Need help to get me out of my gaming slump

Hocking_1988

Hey everyone, first of all apologies if this is the wrong place or there have been repeated threads likes this. Basically over the last few weeks I have hit a bit of a gaming slump. I have many games on my profile which are not complete trophy wise. I was wandering if you could take a look at my games list and advise me which ones you would go back and try to complete. I am a keen trophy hunter but accept I will not get a 100% profile, I just want to clear as much of my back catalogue as possible before moving onto new stuff.

If you could just advise me on the PS4 stuff as have moved away from PS3 now

Thanks in advance

Edited by Hocking_1988

Looks like you barely got started on Until Dawn. It gets much better after the first couple of hours. It's like a movie, starts slow to build tension then lets loose. Might be a way back in, and an easy plat too.

TTR: World Tour is pretty fun, and you can dip in and out of it whenever you're bored as each race only lasts a few minutes tops. 

Wolfenstein: The New Order is great too. A really refreshing shooter. Maybe go and clean that one up? 

The trophy advisor is good for this:

http://psnprofiles.com/Hocking_1988/log?order=rarity&earned=unearned&pf=ps4&dir=desc#content

I would say you do your recent games first like Uncharted 4 :)

You can set your goal to 1000 unearned trophies for the beginning

Edit: Maybe 1000 unearned is to less because you only play on PS4. Try 1111 :P

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

I know exactly what you're talking about!  :hmm:  Sometimes you just get into one of those moods where everything just irritates you and you SERIOUSLY don't want to game! Just take a break. Go do something else then come back and play..... Wolfenstein: The New Order or Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Both are great games, very different from what you've been playing recently. Plus, Wolfenstein is a great, easy game to plat!  :awesome:

• Like 1

I get out of slumps like these by playing games that are neither too hard or demand too much concentration. With a bonus of easy-dropping trophies if possible.

After a few days your gaming itch should probably come back then.

UC4 and TTR are ideal for this ;)

If a platinum could ease you out of your slump, go back to Far Cry 3. With a good guide and a little YouTube watching, you could knock out 12-13 of your remaining trophies in an hour or so. Only thing that might take a bit of time is liberating all outposts, but I'm guessing you got the majority of them done as you are far along into the story. And, you've already knocked out the most difficult trophies in the MP play, where getting connected in the Ubisoft servers is spotty at best.

Good luck!

I think there's a few easy plats that aren't to much time consuming on your profile, so you may start with those..

The games in question would be Rocket League, inFamous 2nd Son, Until Dawn, Remember Me, GoW Ascension among a few others..

If I had to point you towards a single game, I would say that Remember Me is a good candidate, I was really surprised on how nice it was when we got the game on PS+..

Said that, play whatever you are feeling like.. I have been cleaning some backlog of started games during the past months to bring my % up to 90+% and because some of those where games that I had started at a time where I was starting way to many games and wanted to start completing them.. but then again, I was supposed to finish Thief after I finish L.A. Noire, but the tough of all the collectibles on Thief thrown me off again (this is probably the 2nd or 3rd time :lol:), so I started Dragon Age 2.. may go back to Thief after it.. or maybe not..

Point in case is, if you want to clear some games that you started, then good, but if you start to feel like it's becoming frustrating or that you are anxious to start a new game, then start the new game, otherwise you will hate whatever you are playing just to complete it (I know that from personal experience.. and I still force myself to finish some games now and then, even when I'm anxious to start something else..).

Table Top Racing, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Rocket League and Wolfenstein are all fun and very achievable platinums. Also, if you're a competent racing game player and don't mind dropping a bit of money on the very reasonably priced season pass, Driveclub has an absolute shedload of DLC packs with plenty of gold and silvers to be earned.

However, speaking from experience, if you are feeling jaded and lacking in motivation to play through your backlog, I would take zorba and cjshaitan's good advice and take a proper break. You will get that gaming itch again and come back stronger when the time is right.

Edited by germ1984

It seems like you've burned yourself out on gaming completely because of too much trophy hunting. It happened to me quite a bit last year. I took a long break and played games on another profile besides my main.

Getting a PS4 a few months ago has gotten me back into trophy hunting a bit, but not much. I play for the fun mostly nowadays 

Edited by CL5INT0N2

I would say have don't play for awhile. Make sure you get heaps of sleep and after about a week or so that urge will come back.

I would say have don't play for awhile. Make sure you get heaps of sleep and after about a week or so that urge will come back.

Thank you to all of your responses so far. I think I will take a few days out and just do other things. Then maybe plan to play a game which is a bit more full on, and then a more casual game alongside it. So maybe table top racers and something like that. It is collectibles that annoy me the most. Someone mentioned assassins creed black flag, I barely touched that and never went back to it. A few years on, is it good? Should I give it another go?

Someone mentioned assassins creed black flag, I barely touched that and never went back to it. A few years on, is it good? Should I give it another go?

In my opinion it's the best Assassin's Creed to date. Deffo give it another go.

There are plenty of times where I turn on my PS4 but I don't feel like playing anything. Just got to go by your mood. Don't force yourself to play something if you don't feel like it. Even now, I would like to complete some of my games but most of the time I wind up watching movies or shows. Trophy hunting is a great hobby but it can easily burn you out or make you not want to game at all some days. Relax, chill out, play for fun. Get a game to fool around in with your friends. Don't worry about getting trophies for a while. They will be waiting for you once you get that completion urge again.