Dead Rising 4

SolidJD

The trailer for Dead Rising 4 was shown at the Xbox Conference but this isn't bad news for Playstation 4 owners who are fans of the series. One thing not shown or said before the trailer was that it was a Xbox Exclusive. That means this game will be coming over to Playstation 4 as well as Xbox. It might be a timed exclusive but that was not mentioned. 

#frankisback

Edited by SolidJD
  • Like 3

The trailer for Dead Rising 4 was shown at the Xbox Conference but this isn't bad news for Playstation 4 owners who are fans of the series. One thing not shown or said before the trailer was that it was a Xbox Exclusive. That means this game will be coming over to Playstation 4 as well as Xbox. It might be a timed exclusive but that was not mentioned. 

#frankisback

In the conference it blatantly says "Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive", the best you can hope for is a steam release if you don't want to touch MS products. 

• Like 1

Isn't it published by Microsoft Studios? I don't know if it will come to PS4 to be honest. It would be awesome but it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft held on to the franchise.

Microsoft published games have come over before so stranger things have happened, though it's probably unlikely. I can only think of Mass Effect and Rise of the Tomb Raider as examples, and considering how Dead Rising 3 hasn't this probably won't either. :( I don't see why Capcom think it's still a good idea to have this an exclusive series?

Until it's official I will hold out for hope. If it is, shame on Capcom.

Why is it shame on Capcom? The others that were Xbox only did really well. Also, if SF5 is to go by, I doubt Capcom will be teaming to give out any exclusive that isn't Dragon's Dogma, Deep Down or Power Stone. It's sucks but like other people say when mocking Xbox at its lack of third party exclusives "It's just business".

Microsoft published games have come over before so stranger things have happened, though it's probably unlikely. I can only think of Mass Effect and Rise of the Tomb Raider as examples, and considering how Dead Rising 3 hasn't this probably won't either. :(I don't see why Capcom think it's still a good idea to have this an exclusive series?

Games have sell quotas they need to hit, I suspect DR does good for them for them not to port it. Also, MS probably dropped some cash on it.

Edited by FlareXV

In the conference it blatantly says "Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive", the best you can hope for is a steam release if you don't want to touch MS products. 

Nope, they never said it was exclusive. It says "Coming to Xbox One and Windows 10". The language they use for exclusives is different. If it was exclusive, they would of made a big deal about it.

If you re-watch the conference it doesn't say that. Why don't you fact check before posting :) 

• Like 2

Why is it shame on Capcom? The others that were Xbox only did really well. Also, if SF5 is to go by, I doubt Capcom will be teaming to give out any exclusive that isn't Dragon's Dogma, Deep Down or Power Stone. It's sucks but like other people say when mocking Xbox at its lack of third party exclusives "It's just business".

Games have sell quotas they need to hit, I suspect DR does good for them for them not to port it. Also, MS probably dropped some cash on it.

Just don't understand why Capcom would agree. MS would have to offer a ton of money. And I don't see Capcom agreeing to take less than what they would get for what they would make with PS4 customers. Not like many ppl are going to buy an Xbox just for DR4. Just don't get it. But as someone said, the wording doesn't mention exclusive so there is hope.

Nothing states on the official Xbox page that it is exclusive and this screenshot of the box art on the webpage doesn't have Xbox Exclusive written on it. I am 100% confident this is coming to PS4 as well as Xbox. 

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/dead-rising-4

I know, calm down. You do have to remember 3 hasn't appeared on PS4 yet. It has appeared on Steam and I'm guessing that's where it heading off to. I do hope PS4 get's a port but I doubt it. 

dead-rising-4-box-art-555x725.png

EDIT: There is nothing official yet from MS nor Capcom, so it isn't necessarily true.

I really don't think this is the official box art.  And as SolidJD said it's different to the one posted on the official webpage.

It could be the work of somebody who wanted to ignite the lame console wars thing.

I really hope it gets ported since I pretty much enjoyed Dead Rising 2 on the PS3.

Edited by milanbarca82

Just don't understand why Capcom would agree. MS would have to offer a ton of money. And I don't see Capcom agreeing to take less than what they would get for what they would make with PS4 customers. Not like many ppl are going to buy an Xbox just for DR4. Just don't get it. But as someone said, the wording doesn't mention exclusive so there is hope.

Well, SF5 failed and that was a PS console exclusive and if U Corps fail, I can see it souring Capcom's mind to port over the game. Also install base means nothing if a game with heritage could only gain 1.4m with a second console on top. 

I really don't think this is the official box art.  And as SolidJD said it's different to the one posted on the official webpage.

It could be the work of somebody who wanted to ignite the lame console wars thing.

I really do it gets ported since I pretty much enjoyed Dead Rising 2 on the PS3.

Yeah the box art is probably fake, but I'm not 100% sure. It could just be a timed exclusive. But we'll see. :)

• Like 1

Guess we will find out soon enough. I am 100% sure this will be on PS4 as well at some point. Whether it's the same date as Xbox One release or a time after. 

Would love to try and Platinum Dead Rising 4 :) 

Well, SF5 failed and that was a PS console exclusive and if U Corps fail, I can see it souring Capcom's mind to port over the game. Also install base means nothing if a game with heritage could only gain 1.4m with a second console on top.

With SF5 I heard it just wasn't good period so that's why it failed. DR4 looks really good and going back to its roots so I'm sure it will do well. Just not a fan of non first party exclusives. Whether Sony or MS does it. But that's just my opinion. Hopefully it's not so more ppl get to play it.