Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

I'm enjoying FFXV so far. Couldn't play much of it because I was at my dad's beach condo with him and my stepmom for Hanunkah nights 1,2 and 4 when we celebrated it with the family at my deceased grandmother's house.

Spoiler

I am currently at the part where I'm supposed to talk to Monica after gaining the first two Armiger weapons.

I have been a fan of Final Fantasy since FF7 during the era of the PS1 and other 90s game systems. So if I were to compare FFXV and Persona 5, I would say FFXV is my most favorited game of the year and I don't play Persona because most of the series is M rated and I don't like to play M rated games.

I will use the spoiler tag regarding the upcoming DLC as some people here, probably haven't complete the game yet.

Spoiler

Iris, Aranea and Cor will become playable characters as part of the final multiplayer DLC. We also come to learn that Iris is 15, Aranea is 30, Cor is 45 and Cidney is 26. The developers also want to include Luna as a DLC character but they are not sure if that will be possible.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12/29/final-fantasy-xv-changes-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-explained-info-characters-shared/

26 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

I will use the spoiler tag regarding the upcoming DLC as some people here, probably haven't complete the game yet.

Hide contents

Iris, Aranea and Cor will become playable characters as part of the final multiplayer DLC. We also come to learn that Iris is 15, Aranea is 30, Cor is 45 and Cidney is 26. The developers also want to include Luna as a DLC character but they are not sure if that will be possible.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12/29/final-fantasy-xv-changes-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-explained-info-characters-shared/

Aranea is 30?! I heard about Iris and Cindy. I had actually expected Cindy to be older. xD

RIP the Noctis x Iris fans though.

Edited by DEMON

7 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Reveal hidden contents

Aranea is 30?! I heard about Iris and Cindy. I had actually expected Cindy to be older. xD

RIP the Noctis x Iris fans though.

Spoiler

Yeah, Aranea being 30 years old is weird, i though she was on her 20s. As for Iris we all knew she was very young, but i though they were going make her 18 at the very least. Thankfully, Noctis already had a relationship with Luna, otherwise it would have been jail time for him. xD

1 minute ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Hide contents

Yeah, Aranea being 30 years old is weird, i though she was on her 20s. As for Iris we all knew she was very young, but i though they were going make her 18 at the very least. Thankfully, Noctis already had a relationship with Luna, otherwise it would have been jail time for him. xD

Iris was more into Noctis than he was into her. :P (we can now ship Ardyn and Aranea.. :o)

Edited by DEMON

Spoiler

Here's some additional FF XV Ultimanatia scans & information that has been translated by Gamefaqs (yeah that place is a trolling fest, but sometimes it can be useful)

Prime Minister of Accordo is 48

Loqi is on his early 20s

The guy who gives you a couple of fishing rods by completing his fishing quest is actually the father of the female chef at Mother of Pearl.

On another note it didn't take long for Iris very young age to be turned into a meme, here's a fake Japanese article reporting that Noctis got caught with 15 years old on a motel.

IFVQ5L0

RANJX5a

nk809cU

3vWQTvG

70SZhOW

32 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Reveal hidden contents

Here's some additional FF XV Ultimanatia scans & information that has been translated by Gamefaqs (yeah that place is a trolling fest, but sometimes it can be useful)

Prime Minister of Accordo is 48

Loqi is on his early 20s

The guy who gives you a couple of fishing rods by completing his fishing quest is actually the father of the female chef at Mother of Pearl.

On another note it didn't take long for Iris very young age to be turned into a meme, here's a fake Japanese article reporting that Noctis got caught with 15 years old on a motel.

IFVQ5L0

RANJX5a

nk809cU

3vWQTvG

70SZhOW

Looking at Ardyn's page here.. I don't exactly get how his age is unknown (well, should be since he's 700-2000 years old) but yet it shows 34 years in his biography. Unless it meant to be his timeline of Niflheim or something (from what I can read anyways).. but that's what age I estimated he stop aging at.. so whatever works.. lol

I also feel like the heights are way off from what they actually look in-game.

Edited by DEMON

39 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Not worth investing 333/555/999AP on a single skill that early on, unless you're the type of gamer who do everything and grind to oblivion before progressing in story.

Well, I am trying to unlock all skills to get some trophies as well as get stronger to help me take on tough enemies. Plus, I had the Holiday Packs Normal and Plus DLC using the items to help me out. Yeah, I like DLC, so sue me! xD

6 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Well, I am trying to unlock all skills to get some trophies as well as get stronger to help me take on tough enemies. Plus, I had the Holiday Packs Normal and Plus DLC using the items to help me out. Yeah, I like DLC, so sue me! xD

Never said anything about a DLC but whatever.

That said, and again, most triple-digit AP skills aren't worth the hassle especially early on, considering that you can use that AP to gain several more skills.

Edited by jaehyun1009

3 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Could someone please tell me if...

Hide contents

You get locked out of Altissia at all. Or can you use Umbra to get back?  I'd like to carry on with the story but don't want to miss anything.

You can go back, though it isn't until well into chapter 13 you can call Umbra again.

On 12/31/2016 at 10:04 AM, MMX20 said:

Hey, question. I'm currently on Chapter 3 and I'm wondering what Ascesion skill I should raise? Health is most important and I need 333 AP to unlock the final node for Health. Should I unlock the Health III node early game?

I'd suggest getting those Exploration skills, like the ones for gaining AP for trips in the car, making camp, etc. They'll obviously make it easier to get more AP. As for other suggestions, it depends on your playstyle. Getting some of Noctis's Combat skills would be good, like Light Phase (reduce MP cost of Phasing), and I'm a fan of Airstep. Also get some of the Techniques and Teamwork skills. Ignis's Regroup is a must if you don't already have it. I'd suggest Link Up, but I always try to Blindside the enemies and get Link Strikes. If you're a fan of Magic, grab Powercraft and Elementalism. You say you want Health, so Health Level 1 should be a good investment. I wouldn't worry about getting 2 and 3 yet. Heck, I'm at the endgame and still haven't gotten either one. Oh, and get the second Accessory slots for everybody too. Hope that helps!

1 minute ago, DEMON said:

Noctis showing the guns.

Spoiler

Gentiana showing up suddenly is the one that made me laugh the most. He rarely does this pose and now she shows up lmao. It's too much for me. :lol: I just had to call it a day for this game lmao. 

Imagine Ardyn doing the flexing doe :ninja: 

BTW this should be on TP for the whole month or so lel.

15844121_1200974473350468_61156599875565

• Like 3

Just now, Ken Kaneki said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Gentiana showing up suddenly is the one that made me laugh the most. He rarely does this pose and now she shows up lmao. It's too much for me. :lol: I just had to call it a day for this game lmao. 

Imagine Ardyn doing the flexing doe :ninja: 

BTW this should be on TP for the whole month or so lel.

Go to my GFX thread and check the last post.. actually, here's the link. :P

On 1/1/2017 at 7:52 PM, Aranea Highwind said:

Someone has been kind enough to upload the FF XV Drama with English sub. This takes place before FF XV story begins.

Reveal hidden contents

Iris: Can i come to your room today too?

Noctis: The one here?

Iris: No. Your apartment.

Noctis: No way.

Iris: C'mon

The thirst is real lol.

This was an awesome listen! I wish there was more dialog in the game like this. 

2 hours ago, Ken Kaneki said:

OK.... That's enough FFXV for a while......

@NEV @DEMON @Undead Wolf @Shiki @Satoshi Ookami @Kongou @Masamune @Xeliot @Saionji @Tali @Urbandonment @Dragon-Archon @Rose_Dark

@Dav9834

Reveal hidden contents

15800344_10209962603613161_6054254160684

Speak for yourself, I can still play this game for a long time :P