seem to know, Sly's PM is always open ;)

• Like 1

It's more structured... Yes of course, it's because you're all iDevices users, uh.

It's not a nightmare at all, what's a nightmare is those small unknown OS. Android has grown so much that now developing for it is really user-friendly. I know that if iOS version of the app comes out, the Android version will likely come out 3 years after, or never. Sly will rest on his laurels and fuck Android users. I just don't want to see that (sorry for the expression). So I'm sorry to say that I have to go for the all or nothing mentality.

You're saying all this because your opinion is based on having developed for both platforms before, right?

• Like 2

Pretty much what Daiv just said.

Sly was saying that Android is a nightmare, but the latest update has made it better. But iOS is the easier one to begin with because slightly more structured ;)

I make a living by programming mobile and web apps , I do this all the time and I prefer Android. The reason is simple, Apple made one of the best framework and development software, it's fast and easy to use. But when I write an app, I need to write it for 52 different os. I don't write 52 different apps, I write only one app that will work on all os, and after I will optimize and debug it for every major os. Since the iOS'S development tool is exclusive to iOS apps, I use a different one where I can write the app for all the os. At this stage, iOS is a nightmare. It takes too much time to optimize because Apple act like a jealous girlfriend.

iOS got it's issues too, but it has mostly to do with limitations. That usually is a good and a bad thing though.

You are absolutely right.

I think Sly want to make only one app for iOS and one for Android, so is better to make one for iOS before. But with an existing website, I think it should takes 2-3 weeks to write both apps. 

But regarding the future app... I hope, I really hope,.that you're not going to leave Android users behind. Almost 80% of the phones today are running it, and it is open source, constantly evolving, it is a great community. If really one day I connect and see that the app has been developed... just for Apple, I'll cry. Scream. Shout. Nowadays it's so sad to see that the mobile's.community is so divided. Please don't contribute to divide it even more.

Develop your app for all platforms, or for nothing.

100% agree with you.