Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

Just now, DEMON said:

Looked a site and we don't get them til January when the carnival is on.

Then this update is pretty much meh. I'm on New Game+ and I'm bored already, they should've at least included an extreme difficulty or something. 

Just now, Xeliot said:

Then this update is pretty much meh. I'm on New Game+ and I'm bored already, they should've at least included an extreme difficulty or something. 

I'm going to be playing New Game + for story reasons only. I don't know though if I want to do these extra dungeons that I unlocked. Do you know if your progress in dungeons and what not, remains intact? I would figure not as people say New Game + is awesome for duplicates of best equipment (although a lot of it is only useful for Noctis.. there is no reason at all to have more Black Hoods for the rest of the party I don't think).

3 minutes ago, DEMON said:

I'm going to be playing New Game + for story reasons only. I don't know though if I want to do these extra dungeons that I unlocked. Do you know if your progress in dungeons and what not, remains intact? I would figure not as people say New Game + is awesome for duplicates of best equipment (although a lot of it is only useful for Noctis.. there is no reason at all to have more Black Hoods for the rest of the party I don't think).

Hunts, Dungeons, Regalia Type F all reset. End game dungeons aren't that fun anyway except for Pitioss.

Just now, Xeliot said:

Hunts, Dungeons, Regalia Type F all reset. End game dungeons aren't that fun anyway except for Pitioss.

Hmmm.. k, I will do those dungeons before doing New Game + then. I plan to do a speed run of the story with the missable side quests as well as checking all the lore and streaming it on Twitch.. maybe getting it done within a couple of days.

7 hours ago, DEMON said:

Hide contents

Ardyn's final form got cut. :( But yea, I love his daemon form too.. I would make a signature/avatar with it if it weren't a giant spoiler to be running about with. lol I hope the later updates do Ardyn justice and give him his final form because goddamnit! I wanted to know what that looked like!

Also, Ultimecia doesn't really transform.. she more or less merges with Griever. Ardyn would have been a transformation though into his full daemon form whatever that looked like.. (we may never know T_T).

Spoiler

Same here, I would also like to make a signature and avatar for Noctis (the one from ending), but I don't know if everyone will notice I'm using an avy of him that has different hairstyle and then they would be asking why he's wearing different clothes. So I decided to use an avy of Noct when he's a little kid.

15 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

I actually thought the platinum was a little easy. Wish they put more end game trophies in. But I'm happy with my #20 trophy! :D

Yep, that's exactly why i mentioned to "Demon" in the post about the Randolph quests and also the menace dungeons. The game is awesome and filled with great content but it's just sad to me at least that like to hunt trophies, that the most difficult parts of the game has none trophies attached to it :( but no sadness right? i recorded the last two videos last night and as always any insight will be deeply appreciated.

15 hours ago, DEMON said:

It was your 20th platinum too? :highfive:

It will be my 125 :D i'll pop the plat soon as i take off with the regalia while listening to "Terra's Theme". By the way i recorded the last two videos i wanted you guys to see and one of then is Adamantoise, if you like the video and feel will be a worthy addition to the guide, feel free to use him on it, i'll be very happy to be part of it and if it helps people here, the better. i used two strategies, and even he being weak to heavy weapons, the daggers were very useful because the limit break fills quicker with each hit

Edited by Mah2c

5 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Yep, that's exactly why i mentioned to "Demon" in the post about the Randolph quests and also the menace dungeons. The game is awesome and filled with great content but it's just sad to me at least that like to hunt trophies, that the most difficult parts of the game has none trophies attached to it :( but no sadness right? i recorded the last two videos last night and as always any insight will be deeply appreciated.

Your time is nice for adamantoise! I read if you use daggers(the ones that drop in the optional dungeon) you'll do more dps than warp striking(supposedly). I see you have the crit always active so I think you can do it in less time! Farm that bad boy! My time was like 30min(chose defense over crit :facepalm: regretted not going for always crit 2 min in the fight.)

6 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Your time is nice for adamantoise! I read if you use daggers(the ones that drop in the optional dungeon) you'll do more dps than warp striking(supposedly). I see you have the crit always active so I think you can do it in less time! Farm that bad boy! My time was like 30min(chose defense over crit :facepalm: regretted not going for always crit 2 min in the fight.)

That's exactly what i did, if you ever check the video you will notice that i did the two strategies, and daggers are way better because you can also fill the limit break quicker than just doing warp strikes with the heavy weapons.

This one on the other hand i had to be quick and aware of everything, also one of the bosses i felt that would be so great with a trophy, but oh well, at least we can play then and they were a lot of fun

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

That's exactly what i did, if you ever check the video you will notice that i did the two strategies, and daggers are way better because you can also fill the limit break quicker than just doing warp strikes with the heavy weapons.

This one on the other hand i had to be quick and aware of everything, also one of the bosses i felt that would be so great with a trophy, but oh well, at least we can play then and they were a lot of fun

Ahh sorry I watched for about 4 minutes! I know how long the fight is lol

Another thing I noticed is it's insanely easy to keep the combo high with daggers. What is it double dmg every 100 hits? I just remember always keeping it in the hundreds and my dmg would scale crazy. (though the lack of the best daggers and low crit still hurt a lot). It was the first time playing the game I realized hit combos actually mean something lolol

Ya oddly it's just a long fight, it doesn't actually challenge you imo compared to the ones Randolph gives you. I hope the future dlc adds trophies to endgame content, even if it's separate from the platinum 

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So,since both games are released,can someone compare FF XV vs Persona 5?No spoilers though please

3 hours ago, Xeliot said:

FFXV is an action RPG. Persona is a turn-based RPG. Can't compare the two.

Also, Persona 5 isn't even out yet to the western side of the world.

And really, you cannot compare the two. The only FF that can really be compared with Persona is FFX which uses a turn based system. The rest nearly have an active one.

2 hours ago, Mah2c said:

It will be my 125 :D i'll pop the plat soon as i take off with the regalia while listening to "Terra's Theme". By the way i recorded the last two videos i wanted you guys to see and one of then is Adamantoise, if you like the video and feel will be a worthy addition to the guide, feel free to use him on it, i'll be very happy to be part of it and if it helps people here, the better. i used two strategies, and even he being weak to heavy weapons, the daggers were very useful because the limit break fills quicker with each hit

Thanks for the videos but I like to write my guides in text really, I don't like relying on videos to get a point made.. I find it mad annoying when I have to click on a video myself to find out how to do mechanics of a difficult boss fight in the game tbh so it's kind of why I like to avoid them. :) I will maybe fight the Adamantoise again with strategies I have heard of (seen some guy defeated it within 10 minutes with the daggers) and update the guide with whatever I find works but ideally I like making a strategy of what you could use as soon as you reach end game as not everyone who's going for the platinum also cares about doing some of the harder stuff in the game (sad but true).

I found Nagflar super easy. His attacks are easily dodged and he's very easy to get behind.. if you want a tough one.. go and fight Ayakashi. His attacks all do 9999 damage near enough, he's one of those annoying Yojimbo type enemies. Lv. 110. Besides Daemonwall, he did give me a challenge kind of (he was easily cheaped on since no enrage timer, you could just keep using Mega Phoenixs/Elixirs to keep your party up).

Edited by DEMON

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So,since both games are released,can someone compare FF XV vs Persona 5?No spoilers though please

Considering we can only talk about Japan.

P5 became the best-selling Atlus game with almost 500k.

FFXV did not sell 1M in Japan yet after almost month of release.

So... what we already knew, FFXV is more for west, P5 somehow stayed in Japan. 

The main reason is what others said, turn-based x action-based.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Considering we can only talk about Japan.

P5 became the best-selling Atlus game with almost 500k.

FFXV did not sell 1M in Japan yet after almost month of release.

So... what we already knew, FFXV is more for west, P5 somehow stayed in Japan. 

The main reason is what others said, turn-based x action-based.

Something tells me that i will like P5 more than FFXV.I couldn't even watch the movie through the end

48 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Something tells me that i will like P5 more than FFXV.I couldn't even watch the movie through the end

I think I'm gonna be in the same boat as you. As much as FFXV looks cool, I'm way more excited to play Persona 5. It's much more like your traditional JRPG which I love. I'm gonna be playing that on day one for sure! :) As for FFXV, I'll just wait until they finish patching it.