Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

2 minutes ago, Ken Kaneki said:

@DEMON

So what's the story behind

Hide contents

Scrapping Ardyn's final form?

Also I was wondering what that big thing on his clothing was.... I thought it was a weapon or something lol. 

I think it has something to do with they were running out of time as it seemed like it was going to be a really massive fight. He seemly was going to have a form for each of the 13 Royal Arms. Pretty much, he was going to look like Neo Exdeath fully. And no, that's just a leather wing, but his daemon form was stated to have wings at his hips.. kind of like Darkstalkers Morrigan. I'm so upset that was cut and just had to do the trash king justice.

And no. That was just a wing. I think it was literally something so fans would compare him to Sephiroth or some shit.

Edited by DEMON

2 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Hide contents

I think it has something to do with they were running out of time as it seemed like it was going to be a really massive fight. He seemly was going to have a form for each of the 13 Royal Arms. Pretty much, he was going to look like Neo Exdeath fully. And no, that's just a leather wing, but his daemon form was stated to have wings at his hips.. kind of like Darkstalkers Morrigan. I'm so upset that was cut and just had to do the trash king justice.

And no. That was just a wing. I think it was literally something so fans would compare him to Sephiroth or some shit.

Spoiler

Oh wow that could have been so much better than the fight we had with him and his final form is just wow, so bad ass. I don't mind if he takes like a hour or more to beat. Such a waste of material.

LOL why compare him to Sephiroth.

Do you think in the future DLCs, the whole City of Altissia will be available? It suppose to be a grand city but what we get is like just a small piece of it... The Colosseum was pretty fun but I wish they keep changing the monster choices and not use the previous ones I just saw.

9 minutes ago, Ken Kaneki said:
  Hide contents

Oh wow that could have been so much better than the fight we had with him and his final form is just wow, so bad ass. I don't mind if he takes like a hour or more to beat. Such a waste of material.

LOL why compare him to Sephiroth.

Do you think in the future DLCs, the whole City of Altissia will be available? It suppose to be a grand city but what we get is like just a small piece of it... The Colosseum was pretty fun but I wish they keep changing the monster choices and not use the previous ones I just saw.

Yep. :< Apparently Roberto Ferrari who designed a lot of these characters is pissed about it too. Umbra and Pryna were suppose to have human forms as well.

This was Umbra's:
tumblr_oiqjmvaxO41vzt0ljo1_100.jpg

Ikr.. Ardyn could kick Sephiroth's ass. I can't wait for Dissidia now.

Ignis' episode is meant to be there and I want to know who blinded him. I think it was Ardyn.. every Ardyn fan wants to believe that actually. xD I haven't even done the Colosseum yet. I'm saving it really for the last thing tbh.

3 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

I disagree. Kingsglaive bored me, but I'm loving FFXV.

If he doesn't at least watch Kingsglaive though, he'll be missing out important plot points and would be confused when he goes to play the game though.

Edited by DEMON

Just now, DEMON said:

Hide contents

Yep. :< Apparently Roberto Ferrari who designed a lot of these characters is pissed about it too. Umbra and Pryna were suppose to have human forms as well.

This was Umbra's:

tumblr_oiqjmvaxO41vzt0ljo1_100.jpg

Ikr.. Ardyn could kick Sephiroth's ass. I can't wait for Dissidia now.

Ignis' episode is meant to be there and I want to know who blinded him. I think it was Ardyn.. every Ardyn fan wants to believe that actually. xD I haven't even done the Colosseum yet. I'm saving it really for the last thing tbh.

Spoiler

Whut? OMG now I'm started to get disappointed with the game (story wise). So much material wasted, Umbra definitely is husbando material but that got scrapped because SE wanted to release this game so badly..... He could've been a party member too... Sigh....

OMG Ardyn in Dissidia would be fun to see. I wonder if his special would be an Arminger Rush or something the same...

I see... Damn Iggy, I felt bad for him after that incident but he's like the mature one in the group that's why I love him the most xD. (Though I love him because of "THAT'S IT") 

Yeah I think I heard theories that he knew where Ardyn's ship was. That scene where Luna healed Ardyn's hand before the Leviathan fight was a clue.... I think? xD 

Oh right I want more of those fights..... The Leviathan fight was very enjoyable, for me. Hell Prompto still got a shot of Leviathan even though he was riding a damn rocket lmao. 

39 minutes ago, Ken Kaneki said:

@DEMON

So what's the story behind

Reveal hidden contents

Scrapping Ardyn's final form?

Also I was wondering what that big thing on his clothing was.... I thought it was a weapon or something lol. 

There was a 4chan leak going around a while before the game came out, which turned out to be pretty much dead on the money, except one of the few things he got "wrong" is that you got to fight the monster version of Ardyn. You can see it in neogaf thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181

Given the pin-point accuracy of most of his/her other things that got leaked, I can only imagine that it was actually a thing until it got scrapped later on.

Edited by jaehyun1009

15 minutes ago, Ken Kaneki said:

Reveal hidden contents

Whut? OMG now I'm started to get disappointed with the game (story wise). So much material wasted, Umbra definitely is husbando material but that got scrapped because SE wanted to release this game so badly..... He could've been a party member too... Sigh....

OMG Ardyn in Dissidia would be fun to see. I wonder if his special would be an Arminger Rush or something the same...

I see... Damn Iggy, I felt bad for him after that incident but he's like the mature one in the group that's why I love him the most xD. (Though I love him because of "THAT'S IT") 

Yeah I think I heard theories that he knew where Ardyn's ship was. That scene where Luna healed Ardyn's hand before the Leviathan fight was a clue.... I think? xD 

Oh right I want more of those fights..... The Leviathan fight was very enjoyable, for me. Hell Prompto still got a shot of Leviathan even though he was riding a damn rocket lmao. 

tumblr_oim8uvcSYO1rhp24xo1_540.png

I plan to draw Umbra in that form. :3

Yep. *_* I want him to have a taunt like Dudley's from SFIII where he kicks you as you're down and walks away all smug. I will finish each match with that.

I know I was so sad too. I look forward to Prompto's episode. I also have a good theory for how Verstael dies (if he dies); Ardyn lets the rogue MTs loose on him. Being killed by his own creations, that will be the best death for that toad and that's when I realized I'm as fucked up as Tabata.

Yea, Ignis knowing what Ardyn's ship was.. I was like.. Ignis.. how did you know.. is there something special about Ardyn's ship? I NEED TO KNOW! (as really I don't think there is.. it's not like Aranea's which is red).

Yea, I loved the Leviathan fight. So many complain about it.. can't please some people. And yea, Prompto's photo skills are unmatched.

13 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Hide contents

There was a 4chan leak going around a while before the game came out, which turned out to be pretty much dead on the money, except one of the few things he got "wrong" is that you got to fight the monster version of Ardyn. You can see it in neogaf thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233181

Given the pin-point accuracy of most of his/her other predictions, I can only imagine that it was actually a thing until it got scrapped later on.

It was a thing. They later came back to 4chan.. or someone who was part of the development and said that it had been scrapped early 2016. Then again, he came and give information on what it looked like. Plus people think Roberto Ferrari has been showing artwork himself. Someone I know got in contact with him (he has a FB) and before that Umbra artwork even was leaked, he had told them that the dogs had human forms.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Reveal hidden contents

It was a thing. They later came back to 4chan.. or someone who was part of the development and said that it had been scrapped early 2016. Then again, he came and give information on what it looked like. Plus people think Roberto Ferrari has been showing artwork himself. Someone I know got in contact with him (he has a FB) and before that Umbra artwork even was leaked, he had told them that the dogs had human forms.

Not just that, but there seems to be a lot of cut content in this game in general. There's a whole another side of Altissia (and allegedly Cartanica) that looked fairly complete but is currently inaccessible without using glitches. Maybe they'll be used for future DLC content.

Also, Luna was supposed to get more character development as well but a lot of her scenes like getting abused when she was younger, says she wants to win over approval of Noctis, were cut out because those scenes would make her look weaker, apparently.

As things stand she's nothing more than a device to drive the plot along, which is sad because she had a lot of potential.

Edited by jaehyun1009

2 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Not just that, but there seems to be a lot of cut content in this game in general. There's a whole another side of Altissia (and allegedly Cartanica) that looked fairly complete but is currently inaccessible without using glitches.

*snip*

Hide contents

Luna was supposed to get more character development as well but a lot of her scenes like getting abused when she was younger, says she wants to win over approval of Noctis, were cut out because 

I reckon that side may be used for Ignis' episode then.

The Luna abuse scenes (and possibly young Ravus too), were cut due to age ratings. I think though they could still touch on the subject though.

4 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Hide contents

I reckon that side may be used for Ignis' episode then.

The Luna abuse scenes (and possibly young Ravus too), were cut due to age ratings. I think though they could still touch on the subject though.

You're right about Ignis DLC, that's what I think too. I also reckon the carnival might also be there.

Allegedly there's also an entire ice area/dungeon (shiva) that got scrapped too, which might be revived with Prompto DLC.

Edited by jaehyun1009

13 minutes ago, entonces55 said:

Did anyone think the leviathan fight was downright awful?

Yeah, I didn't like it. I don't know if I was too overleveled or what, but I basically warped around the place for a bit until Noctis went Super Saiyan and then I just held the attack button for the rest of the fight. Honestly, I don't even know if you can die during that fight or if it's entirely scripted...

It wasn't nearly as awful as the Adamantoise, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaehyun1009 said:
  Hide contents

You're right about Ignis DLC, that's what I think too. I also reckon the carnival might also be there.

Allegedly there's also an entire ice area/dungeon (shiva) that got scrapped too, which might be revived with Prompto DLC.

I say a huge part of Prompto's DLC would be him wandering about in the snow area. Then being captured by Ardyn, finding out about his father Verstael and then discovering he was meant to be a MT. I'm gonna be super sad.. and conflicted about that DLC as it's Prompto being tortured pretty much but then.. there's Ardyn (my favorite character lol but Prompto is my favorite bro).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Reveal hidden contents

I say a huge part of Prompto's DLC would be him wandering about in the snow area. Then being captured by Ardyn, finding out about his father Verstael and then discovering he was meant to be a MT. I'm gonna be super sad.. and conflicted about that DLC as it's Prompto being tortured pretty much but then.. there's Ardyn (my favorite character lol but Prompto is my favorite bro).

Ardyn is an intriguing character for sure (would say one of the better FF villains for sure), which is made possible because he's the only character alongside the bros who got some semblance of character development. I still want to know more about him though, did he used to be a nice guy before his demise like your usual tragic villain or was he always sort of an asshole like Handsome Jack from BL? My head canon is that long ago he went on a journey similar to Noctis except he went alone, and what happened in the Omen trailer is basically what happened to Ardyn, which is why he keeps taunting Noctis about being alone in cht13. I could be missing a key piece of information that would invalidate my theory/headcanon, though.

Edited by jaehyun1009

2 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Hide contents

Ardyn, along with the bros, is the only character who got a semblance of character development

I still want to know more about Ardyn though, did he used to be a nice guy before his demise like your usual tragic villain or was he always sort of an asshole like Handsome Jack from BL? My head canon is that long ago he went on a journey similar to Noctis except he went alone, and what happened in the Omen trailer is basically what happened to Ardyn, which is why he keeps taunting Noctis about being alone in cht13. I could be missing a key piece of information that would invalidate my theory/headcanon, though.

Yes, he used to be good. In the Ultimania it actually states he was a king of some civilization before Insomina was even built.. 2000 years ago (and it used Magitek, so he's been using that technology for years.. maybe not built in the same way Niflheim's was though - and apparently he built the old wall and the statues you see in Kingsglaive). He was a healer too, like Luna. He took in the daemon disease which came from a meteor that Ifrit caused. He was issued by the gods to do this. Then when he came to claim the power of the crystal and become true king (he was just like Noctis, he was destined to become the true king), they rejected him because of the daemons and made him immortal as they did not want him in the afterlife at all.

Then either a relative (most people's favorite theory is his brother is the one who did this and that who Izunia was.. so he's like Noctis' super great Uncle) or a different king entirely came, turned the people against him, shown them the monster he became and executed him (there's actually official art of Ardyn in the CE Art Book.. like very religious looking artwork, where he's being praised by people and then there's another picture where he's basically being tortured/executed).. this is what he meant by "banish me once more" to Noctis in the end.

He has a really tragic backstory and I say it would even be enough for a full prequel game, I would love to see this in more depth.. they actually hardly touched on this in the game.. Ardyn just explained to Noctis before the crystal about this all, but he wasn't super clear on it. Makes me wonder if they do have more for Ardyn planned.

13 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Hide contents

Yes, he used to be good. In the Ultimania it actually states he was a king of some civilization before Insomina was even built.. 2000 years ago (and it used Magitek, so he's been using that technology for years.. maybe not built in the same way Niflheim's was though - and apparently he built the old wall and the statues you see in Kingsglaive). He was a healer too, like Luna. He took in the daemon disease which came from a meteor that Ifrit caused. He was issued by the gods to do this. Then when he came to claim the power of the crystal and become true king (he was just like Noctis, he was destined to become the true king), they rejected him because of the daemons and made him immortal as they did not want him in the afterlife at all.

Then either a relative (most people's favorite theory is his brother is the one who did this and that who Izunia was.. so he's like Noctis' super great Uncle) or a different king entirely came, turned the people against him, shown them the monster he became and executed him (there's actually official art of Ardyn in the CE Art Book.. like very religious looking artwork, where he's being praised by people and then there's another picture where he's basically being tortured/executed).. this is what he meant by "banish me once more" to Noctis in the end.

He has a really tragic backstory and I say it would even be enough for a full prequel game, I would love to see this in more depth.. they actually hardly touched on this in the game.. Ardyn just explained to Noctis before the crystal about this all, but he wasn't super clear on it. Makes me wonder if they do have more for Ardyn planned.

About "Izunia" though, I've heard conflicting reports on this. Your theory seems to be the most popular one I've read, but I've heard that in the JP version of the game, Ardyn says Izunia is an insignificant throwaway name (apparently Izunia is a play on words on Japanese for "weasel") that he randomly adopted along many other fake aliases that he used.

3 minutes ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Hide contents

About "Izunia" though, I've heard conflicting reports on this. Your theory seems to be the most popular one I've read, but I've heard that in the JP version of the game, Ardyn says Izunia is an insignificant throwaway name (apparently Izunia is a play on words on Japanese for "weasel") that he randomly adopted along many other fake aliases that he used.

In the Japanese/German translation, he also implies he's forgotten where he got the name from. But let's remember these were events that happened 2000 years ago (like he could have simply forgot.. which I would say is humiliating for his old enemy). Could be still very possibly Izunia was some important figure that he took it from when he was rejected and probably casted out of the Lucis Caelum line. At least.. I like to think Izunia has some importance. I think he took the name in spite. lol Spite is what has fuelled him all those years pretty much.

Edited by DEMON

3 hours ago, DEMON said:

Hide contents

In the Japanese/German translation, he also implies he's forgotten where he got the name from. But let's remember these were events that happened 2000 years ago (like he could have simply forgot.. which I would say is humiliating for his old enemy). Could be still very possibly Izunia was some important figure that he took it from when he was rejected and probably casted out of the Lucis Caelum line. At least.. I like to think Izunia has some importance. I think he took the name in spite. lol Spite is what has fuelled him all those years pretty much.

That's possible... though sadly it's not really clear, maybe it's part of the "it's up to your imagination" kind of thing.