Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

Hope you enjoy it. I liked the idea of the story but the unlikeable characters ruined it for me.

Yes, a certain Until Dawn fan tried to talk me to death with stories about how it's supposed to be that way because the game uses all horror clichés out there, but for me what works for a horror movie does not necessarily work for a horror game. The story was enjoyable as well as the scares, but the characters ruined the experience for me.

This comment smellslikebullshit.  :lol:

• Like 4

L473b88.png

I haven't actually played more of my game since yesterday afternoon but I wanted to do a quick update. I played the first world and obtained four (out of twelve) trophies - three which come natural if you're good at fighting enemies and one which you will only ever get if you actually just go for it (phasing twenty times in one minute, which you will never do in normal gameplay). Apparently, this is enough to get an A rank.

Seriously? I mean, I know it's been on PS+ but how can there be so many people who boot up the game without obtaining a single trophy? There's no way you have completed the first world without at least a couple of enemies destroying each other (which I got completely by accident) or by killing five enemies with stalactites (which is just common sense since it's so much easier than actual fighting).

To compare: the only other game of this event for which I have obtained an A rank is Flame Over, and I had to play through the whole game (25/36 trophies) to get that! Okay granted I did not check when it turned into an A rank, but of all my other games I did not get to A, only getting B two times, four C's and two E's.

Seeing as how fun this game is, I think it deserves more love.

Don't look at me. I got 100% on that game.  B)

I'm guessing that a lot of people got the game from PS+, loaded it up, heard some of the sound effects, saw the graphics and the gameplay mechanics, said "Nope", turned it off and haven't played it again. I had to turn the volume down at times because some of those sound effects can get kind of annoying like when your health is very low at the beginning of the game or when you are bouncing into every wall looking for secrets. I wouldn't say I loved the game or anything, but it did exceed my expectations. Once you got into the game, it had that addictive quality to it. I started the game one day just to see what it was like and then got sidetracked with other things. Finally went back a month later and finished the entire game and trophies in one day. I believe we got that in the same month with Helldivers, P4AU, and Grid Autosport. As a 3rd or 4th option in the month's PS+ lineup, I had some fun with it. 

Also, those trophy rarities are misleading in terms of difficulty. The game has UR trophies but the hardest thing about them is whether you like the game at all and have the desire to finish it and find all the secrets. Nothing really tough if you enjoy the game though. The one trophy that could have been difficult is glitched in a positive way.  :)

I can at least somewhat understand people not earning many trophies in this game. What really baffles me is how people can't get certain trophies in other games. For example, in Mamorukun Curse! you get a trophy for making it to the main menu of the game. Seriously, all you have to do is load up the game and a trophy pops at the title screen. Still, that trophy isn't 100% somehow. Apparently 28 people loaded up the game and quit to the XMB before the title screen even loaded?

Glad to hear you seem to be enjoying your early time with Deus Ex and The Evil Within. I really enjoyed both of those games. Hate that you are kind of having to rush to squeeze both of those games in at the end of the event. Hope you go back to them and enjoy both.  :)

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 2

Why?

Forget it. It was just a bad reference to the user I thought you might refer to. 

I can at least somewhat understand people not earning many trophies in this game. What really baffles me is how people can't get certain trophies in other games. For example, in Mamorukun Curse! you get a trophy for making it to the main menu of the game. Seriously, all you have to do is load up the game and a trophy pops at the title screen. Still, that trophy isn't 100% somehow. Apparently 28 people loaded up the game and quit to the XMB before the title screen even loaded?

People like me. By now I load up the game once to install the trophy data, first patchets etc. and may come back to it weeks later. Sometimes I also watch the openings (like for J-games) and normally those things don't earn you trophies. Only exceptions that come to my mind are Sly 1 (which gives you a trophy right at the start) and Sorcery Saga. That game gives you a trophy for watching the opening. And only 2/3 of the people have that trophy. :D

Edited by Crimson Idol

Don't worry. It's finally here. And now I will enjoy my free time with Grid 2 or Love Live. Oh wait. I have to play Atelier Rorona? Oh noes...   :|

Tomorrow is your final day with commitments to this event, churn those hours out right away and enjoy something else the rest of the weekend!

• Like 1

This comment smellslikebullshit.  :lol:

I finally got this comment. Took me a couple of hours before it finally hit me.  :facepalm:

People like me. By now I load up the game once to install the trophy data, first patchets etc. and may come back to it weeks later. Sometimes I also watch the openings (like for J-games) and normally those things don't earn you trophies. Only exceptions that come to my mind are Sly 1 (which gives you a trophy right at the start) and Sorcery Saga. That game gives you a trophy for watching the opening. And only 2/3 of the people have that trophy. :D

I get that and understand some people like going ahead and loading the games to get them on their profile. Still, not to even make it to the title screen? It actually takes more effort to not get that trophy. You'd about have to go out of your way to quickly hit the PS button and quit to the XMB before the opening menu loads. 

Tomorrow is your final day with commitments to this event, churn those hours out right away and enjoy something else the rest of the weekend!

I couldn't. I played Atelier for about 15 minutes and I was already annoyed. But Grid 2 was a lot of fun. :D

I get that and understand some people like going ahead and loading the games to get them on their profile. Still, not to even make it to the title screen? It actually takes more effort to not get that trophy. You'd about have to go out of your way to quickly hit the PS button and quit to the XMB before the opening menu loads.

Yeah, this takes a lot of skill but depending on the amount of company and program logos shown it might be doable.

I laughed so hard at this comment  :giggle:  :giggle:

You should feel ashamed for that kind of reaction! :o

Edited by Crimson Idol

You have way more patience and tolerance than I do, that's for sure.  

My run in was to do with Uncharted 4 and is buried somewhere in the Most Recent Platinum thread.  There's also a comment on one of my most recent statuses.  

You have way more patience and tolerance than I do, that's for sure.  

My run in was to do with Uncharted 4 and is buried somewhere in the Most Recent Platinum thread.  There's also a comment on one of my most recent statuses.  

Wow, that took a dark turn quickly :|  I'm trying to get it back on track for you.

I like to think that I've become more calm over the years, a few years ago a repeat case like that would've ended in a shouting match.

Anyways, on to Nova-111...

I couldn't help myself, I'm sorry  :blush:  :blush:  I'd had some prior run ins and to see someone making light of it made me realize I probably wasn't alone in my thoughts.

I hope you know that the "you should feel ashamed" wasn't serious. Like you can see there are some people that feel similar. ;)

I guess the best thing one can do is to not get in a heated discussion. It's meaningless to worsen the own mood just because you got in a discussion with people that are triggered by certain keywords. Just let them post their copy-paste-statement and try to ignore it.That's at least my way of handling those people. ^_^

• Like 1

Game 10 - Day 3

Total time played: around 2h50min

Trophies earned: 9/91

Was so hooked on Bigfest, that I almost forgot about this one :lol: . So I squeezed in 1 mission to get this update out.

Game got a bit more difficult, as enemies seem to reproduce themselves faster than I can shoot them. Its still fun, but the AI is driving me nuts.

PS: Tomorrow I'll make one more update, just to give a final overview.

• Like 4