Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

10 hours ago, DEMON said:

Hide contents

I'm actually comparing Ardyn more with Wesker from Biohazard.

:o Chapter 13 had me thinking of that series and that Ardyn was very like Wesker for experimenting on humans and turning them into monsters.

But yea, he is like Kefka.. then Exdeath, then Sephiroth.. lol it's like SE threw all their best villains into one.

I never played any of the Resident Evil games, so I don't know who Wesker is. He reminds me of Kefka so much though, because on the outside, both of them don't appear a threat. Both of them have diplomatic roles as well; Kefka an ambassador, and Ardyn a chancellor. And both of them originally weren't the main villain. I'd say that, if you watched Kingsglaive, you'd get the sense that Iedolas was the lead antagonist, but Ardyn made quick work out of him (hilarious how he handled him too, btw). Just like Kefka made quick work out of Gestahl, who was an emperor. Iedolas was also an emperor.

;)

It's actually amusing how much VI I see in XV. Definitely not a bad thing, neither.

Anybody with common sense knew that Ardyn was going to seize the role of lead villain throughout the story, however. He's too enigmatic not to. My biggest complaint with the story, is that they needed an extra 10-15 hours of story padding to give character development. Particularly on the Niflheim side.

47 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Reveal hidden contents

I never played any of the Resident Evil games, so I don't know who Wesker is. He reminds me of Kefka so much though, because on the outside, both of them don't appear a threat. Both of them have diplomatic roles as well; Kefka an ambassador, and Ardyn a chancellor. And both of them originally weren't the main villain. I'd say that, if you watched Kingsglaive, you'd get the sense that Iedolas was the lead antagonist, but Ardyn made quick work out of him (hilarious how he handled him too, btw). Just like Kefka made quick work out of Gestahl, who was an emperor. Iedolas was also an emperor.

;)

It's actually amusing how much VI I see in XV. Definitely not a bad thing, neither.

Anybody with common sense knew that Ardyn was going to seize the role of lead villain throughout the story, however. He's too enigmatic not to. My biggest complaint with the story, is that they needed an extra 10-15 hours of story padding to give character development. Particularly on the Niflheim side.

I've watched Kingsglaive and I did expect Ardyn to be the main villain since then. Iedolas is really nothing but the red herring type of character.. he's also technically useless as he requires Ardyn's command on everything (he's retired from politics). The main thing that made me think Ardyn was going to be the villain of this game was that he seemly had something to do with summoning the Diamond Weapon daemon; that was the point I went, ok this guy isn't harmless at all lol.

• Like 1

Just dodged a bit of a bullet. Needed Sword of the Tall from Costlemark Tower, which was my final royal arm, when I got into a game breaking glitch. Was able to get out of it and got the royal arm though. Definitely relived, but I can see that dungeon being loads of trouble for people. 

Only trophy left for the platinum is my boy Adamantoise. As a level 95, I don't think I'm going to see much of a problem. Sadly I don't have any legendary weapons, so I forsee a tedious fight even still.

Edited by Valyrious

14 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Just dodged a bit of a bullet. Needed Sword of the Tall from Costlemark Tower, which was my final royal arm, when I got into a game breaking glitch. Was able to get out of it and got the royal arm though. Definitely relived, but I can see that dungeon being loads of trouble for people. 

Only trophy left for the platinum is my boy Adamantoise. As a level 95, I don't think I'm going to see much of a problem. Sadly I don't have any legendary weapons, so I forsee a tedious fight even still.

What kind of glitch? I got a glitch while in there that Prompto seemly got out of the dungeon in that room where they basically threw everything at you but he came back when I went on the lift again.. was weird.

And you shouldn't have a problem. Should be really easy for you at that level. :) (you can actually pick up the Iron Duke at The Three Ways, that would be your strongest greatsword which is good against the Adamantoise) I'm almost done with the hunts (one more left) and I'm only Lv. 80 with my party.

13 hours ago, Xeliot said:

Mindblowing!

Spoiler

Oh crap...now it makes sense, but I feel kind of sad and scared now that I killed his own mother, not even knowing that snake creature is Prompto's mother. :( I wonder if he already realized that on his dlc episode...

5 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

She stays with you at the camp!? Where is she gonna sleep? :eyebrow:

She doesn't have any dialogue during camping, though. :lol:

Well, she can sleep with me if she wants. How can I say no to Miyuki ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DEMON said:

What kind of glitch? I got a glitch while in there that Prompto seemly got out of the dungeon in that room where they basically threw everything at you but he came back when I went on the lift again.. was weird.

And you shouldn't have a problem. Should be really easy for you at that level. :) (you can actually pick up the Iron Duke at The Three Ways, that would be your strongest greatsword which is good against the Adamantoise) I'm almost done with the hunts (one more left) and I'm only Lv. 80 with my party.

The first time I killed the Jabberwock, but it didn't reward me with the Sword of the Tall. Worst part is that it showed the quest as being complete. I stumbled around the tower for a good half an hour before I realized that I had a previous save that I could swoop to. Problem was I lost 10 hours and 50 levels. So I had to redo the entire tower all over again, and underleveled.....

Fuck that third room with the four mini boss enemies. Oh well, at least I didn't have to restart the entire game.

Finished up the platinum earlier. Only took about 40 minutes to kill the Adamantoise, but holy fuck... people were NOT kidding about the god awful camera. And this is coming from someone that complained about the camera maybe 3 times during the entire adventure.

3 hours ago, Valyrious said:

The first time I killed the Jabberwock, but it didn't reward me with the Sword of the Tall. Worst part is that it showed the quest as being complete. I stumbled around the tower for a good half an hour before I realized that I had a previous save that I could swoop to. Problem was I lost 10 hours and 50 levels. So I had to redo the entire tower all over again, and underleveled.....

Fuck that third room with the four mini boss enemies. Oh well, at least I didn't have to restart the entire game.

Finished up the platinum earlier. Only took about 40 minutes to kill the Adamantoise, but holy fuck... people were NOT kidding about the god awful camera. And this is coming from someone that complained about the camera maybe 3 times during the entire adventure.

Damn, 50 levels? I always make a habit of saving manually before entering dungeons incase my hunt in them didn't show up (had that happen with the Lich hunt.. was annoying as it turned day so I couldn't simply save and then load outside the dungeon and re-enter the other day.

Every glitch I get isn't game breaking but weird. Yesterday I got summoning music on loop (load game fixed that); then later no battle music at all (was silent during battles like I had the sound switch off), that was fixed by loading the game again too.

If you ever go back to Costlemark, you never have to do that room again. :D Unless you like take a wrong turn. I had to do it 2 times because the first time I took a wrong turn. Lol Have a Ribbon now for Noctis and it makes all those status effect happy dungeons/enemies so easy. I need to get another 3 for the others. :)

Ok before I give my review, I will quickly say this because I need to pass back out as I beat the game at 5am. #WorthIt 

!Note Major spoilers! 

!Note Major spoilers! 

I know comparing mediums is complicated.

But Kingsglaive Movie > FFXV Game imo.

Which is probably the first time I've ever sided with a video game movie vs the game. 

Answer: Simply an attachment of characters. . 

Nyx > Noct imo 

Luna in movie > Luna in game imo

Ardyn in movie "much" > than Ardyn in game (I won't budge on this one lol, he's way more charismatic and sinister seeming in the movie)  

Same for the Emperor and King Regis 

Obviously if you've only played the game, my opinion wouldn't make much sense. And vice versa. 

Going to watch the movie again tonight now that I beat the game!!! lol

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ok before I give my review, I will quickly say this because I need to pass back out as I beat the game at 5am. #WorthIt 

!Note Major spoilers! 

!Note Major spoilers! 

Hide contents

I know comparing mediums is complicated.

But Kingsglaive Movie > FFXV Game imo.

Which is probably the first time I've ever sided with a video game movie vs the game. 

Answer: Simply an attachment of characters. . 

Nyx > Noct imo 

Luna in movie > Luna in game imo

Ardyn in movie "much" > than Ardyn in game (I won't budge on this one lol, he's way more charismatic and sinister seeming in the movie)  

Same for the Emperor and King Regis 

Obviously if you've only played the game, my opinion wouldn't make much sense. And vice versa. 

Going to watch the movie again tonight now that I beat the game!!! lol

I will agree, Nyx is a lot better than Noctis, more tough and less of an annoyance. Although I do like Noctis too but you can't not say he didn't act like a spoiled brat for most of the game.

Luna.. she was meh in both. I think the only reason why you like movie Luna more is because she got a fuck ton more screen time in that.

Ardyn.. I liked both a lot. He gets super sinister at the end of the game though (more so than the movie as the movie still kind of wanted to keep a bit of mystery around him for the game, he was pretty much the only movie character that seen a lot of screentime and plot points in the game). Ardyn mainly acts more friendly at the start to not cause suspicions and he wants the bros to partially trust him and accept his help. It's important to him Noctis becomes king, if he acted like a total asshole the whole game, they would have not accepted his help and probably been stuck trying to get to Titan for ages. :P You do need to watch the movie again, the only part he seems sinister in it is when he was told to go and call the daemon back, he was just saying things like "what a pitiful waste", which was a line which made me think that he was connected to Insomina and what you know. lol

Iedolas and Regis.. that's pretty much the same reason for Luna, you see a lot more of them in it. Kingsglaive I think was really to give us some more screentime for the characters that barely seen it in-game.

Just beat Daemonwall, I sadly had to use Maxicasts (first worthwhile magic I have came across in the game.. breaks the damage limit), I was literally warping onto the teleport pad and getting sent out on it. It fucking came as a surprise when I done it. There was one more enemy and I was so careful around it to not fuck it up so I got the completion. lol That was easily one of the most frustrating things I have done in a game though.. you only get like 5 minutes on it.

Edited by DEMON

15 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

IT CAME EARLY!!!!!!!! I'm so fucking happy! This is such a great way to reward myself for the platinum.

The full soundtrack has over 5 hours of music.

2mF2Q5s.jpg
99plFHz.jpg

Fuck.. that's tempting. But it's Blu-Ray and I cba installing a blu-ray drive to my PC. lol

I want to get the rest of the Play Arts Kais, they just released a Nyx one but it's like £105.. very detailed though but I might wait for a sale on that.

Just now, DEMON said:

Fuck.. that's tempting. But it's Blu-Ray and I cba installing a blu-ray drive to my PC. lol

I want to get the rest of the Play Arts Kais, they just released a Nyx one but it's like £105.. very detailed though but I might wait for a sale on that.

It isn't too bad installing one. I only really bought it for sentimental value. I've already ripped most of it so that I can listen to it on my phone and any other means. The Regalia Collection has like 900 minutes of audio, but that's not much of a surprise considering all the songs it has for it. It was good value to me. It is probably the best FF soundtrack ever. (I'm going to avoid saying it is without question because it's still the new shiny toy)

Do you have the other Play Arts? I still need to start off the collection with Noctis. One day perhaps. Right now I don't even have any room for displaying it sadly. Need a bigger desk. Not a fan of Nyx really though. Found his character a little narrow and not fleshed out. I really hope they do an Ardyn Play Arts figure.

16 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

It isn't too bad installing one. I only really bought it for sentimental value. I've already ripped most of it so that I can listen to it on my phone and any other means. The Regalia Collection has like 900 minutes of audio, but that's not much of a surprise considering all the songs it has for it. It was good value to me. It is probably the best FF soundtrack ever. (I'm going to avoid saying it is without question because it's still the new shiny toy)

Do you have the other Play Arts? I still need to start off the collection with Noctis. One day perhaps. Right now I don't even have any room for displaying it sadly. Need a bigger desk. Not a fan of Nyx really though. Found his character a little narrow and not fleshed out. I really hope they do an Ardyn Play Arts figure.

Oh, I know it isn't bad. I know a good bit about building PCs. Should have maybe went with a Bluray Drive when built this one. Never bothered since I have a blu-ray in my PS4/PS3. lol I heard though with these OSTs you can get a code to download them off. That reminds me that I still have to get my OST from my UCE onto my PC. Think it's the same kind of way.

I have all of the Advent Children ones before they went to Kai, they aren't as good quality though (they were also super fragile.. you did not want to be bothering changing their hands too much) but were so cheap back then.. £20 a figure, meant I could complete the collection within a day without feeling bad about just having spent £300+ on toys. lol

I have Raiden ones, they are Kais and are really good quality, got them both on sale. The figures are on sale right now so buying Prompto is kind of tempting at the moment. xD But I kind of want to wait til January and see if they do more than a 10% sale on them then. They're still very steep price at £70ish.

I would buy Ardyn Play Arts Kai the moment pre-orders opened up. With the amount of detail in him, I would say he would be £120ish if they include all his accessories (wing, hat, alt face). I would not care though, it's one I wouldn't want to chance being sold out before I could get it. Because the thing with Play Arts Kais is that they just inflate in value when they get sold out. Very hard to find sold out ones for decent price. I know, I've been hunting around for Bayonetta and she is way overpriced now compared to what she was when she was released.

Edited by DEMON

3 hours ago, DEMON said:

Reveal hidden contents

I will agree, Nyx is a lot better than Noctis, more tough and less of an annoyance. Although I do like Noctis too but you can't not say he didn't act like a spoiled brat for most of the game.

Luna.. she was meh in both. I think the only reason why you like movie Luna more is because she got a fuck ton more screen time in that.

Ardyn.. I liked both a lot. He gets super sinister at the end of the game though (more so than the movie as the movie still kind of wanted to keep a bit of mystery around him for the game, he was pretty much the only movie character that seen a lot of screentime and plot points in the game). Ardyn mainly acts more friendly at the start to not cause suspicions and he wants the bros to partially trust him and accept his help. It's important to him Noctis becomes king, if he acted like a total asshole the whole game, they would have not accepted his help and probably been stuck trying to get to Titan for ages. :P You do need to watch the movie again, the only part he seems sinister in it is when he was told to go and call the daemon back, he was just saying things like "what a pitiful waste", which was a line which made me think that he was connected to Insomina and what you know. lol

Iedolas and Regis.. that's pretty much the same reason for Luna, you see a lot more of them in it. Kingsglaive I think was really to give us some more screentime for the characters that barely seen it in-game.

Just beat Daemonwall, I sadly had to use Maxicasts (first worthwhile magic I have came across in the game.. breaks the damage limit), I was literally warping onto the teleport pad and getting sent out on it. It fucking came as a surprise when I done it. There was one more enemy and I was so careful around it to not fuck it up so I got the completion. lol That was easily one of the most frustrating things I have done in a game though.. you only get like 5 minutes on it.

I was going to look up later what are the best items to combine, but what did you use to get maxicast? 

And personally I think magic was actually useful for once compared to past Final Fantasies. It actually does damage lol. Of course once your characters are high enough it becomes less useful. 

!Warning massive Spoilers! 

True he didn't act like a spoiled brat all of the game. Just most of the game lol

As far as Ardyn the only time I actually found him sinisterish was during the actual battle at the end but only because his intentions became clear(which is almost Shakespearean with a lot of tragedy). There's just some kind of aura imo that they got right in the movie rather than the game with Ardyn where I went "he's badass, and scares the crap out of me of what he's going to do" even if he doesn't do much. Just his presence in the movie made the scene so much more tense than the game imo. Just raising his glass to Nyx friendly at the party I felt he could transform into something horrific with that aura he presents. And true he needed to act friendly, but even they were suspicious(but I think that's just a script issue where they could have done better on how the story rolls out so that's a valid point) 

Ya as far as the King and Emperor, switching voice actors didn't help. Sean Bean Penn(edit I always mix Penn and Bean :facepalm:  ) in the movie did a fantastic job as King Regis, and the voice actor for the Emperor in the movie was way way better. But it's a valid point they didn't get much game time(though they should have got way more. Especially Ledolas(he is supposed to be the enemy). 

As far as Luna, I disagree it's just because of screen time, she seemed far more bland in the game. As if someone stole her emotions, and when she did show a few it was completely unemotional to me. But in the movie although her emotions are still less than human, I felt more from what she was doing and what she would say(a short time in the leviathan part in the game where she seems determined against leviathan is the exception maybe imo). But clearly by the ending we were supposed to grow attached to luna to a certain degree. When in fact when she died I actually said (I was hoping this would happen, now Iris has a chance! Only to be disappointed by that as well :facepalm:

I could go on but the majority of the problems just stem from what is an extreme lack of scenes in the game as you said. Like 2/3rds of the scenes were left on the editing floor, making for an understandable story from start to finish, but water thin. 

Edited by Dav9834

52 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I was going to look up later what are the best items to combine, but what did you use to get maxicast? 

And personally I think magic was actually useful for once compared to past Final Fantasies. It actually does damage lol. Of course once your characters are high enough it becomes less useful. 

Hide contents

True he didn't act like a spoiled brat all of the game. Just most of the game lol

As far as Ardyn the only time I actually found him sinisterish was during the actual battle at the end but only because his intentions became clear(which is almost Shakespearean with a lot of tragedy). There's just some kind of aura imo that they got right in the movie rather than the game with Ardyn where I went "he's badass, and scares the crap out of me of what he's going to do" even if he doesn't do much. Just his presence in the movie made the scene so much more tense than the game imo. Just raising his glass to Nyx friendly at the party I felt he could transform into something horrific with that aura he presents. And true he needed to act friendly, but even they were suspicious(but I think that's just a script issue where they could have done better on how the story rolls out so that's a valid point) 

Ya as far as the King and Emperor, switching voice actors didn't help. Sean Penn in the movie did a fantastic job as King Regis, and the voice actor for the Emperor in the movie was way way better. But it's a valid point they didn't get much game time(though they should have got way more. Especially Ledolas(he is supposed to be the enemy). 

As far as Luna, I disagree it's just because of screen time, she seemed far more bland in the game. As if someone stole her emotions, and when she did show a few it was completely unemotional to me. But in the movie although her emotions are still less than human, I felt more from what she was doing and what she would say(a short time in the leviathan part in the game where she seems determined against leviathan is the exception maybe imo). But clearly by the ending we were supposed to grow attached to luna to a certain degree. When in fact when she died I actually said (I was hoping this would happen, now Iris has a chance! Only to be disappointed by that as well :facepalm:

I could go on but the majority of the problems just stem from what is an extreme lack of scenes in the game as you said. Like 2/3rds of the scenes were left on the editing floor, making for an understandable story from start to finish, but water thin. 

You need Zu Beaks for it. I had about 3 so I got several of them.

I actually rarely used magic in this game. That was like my first time relying on it. xD I'm more into the hack n' slash styled gameplay honestly and I can do it quite well. :)

He was pretty sinister in Chapter 12 to Chapter 13. That's when he started revealing a lot about himself. Some of the plot holes I want to know is what his and Gentiana's relationship is (in the Japanese version, he says something like "You're as beautiful as you were back then." while in the English version and the subs he just says "Same face the day you - (died?)". I don't know, both of those sentences are way too different honestly). And who exactly Izunia was, like if it was a brother or cousin or just someone else completely, some say he was the jealous king, I feel like Ardyn needs his own DLC to clear some of these plot holes up, I feel like any character they placed plot holes with, are going to get DLC. They were going to be suspicious of him anyways because of his posistion with the Empire but they never acted on them as he didn't really give them reason to.

Yea, I would say that some of the voice actors they had on board for Kingsglaive were maybe out of their budget for the game. But still, I think they did a really good job on both.

I just really hated Luna from the get-go. She was a useless character that just got in the way to me. When Ardyn came and stabbed her, it was like, yes, you're my favorite character for sure now xD (when I really hate a character, I just wish they get killed off). Also, Iris, really? :P Although that makes more sense now since I think AraneaxPrompto is a much better couple. Gladio could have married Noctis.. I have enough photos of them two to make a Yaoi doujinshi with! Although yea.. that wouldn't happen of course. :awesome: So yea, NoctisxIris if Noctis survived would have been best bet then. Although I think Noctis sees her as the annoying little sister type.

Yea, well we're getting updates to add cutscenes.. of Ravus anyways for definite who is my second favorite (I like all the bad guys I know lol, although he isn't bad.. and he was much better than his sister Luna).

Just took down a Lv. 120 boss.. was surprisedly more easier than that Lv. 110 boss from a hunt and much easier than Daemon Wall (hunt version).

Edited by DEMON

2 hours ago, DEMON said:

You need Zu Beaks for it. I had about 3 so I got several of them.

I actually rarely used magic in this game. That was like my first time relying on it. xD I'm more into the hack n' slash styled gameplay honestly and I can do it quite well. :)

Hide contents

He was pretty sinister in Chapter 12 to Chapter 13. That's when he started revealing a lot about himself. Some of the plot holes I want to know is what his and Gentiana's relationship is (in the Japanese version, he says something like "You're as beautiful as you were back then." while in the English version and the subs he just says "Same face the day you - (died?)". I don't know, both of those sentences are way too different honestly). And who exactly Izunia was, like if it was a brother or cousin or just someone else completely, some say he was the jealous king, I feel like Ardyn needs his own DLC to clear some of these plot holes up, I feel like any character they placed plot holes with, are going to get DLC. They were going to be suspicious of him anyways because of his posistion with the Empire but they never acted on them as he didn't really give them reason to.

Yea, I would say that some of the voice actors they had on board for Kingsglaive were maybe out of their budget for the game. But still, I think they did a really good job on both.

I just really hated Luna from the get-go. She was a useless character that just got in the way to me. When Ardyn came and stabbed her, it was like, yes, you're my favorite character for sure now xD (when I really hate a character, I just wish they get killed off). Also, Iris, really? :P Although that makes more sense now since I think AraneaxPrompto is a much better couple. Gladio could have married Noctis.. I have enough photos of them two to make a Yaoi doujinshi with! Although yea.. that wouldn't happen of course. :awesome: So yea, NoctisxIris if Noctis survived would have been best bet then. Although I think Noctis sees her as the annoying little sister type.

Yea, well we're getting updates to add cutscenes.. of Ravus anyways for definite who is my second favorite (I like all the bad guys I know lol, although he isn't bad.. and he was much better than his sister Luna).

Just took down a Lv. 120 boss.. was surprisedly more easier than that Lv. 110 boss from a hunt and much easier than Daemon Wall (hunt version).

Ya I didn't use magic as much as physical, but when I first did(a good one) I was completely blown away by how much dmg it did in a small time. It got me through clock tower at chapter 3 lol. I never have more than 1 flask with magic though. I always make it on the spot depending on the situation. And they give you a dozen or something lol. 

Ya I agree, thankfully/hopefully the dlc will clear a lot up. 

Edited by Dav9834