Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

On 12/22/2016 at 0:35 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Considering we can only talk about Japan.

P5 became the best-selling Atlus game with almost 500k.

FFXV did not sell 1M in Japan yet after almost month of release.

So... what we already knew, FFXV is more for west, P5 somehow stayed in Japan. 

The main reason is what others said, turn-based x action-based.

But Japan DID sell 600k units of FFXV in a first day, that's what it says in wikipedia. And besides I don't think FFXV is "more" for the west, it's more for the whole world.

Anyway, I'm also totally looking forward for P5!!!

Edited by NEV
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 10:41 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Something tells me that i will like P5 more than FFXV.I couldn't even watch the movie through the end

It all comes down to the type of story or person you are. And if you played the other Personas, you just already feel more attached to the game than XV. FF may be a series but every game are theirs alone. A whole new cast of characters and story theme. Persona had been the same thing since.. like 1. Familiarity always win....

Edited by Fing3rButt3r3
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 2:55 PM, DEMON said:

Thanks for the videos but I like to write my guides in text really, I don't like relying on videos to get a point made.. I find it mad annoying when I have to click on a video myself to find out how to do mechanics of a difficult boss fight in the game tbh so it's kind of why I like to avoid them. :) I will maybe fight the Adamantoise again with strategies I have heard of (seen some guy defeated it within 10 minutes with the daggers) and update the guide with whatever I find works but ideally I like making a strategy of what you could use as soon as you reach end game as not everyone who's going for the platinum also cares about doing some of the harder stuff in the game (sad but true).

I found Nagflar super easy. His attacks are easily dodged and he's very easy to get behind.. if you want a tough one.. go and fight Ayakashi. His attacks all do 9999 damage near enough, he's one of those annoying Yojimbo type enemies. Lv. 110. Besides Daemonwall, he did give me a challenge kind of (he was easily cheaped on since no enrage timer, you could just keep using Mega Phoenixs/Elixirs to keep your party up).

Off course, no problem at all :D as for the bosses I agree with you. I recently tried the daemonwall and he was indeed a massive pain, again i would love if any of those had a trophy but i'm glad we have then regardless. 

And i can also confirm this, on the video i started with the usual strategy of heavy weapons and shows how long it would take. Then i switch to daggers and the flow of limit break also enhances, making the fight way more fun and best of all, quicker,

On 12/22/2016 at 2:55 PM, DEMON said:

Thanks for the videos but I like to write my guides in text really, I don't like relying on videos to get a point made.. I find it mad annoying when I have to click on a video myself to find out how to do mechanics of a difficult boss fight in the game tbh so it's kind of why I like to avoid them. :) I will maybe fight the Adamantoise again with strategies I have heard of (seen some guy defeated it within 10 minutes with the daggers) and update the guide with whatever I find works but ideally I like making a strategy of what you could use as soon as you reach end game as not everyone who's going for the platinum also cares about doing some of the harder stuff in the game (sad but true).

I found Nagflar super easy. His attacks are easily dodged and he's very easy to get behind.. if you want a tough one.. go and fight Ayakashi. His attacks all do 9999 damage near enough, he's one of those annoying Yojimbo type enemies. Lv. 110. Besides Daemonwall, he did give me a challenge kind of (he was easily cheaped on since no enrage timer, you could just keep using Mega Phoenixs/Elixirs to keep your party up).

11 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Did they remove the music from Lestallum?  I remember it being a thing but now it is quite as hell in that city.  Is it a point of the game thing or what?  

Could be a bug. I haven't been there since the update but I had a bug where the battle music wouldn't play and it was only the battle music that didn't play, everything else did. Try saving and then reloading your game.

7 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Could be a bug. I haven't been there since the update but I had a bug where the battle music wouldn't play and it was only the battle music that didn't play, everything else did. Try saving and then reloading your game.

Just did this (save and reload) and still nothing.  Hmm.

Could be a story thing I guess.  Not sure.  I'm in CH.6

Edited by angelgrievous

7 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Man, fishing is hard in this game, but I'm getting the gang of it somehow. Also got the first two DLCs yesterday.

It's actually not that bad, it's that they don't give you much to go on. It's actually really easy. Assuming you get the bite. 

Never reel in when it's the opposite direction of the fish, never reel in when the controller vibrates more(fish is fighting), and keep the joystick a bit loose when it's fighting. (going back and forth a little from all the way in the direction it's going to about halfway to the middle) This allows you to switch faster when it switches. 

It's more patience than anything. Just never reel when it's fighting. 

Note: When the words are white, the line durability isn't going down. Only when red

Edited by Dav9834

9 hours ago, DEMON said:

I'm close. The Wait Mode page is only worth it if you use that mode.

Eh, I don't even use it so I'm not gonna bother with that page then. 

Also that ending is giving my head a spin. I need to think what the hell happened..... 

Just now, DEMON said:

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty much, Noctis and Luna in the afterlife.

Yeah kinda get that part....

Spoiler

What happened in Ardyn's past to make him be like that? Where the hell did the Starscourge come from? 

Where did the Ignis, Prompto and Gladio go after Noct parted ways with them? I'm really confused. I know I am going to do a NG+ run but it's just blows my mind on what happened in those Chapters.... 

Is Prompto from Niflheim or is he a MT?

I really wanted to fight Ravus and Iedolas as a human not that shitty daemon fight with them -_- 

What happen to Aranea?

1 hour ago, Ken Kaneki said:

Yeah kinda get that part....

Hide contents

What happened in Ardyn's past to make him be like that? Where the hell did the Starscourge come from? 

Where did the Ignis, Prompto and Gladio go after Noct parted ways with them? I'm really confused. I know I am going to do a NG+ run but it's just blows my mind on what happened in those Chapters.... 

Is Prompto from Niflheim or is he a MT?

I really wanted to fight Ravus and Iedolas as a human not that shitty daemon fight with them -_- 

What happen to Aranea?

Ifrit brought the Starscourge originally as he hated humans. Ardyn became like that because he absorbed it all (in an effort to save Eos) and basically became it (how he became impure to the gods etc). Luna if she could take it and not die over it could have ended up becoming like Ardyn too.

They fought the Iron Giants appeared, in the end scene, they were there with Noctis in spirit.. I wouldn't consider them dead but who knows, the ending has a bit of mystery to it in that way.

He is from Niflheim, he is Verstael's son.. there is theory out there that the Naga that kipnaps Prompto is his mom. He may have some daemon within him, but not much as it didn't take over him ever. He has a barcode so that is proof he was born there. Another theory is that Verstael actually cared about him and didn't want to see his son become a Magitek so he hid him away in Insomina (that would explain how a child was able to live alone in a house).

I liked Ravus' fight. I agree though, we could have fought him at that point when at the base before Ardyn came in and saved the day.

No clue but Bahamut's eyes looked oddly suspicious to me. But there was mentions about a powerful female daemon hunter at the end.. although that could have also been referring to Iris.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DEMON said:

Hide contents

Ifrit brought the Starscourge originally as he hated humans. Ardyn became like that because he absorbed it all (in an effort to save Eos) and basically became it (how he became impure to the gods etc). Luna if she could take it and not die over it could have ended up becoming like Ardyn too.

They fought the Iron Giants appeared, in the end scene, they were there with Noctis in spirit.. I wouldn't consider them dead but who knows, the ending has a bit of mystery to it in that way.

He is from Niflheim, he is Verstael's son.. there is theory out there that the Naga that kipnaps Prompto is his mom. He may have some daemon within him, but not much as it didn't take over him ever. He has a barcode so that is proof he was born there. Another theory is that Verstael actually cared about him and didn't want to see his son become a Magitek so he hid him away in Insomina (that would explain how a child was able to live alone in a house).

I liked Ravus' fight. I agree though, we could have fought him at that point when at the base before Ardyn came in and saved the day.

No clue but Bahamut's eyes looked oddly suspicious to me. But there was mentions about a powerful female daemon hunter at the end.. although that could have also been referring to Iris.

Spoiler

Ohhhh I must have missed a Cosmology book somewhere about that. Interesting..... Damn so Ardyn was a tragic hero then? Woah..... 

I wonder who gave Gladio those scars? Was it Ardyn that took Ignis' eye sights? I'm expecting them to be answered in there specific episodes but if you guys now and I might have missed them, I check my tracks back. 

Yeah that ending.... Confused me to what happen to them. I just hope they're alive and kicking. 

I kinda feel empty that Ravus was killed just like that. I wanted more from him. 

If that's Aranea then that would be bad ass. To bad Bahamut is just a one time summon. I wonder what Iris' looked like after 10 years haha. 

Another thing that confused me is how Noct ended up in that place when he was in the crystal for ten years.... Did I miss something again?

Can you wonder around more in the daemon filled Lucis or the Talcott prompt is inevitable?

Sorry Demon I'm asking too many questions lmao. I enjoyed the game but the plot is lacking on some parts for me....

Those vaults are a pain xD 

5 hours ago, Ken Kaneki said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ohhhh I must have missed a Cosmology book somewhere about that. Interesting..... Damn so Ardyn was a tragic hero then? Woah..... 

I wonder who gave Gladio those scars? Was it Ardyn that took Ignis' eye sights? I'm expecting them to be answered in there specific episodes but if you guys now and I might have missed them, I check my tracks back. 

Yeah that ending.... Confused me to what happen to them. I just hope they're alive and kicking. 

I kinda feel empty that Ravus was killed just like that. I wanted more from him. 

If that's Aranea then that would be bad ass. To bad Bahamut is just a one time summon. I wonder what Iris' looked like after 10 years haha. 

Another thing that confused me is how Noct ended up in that place when he was in the crystal for ten years.... Did I miss something again?

Can you wonder around more in the daemon filled Lucis or the Talcott prompt is inevitable?

Sorry Demon I'm asking too many questions lmao. I enjoyed the game but the plot is lacking on some parts for me....

Those vaults are a pain xD 

Yep, pretty much, he was originally the "chosen" king but since he healed the people he took in too much of the starscourge and became corrupted. Also this wasn't in a book.. well Ardyn's whole story is in those books, but this is just from what he says. xD He's basically telling you a story about himself when you're being absorbed into the crystal.

Gladio's episode seemly has Girugamesh in it.. so maybe him. I do believe we will be seeing Ardyn in Ignis' DLC since he was somehow able to know which ship was Ardyn's.

I'll say they are; they weren't in that afterlife scene at the end anyways.

It would be and I was interested in Iris too.. I was like where is she.. we aren't going to meet her before the end? wut. lol

I dunno.. maybe Ardyn teleported him there. lol That's what I assume anyways since Gralea is a bit of a far journey to Insomina and Ardyn wanted him to get there. xD

I dunno.. I didn't test that honestly. Maybe I should in my second playthrough.

Edited by DEMON

Hi everyone!

Posting this on behalf of my friend.

My friend is asking if it's possible to continue his Final Fantasy XV save file progress from the R3 (Asia) to the R-All version of the game? He currently has the R3 (Asia) version of the game but he's planning to switch to the R-All version to get the Season Pass since his main account is R1. His main concern is that he may lose all of his save progress if he switches.

1 hour ago, gar-C said:

Hi everyone!

Posting this on behalf of my friend.

My friend is asking if it's possible to continue his Final Fantasy XV save file progress from the R3 (Asia) to the R-All version of the game? He currently has the R3 (Asia) version of the game but he's planning to switch to the R-All version to get the Season Pass since his main account is R1. His main concern is that he may lose all of his save progress if he switches.

If there is a different trophy list for the version he wants. Then no.