Worth getting?

It's really a trials game with a Blood Dragon spin off twist. 

If you've never played trials game then I can't really tell you if its worth getting. 

In my opinion trials games are awsome but can be extremely challenging. If you enjoy grinding out your time to beat difficult levels and overcome time trials then definitely pick it up. The story is a bit crappy but its hilarious just like Blood Dragon and the music and visual effects are good fun and can keep you entertained. Its also nice looking out for little in game EE's and references.

ItsAATG

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon was amazing, after watching above video this game doesnt look too interesting thou.

Thats because you can't compare the two games on any level apart from a loosly tied in story. It IS NOT a Far Cry game! It is a Trials game, with a Blood Dragon Story and theme.

Thats because you can't compare the two games on any level apart from a loosly tied in story. It IS NOT a Far Cry game! It is a Trials game, with a Blood Dragon Story and theme.

You are right ;) I thought it will be an arcade style shooter similar to Call of Juarez Gunslinger​ at first.

I like the trials games, even though I have yet to finish a single extreme track in any of them.

Is this game tougher than Fusion?

I'd say it's a lot easier - none of the tracks go beyond medium and you can get all story trophies even if you score an F on the tracks. To get A+ on levels however... it's still a Trials game so most players will hit a wall at some point because the game is equally unforgiving about mistakes. No idea what the score requirements for A+ on the tougher levels is though, they all seem easier because you don't need insane bunny hops or bounces to finish them but such trickery might be required in order to be fast enough.

• Like 1

I'd say it's a lot easier - none of the tracks go beyond medium and you can get all story trophies even if you score an F on the tracks. To get A+ on levels however... it's still a Trials game so most players will hit a wall at some point because the game is equally unforgiving about mistakes. No idea what the score requirements for A+ on the tougher levels is though, they all seem easier because you don't need insane bunny hops or bounces to finish them but such trickery might be required in order to be fast enough.

Very good to know, thans for the info.

I'll probably get this at some point, when either the game is cheaper or my backlog is smaller, or both.

• 1 year later...

No, it is not worth getting. This game is a complete joke. If you liked Trials Fusion (or Evolution), then stay away from this game. It tries to be something else (or new) but completely fails. The core gameplay is butchered by adding Mechanics like "on foot"- sections and shooting enemies (while on foot or on bike) or swinging around with a grapling hook. The difficulty of the tracks never surpass "medium" and almost no track is only on bike. 

The cherry on top are the secret levels. One level is only platforming on foot with the worst controls ever.

Don't buy it.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/05/2018 at 7:57 PM, Mori said:

No, it is not worth getting. This game is a complete joke. If you liked Trials Fusion (or Evolution), then stay away from this game. It tries to be something else (or new) but completely fails. The core gameplay is butchered by adding Mechanics like "on foot"- sections and shooting enemies (while on foot or on bike) or swinging around with a grapling hook. The difficulty of the tracks never surpass "medium" and almost no track is only on bike. 

The cherry on top are the secret levels. One level is only platforming on foot with the worst controls ever.

Don't buy it.

Mori is right. The games a bit shit. Buy Fusion instead. Its infinetly better.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1-5-2018 at 8:57 PM, Mori said:

Don't buy it.

I wish I read this sooner. I expected a fun trials game but this is terrible. Not looking forward to A ranking this piece of crap.

• 1 year later...

It was an OK game but nowhere near the Trials Fusion quality.  As mentioned before the tracks are much less intricate, and easier overall, and the major difficulty spikes come from grappling hook / walking levels because of crappy controls.  That one ninja level (Clubbed To Death) was particularly punishing, as in order to A+ it you had to had a flawless run, and then get real lucky at the end, where you had very little control over not getting hit by molten lava, at the speed you're required to go.  Took me a few days of attempts, and I must've died on that final stretch a 100 times, before finally getting lucky:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 01/09/2021 at 8:25 PM, x7eight said:

Can anybody comment on whether this is harder or easier to platinum than trials rising?

Easier from what I have been told. I am most of the way through the main story A+ runs and it has been nothing compared to getting gold on extremes in Rising. If you can plat rising, I doubt you will have an issue here unless you suck at the non bike sections 

• Like 1