Trophy Difficulty Ranking

Frozen_Guardian

Since this is already out for a year on the Xbox, this is the difficulty ranking on the trophies. 

Neverwinter Achievements

Adventure of a Lifetime (5)
Complete the tutorial
Unlocked by 68,012 tracked gamers (99% )

Cornering Karzov (10)
Complete the quest: Cornering Karzov
Unlocked by 47,896 tracked gamers (70%)

A Hero Emerges (10)
Reach level 10 with one character
Unlocked by 46,375 tracked gamers (68%)

Daily Affirmation (10)
Learn about invocation
Unlocked by 38,925 tracked gamers (57%)

By Your Side (15)
Collect a companion

Unlocked by 38,014 tracked gamers (56%)

Fists of the Warband (10)
Complete the quest: Fists of the Warband
Unlocked by 36,038 tracked gamers (53%)

Plague Tower (10)
Complete the quest: Plague Tower
Unlocked by 31,172 tracked gamers (46%)

Let's Ride! (10)
Equip a mount
Unlocked by 29,691 tracked gamers (43%)

Orcs (15)
Defeat 500 Orcs
Unlocked by 28,218 tracked gamers (41%)

Bandits (15)
Defeat 500 Bandits
Unlocked by 26,653 tracked gamers (39%)

Ancient (10)
Equip an artifact
Unlocked by 26,077 tracked gamers (38%)

Faith in the Fallen (15)
Take a leap of faith
Unlocked by 25,896 tracked gamers (38%)

Grimstorm Keep (10)
Complete the quest: Grimstorm Keep
Unlocked by 24,849 tracked gamers (36%)

Paragon Hero (25)
Reach level 30 with one character
Unlocked by 23,426 tracked gamers (34%)

Undead (15)
Defeat 1000 Undead
Unlocked by 22,485 tracked gamers (33%)

The Clockwork Guild Tomb (10)
Complete the quest: The Clockwork Guild Tomb
Unlocked by 18,457 tracked gamers (27%)

Devils (15)
Defeat 500 Devils
Unlocked by 16,572 tracked gamers (24%)

Brilliant (10)
Earn 50,000 Astral Diamonds
Unlocked by 16,569 tracked gamers (24%)

The Sanatorium (10)
Complete the quest: The Sanatorium
Unlocked by 16,110 tracked gamers (24%)

The Drowned King (10)
Complete the quest: The Drowned King
Unlocked by 15,486 tracked gamers (23%)

Aberrations (15)
Defeat 500 Aberrations
Unlocked by 14,947 tracked gamers (22%)

The Shadow Falls (10)
Complete the quest: The Shadow Falls
Unlocked by 14,245 tracked gamers (21%)

Kobolds (15)
Defeat 500 Kobolds
Unlocked by 13,308 tracked gamers (19%)

Scoundrel's Retreat (10)
Complete the quest: Scoundrel's Retreat
Unlocked by 12,616 tracked gamers (18%)

Epic Hero (50)
Reach level 60 with one character
Unlocked by 12,366 tracked gamers (18%)

Spiders (15)
Defeat 500 Spiders
Unlocked by 11,291 tracked gamers (17%)

The Icy Guardian (10)
Complete the quest: The Icy Guardian
Unlocked by 11,207 tracked gamers (16%)

Barrow Scholar (10)
Learn all about the Barrows
Unlocked by 10,814 tracked gamers (16%)

Lycanthropes (15)
Defeat 500 Lycanthropes
Unlocked by 10,730 tracked gamers (16%)

The Edge of the Underdark (10)
Complete the quest: The Edge of the Underdark
Unlocked by 10,621 tracked gamers (16%)

Goblins (15)
Defeat 500 Goblins
Unlocked by 10,613 tracked gamers (16%)

Source of Corruption (10)
Complete the quest: Source of Corruption
Unlocked by 10,590 tracked gamers (15%)

Foulspawn (15)
Defeat 500 Foulspawn
Unlocked by 9,427 tracked gamers (14%)

Sage (25)
Collect 250 pieces of lore
Unlocked by 9,196 tracked gamers (13%)

Temple of the Primordial (10)
Complete the quest: Temple of the Primordial
Unlocked by 9,127 tracked gamers (13%)

Drow (15)
Defeat 500 Drow
Unlocked by 8,849 tracked gamers (13%)

Dungeoneering (20)
Complete 10 normal dungeons
Unlocked by 8,610 tracked gamers (13%)

Lizardfolk42 (15)
Defeat 500 Lizardfolk

Unlocked by 8,543 tracked gamers (12%)

Illithid Enclave (10)
Complete the quest: Illithid Enclave
Unlocked by 7,769 tracked gamers (11%)

Bump in the Night (30)
Defeat 1 Beholder, 1 Gelatinous Cube, and 1 Mimic
Unlocked by 7,402 tracked gamers (11%)

Dragons (15)
Defeat 50 Dragons
Unlocked by 5,673 tracked gamers (8%)

Giants (15)
Defeat 50 Giants
Unlocked by 5,393 tracked gamers (8%)

Generational (100)
Reach level 60 with 2 characters
Unlocked by 4,509 tracked gamers (7%)

Trolls (15)
Defeat 500 Trolls
Unlocked by 4,494 tracked gamers (7%)

Eye Chirurgeon (15)
Stand eye to eye with your greatest fears
Unlocked by 3,431 tracked gamers (5%)

Dungeon Master (50)
Complete 25 epic dungeons
Unlocked by 1,949 tracked gamers (3%)

Would you look at it? Just look at it! (25)   [This was glitched for some time. It probably doesn't deserve this low ranking]
Discover all Scrying Stones in 14 zones
Unlocked by 1,833 tracked gamers (3%)

Dragon's Bane (200) [15-20 hour grind]
Defeat 1000 Dragons
Unlocked by 751 tracked gamers (1%)

Edited by Frozen_Guardian

Numbers don't lie.

I'm curious as to what point I said that numbers don't lie?  I'm merely pointing out that you just copied and pasted information off True Trophies which might mean absolutely nothing to those who don't use the site.  At least with posting the link to the Xbox Achievements guide, like I suggested and did, it allows people to review the guide and make a judgment on the difficulty.

Difficulty is subjective anyway so it's kind of a moot point.  

It looks grindy. That dlc trophy for 2 lvl 70 chars? I'd like a time to plat estimate more than a difficulty one, there's no difficulty trophy. Finding 1000 dragons might be a pain in the ass from the looks of it.

Edit: Also, epic dungeons? All post game, as in you will die if you are not above lvl 60 (or 70)?

Edited by Not_like_therest

It looks grindy. That dlc trophy for 2 lvl 70 chars? I'd like a time to plat estimate more than a difficulty one, there's no difficulty trophy. Finding 1000 dragons might be a pain in the ass from the looks of it.

Edit: Also, epic dungeons? All post game, as in you will die if you are not above lvl 60 (or 70)?

Apparently it's supposed to be an 800+ hour platinum

Pfft, fuck that. I'll pass on this plat besides the other thread said this is an mmo, and I don't really care for them anyways.

Ok there might have been a little confusion

I was talking to a guy who 100% this game on Xbox

Originally he said it's like 1000 hours to platinum

Now he said it's about 100-200 hours to platinum but the dlc is what takes about 600hours to complete

I don't care for dlc

I'm a platinum guy, 100% is cool but not necessary for me lol

So if it's just a 200 hour platinum, that's still doable in my eyes, if what he said is true

Ok there might have been a little confusion

I was talking to a guy who 100% this game on Xbox

Originally he said it's like 1000 hours to platinum

Now he said it's about 100-200 hours to platinum but the dlc is what takes about 600hours to complete

I don't care for dlc

I'm a platinum guy, 100% is cool but not necessary for me lol

So if it's just a 200 hour platinum, that's still doable in my eyes, if what he said is true

100 hours isn't too bad as long as it isn't so repetitive and grindy. Still 10-20 hours (alone) to find 1000 dragons is like the campaign length of most games anymore. But then there is the personal issue of this being an mmo. But thank you for the info.

• 1 month later...

What the heck is that supposed to mean? What about untracked gamers? TA Ratio? Tits to Ass Ratio?

"True Achievement", it's a series of websites that originally was focused on Xbox360, but eventually spread out to Playstation and Steam. The site calculates the rarity of an achievement/trophy and gives it a new value based on how many people have earned it. It's like this site, only giving you the option to have a "True" level/gamerscore based on rarity. Of course, it only scans people registered with the sites, so the values are off.

I think the hardest trophies on the list are the two Dragon trophies and possibly the two characters to 60.

One dragon takes at 5 minutes at the least to kill if you have 15 or more people to fight one. (They are event bosses in certain areas and I believe there is one in a dungeon.)

I can't say how long it will take most people but it's taken me about a week to hit level 60 (I bought the early access pack.) I'm currently level 67 so I might hit 70 before the weekend.

The epic dungeons are doable if you have a good team to do them with, so in my opinion I don't see that one being too much of a hindrance.

Regardless, I've accepted the challenge to get this platinum so as if it wasn't obvious already, bye bye life. lol ^.^

1000 dragon is easy... you can kill the same one repeatedily.. just keep changing channels. If you stay in the same channel, then its once every 20min and that is with at least a group of 15+...

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I have no idea what the context is for most of those numbers.

What the heck is that supposed to mean? What about untracked gamers? TA Ratio? Tits to Ass Ratio?

The context for those numbers would be the attainment rate of those particular achievements among those people who are registered members of that tracking site and who own the game. While not an exact measure of difficulty, it can be presumed to be a measure of dedication; much like completion rates in any game tracked by this website. It's the sort of context that really isn't too difficult to work out.

The context for those numbers would be the attainment rate of those particular achievements among those people who are registered members of that tracking site and who own the game. While not an exact measure of difficulty, it can be presumed to be a measure of dedication; much like completion rates in any game tracked by this website. It's the sort of context that really isn't too difficult to work out.

How many members does that site have? What percent of the gaming public does the membership of that site represent? How do that sites numbers compare to the numbers available on PSN? The site wasn't called out in the OP. TA ratio wasn't explained in the OP. 

"isn't too difficult to work out" is a highly inaccurate statement. Yeah I get your elementary explanation "it's the amount of people that got stuff, dude", but that doesn't help explain *any* of the context.

With statistics, context is everything. OP might as well have said this games trophies are about a blue, maybe a green.

How many members does that site have? What percent of the gaming public does the membership of that site represent? How do that sites numbers compare to the numbers available on PSN? The site wasn't called out in the OP. TA ratio wasn't explained in the OP. 

"isn't too difficult to work out" is a highly inaccurate statement. Yeah I get your elementary explanation "it's the amount of people that got stuff, dude", but that doesn't help explain *any* of the context.

With statistics, context is everything. OP might as well have said this games trophies are about a blue, maybe a green.

The percentage earned is the (number who earned achievement) / (number of players) TA score is a system to rank achievements based on difficulty. The formula is sqrt(  (number of players) / (number who earned the trophy) )

The trophies are ranked based on both. A higher percentage implies a lower TA score. You really didn't need to know the TA score and I apologize for not deleting it. 

You shouldn't need anything more than these percentages to rank the difficulty of these trophies. Similar to psnprofiles, you must report your achievements, which implies the people reporting are actually actively hunting achievements (maybe not, but typically they are) Casual players should not be able to change the order of the trophies. That implies people actively hunting trophies are skipping something a casual player would of unlocked. This is utter nonsense to imply.

I didn't post this to tell you why the trophy is at its ranking spot or how long it would take to earn that trophy. The list implies the hardest trophy is killing 1000 dragons. It should be obvious that is a grind. I'm not providing information on how to grind that. Someone else can write that guide. A user above noted this tells nothing about difficulty. They are correct. If this game has a large playerbase that makes it to lvl 10 and quits, then the percentages are going to drop like no tomorrow. Doesn't mean this game is hard.

I edited the list to remove the data giving you a headache. @DaivRules if you need any more help understanding how this work please ask. I'll be happy to explain how a percentage works to you.

Edited by Frozen_Guardian
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...