Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

I played many games I listed on 360 like the Telltale games and Saints Row. I listed them because Hemiak wanted to loosen the rules. But I think I won't choose one of them but I'm not quite sure.

Well, in some of the Telltale games you might end up getting a new experience, if you choose a different option than you did the first time.

I already decided on most of the games I intend to play for the upcoming installment of this event. One of them is actually on your list (Risen 3 Enhanced Edition, or whatever it's called). one will be from the Halloween sale, and another one will arguably be terrible. The rest are just games I've been eager to play, but wanted to keep for an event like this.

Here's my list of games I could choose. The bold ones are games I'll choose to 99% and the italic and undrlined ones are on my profile with 0%

Everything is on PS4 by the way. And I put it in a spoiler because it's a lot of games.

Action Henk

Ape Escape 2

Arc: Twilight of the Spirits

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia

Badland: Game of the Year Edition

Bioshock 1/2/Infinite

Bloodborne

Broforce

Dishonored Definitive Edition

Dragonball Xenoverse

Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme Legends

Ether One

Fahrenheit/Indigo Phrophecy

FEZ

Final fantasy Type-0 HD

Furi

Galak-Z

Game of Thrones (Telltale)

Gauntlet

God of War 3: Remastered

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Hand of Fate

Helldivers

inFamous: First Light

Journey

Just Cause 3

Kholat

Kings Quest

LA Cops

Life is Strange

Little Big Planet 3

Lords of the Fallen

Lumo

Metro: Redux (I think that's both Metro games)

Mirrors Edge Catalyst

Murdered: Soul Suspect

NBA 2K16

Nova-111

Okage: Shadow King

OlliOlli

Peggle 2

Psychonauts

Rebel Galaxy

Resident Evil

Risen 3

Saints Row IV

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Shadwen

Sleeping Dogs

Soma

Super Meat Boy

Switch Galaxy Ultra

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment

Tales From the Borderlands.

The Amazing Spider Man 2

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim (Release: 28th)

The Legend of Korra

The Sun and Moon

The Unfinished Swan

The Walking Dead Season Two

The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition

The Wolf among us

Transformers Devastation

Tricky Towers

Ultratron

Uncharted 3

Unravel

Valiant Hearts

Valkiyria Chronicles

Virginia

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

World of Final Fantasy(Release: 28th)

Zombi

Arc: Twilight of the Spirits- I loved this on the PS2. Not sure how it holds up, though.

Bioshock- The first one was amazing. I really need to play the others..

Xenoverse- A lot seem to think this is the greatest Dragon Ball game in years(not me, but whatever), and with your avatar I'm surprised you have it backlogged.  

FEZ- For the love of all that is good, purge this from your library! 

FF Type-0- Fun game. More action oriented than past FF games, though. 

Game of Thrones- I actually really liked this one. I recommend it, especially if you're a fan of the show.

GTA San Andreas- Was fantastic when it came out. Haven't played it in a long time.

inFAMOUS First Light- I love all things inFAMOUS, so yeah.. But this was fun. Some like it even more than the main game.

Journey- Really unique experience. Definitely give it a try. 

LA Cops- Like Voodoo said, it's similar to Hotline. Way easier to Plat, though, I think. I enjoyed it.

Life is Strange- Really good. Some of Telltale's stuff is better to me, though(TftB and TWAU, especially).

Metro Redux- Both games are fantastic. Loved 'em.

Murdered: Soul Suspect- Like Voodoo and Rach, I liked it.

Resident Evil- Old school survivor horror with a new coat of paint. Great stuff. 

Saint's Row IV- This was really good, in my opinion. Christmas DLC was chock full of great references and humor. 

Saint's Row Gat out of Hell- Also good. But short. Story missions were over to quickly for me, leaving a challenge grind in its wake. 

Sleeping Dogs- Really fun. GTA with Arkham-like combat. Really sad this studio went under. :(

Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us- Well, I already said how great I think these two are, haha. 

The Legend of Korra- Good but challenging game. Platinum's known for that, though. 

The Walking Dead Season 2- Liked the first more, but still good.

Uncharted 3- My favorite Uncharted game. What are you waiting for? Go play it, already! :P

Vailant Hearts- Neat little game. And like Rach said, very emotional tale. 

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood- Did you play The New Order? More of the same with this one. If you enjoyed it, you should enjoy this one.

And that's all I've got. 

• Like 2

Arc: Twilight of the Spirits- I loved this on the PS2. Not sure how it holds up, though.

Bioshock- The first one was amazing. I really need to play the others..

Xenoverse- A lot seem to think this is the greatest Dragon Ball game in years(not me, but whatever), and with your avatar I'm surprised you have it backlogged.  

FEZ- For the love of all that is good, purge this from your library! 

FF Type-0- Fun game. More action oriented than past FF games, though. 

Game of Thrones- I actually really liked this one. I recommend it, especially if you're a fan of the show.

GTA San Andreas- Was fantastic when it came out. Haven't played it in a long time.

inFAMOUS First Light- I love all things inFAMOUS, so yeah.. But this was fun. Some like it even more than the main game.

Journey- Really unique experience. Definitely give it a try. 

LA Cops- Like Voodoo said, it's similar to Hotline. Way easier to Plat, though, I think. I enjoyed it.

Life is Strange- Really good. Some of Telltale's stuff is better to me, though(TftB and TWAU, especially).

Metro Redux- Both games are fantastic. Loved 'em.

Murdered: Soul Suspect- Like Voodoo and Rach, I liked it.

Resident Evil- Old school survivor horror with a new coat of paint. Great stuff. 

Saint's Row IV- This was really good, in my opinion. Christmas DLC was chock full of great references and humor. 

Saint's Row Gat out of Hell- Also good. But short. Story missions were over to quickly for me, leaving a challenge grind in its wake. 

Sleeping Dogs- Really fun. GTA with Arkham-like combat. Really sad this studio went under. :(

Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us- Well, I already said how great I think these two are, haha. 

The Legend of Korra- Good but challenging game. Platinum's known for that, though. 

The Walking Dead Season 2- Liked the first more, but still good.

Uncharted 3- My favorite Uncharted game. What are you waiting for? Go play it, already! :P

Vailant Hearts- Neat little game. And like Rach said, very emotional tale. 

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood- Did you play The New Order? More of the same with this one. If you enjoyed it, you should enjoy this one.

And that's all I've got. 

To Xenoverse: I played a bit on the 360 but had other games to play than this one. The same on PS4 now. I bought it again in a sale and never started it.

To Saints Row: I completed both on the 360 so its very unlikely that I choose one of them.

To Uncharted 3: I had to play Uncharted 1 for the Lottery 5 from Eff and started the second one right after the first. But then other games were around and I couldn't play the third one.

To Wolfenstein: In fac, I played The New Order in the last event as my first game and it was the first (and only) game I plated from this event. That's because I want to close this event with The Old Blood to form a nice circle :D

• Like 2

Bioshock 1

Bloodborne

Dishonored Definitive Edition

Final fantasy Type-0 HD

Furi

Helldivers

Journey

Life is Strange

Lords of the Fallen

Mirrors Edge Catalyst

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Rebel Galaxy

Valiant Hearts

These are all games I've played and enjoyed, I really look forward to playing, or I'm planning on playing during the event. Edited by Hemiak

The only ones I've played are Resident Evil (on the ps1), Ultratron, and Retro/Grade. I loved RE back in the day, and RG was pretty fun too.

From your list I would Def play Furi and Lords of the Fallen.

Furi and Lords Of The Fallen have been on my personal preference list for your next event ever since they were announced for PS+ :)

I don't think I've heard anybody here say they played either one so there might be more people willing to give it a shot.

For my full list, I'll wait and see if anyone else feels like playing stuff at the same time, or I'll just check if anyone happens to pick a game I have as well.

The November PS+ list might do wonders in that regard...

My list is more or less ready. I skimmed through the list of Fs and it seems like I will choose the following games:

Badland (Vita)

Derrick the Deathfin (PS3) (listed as Derrick's Cabinet)

Driver San Fransicso (PS3)

Doki-Doki Universe (Vita)

FEZ (Vita)

God of War 3 (PS3)

Killer Is Dead (PS3)

Tales of Graces f (PS3)

Trine (PS3)

Worms 2: Armageddon (PS3)

Didn't feel like adding any PS4-games and mainly wanted to focus on some of the backlogs games I have since a long time. To my surprise only two of the ten games are retail-versions: God of War and Killer Is Dead. 

First thought about adding Ar Tonelico instead of Tales of Graces f but I had a look at the battle system on YouTube and no, I'm not feeling like playing that in the next few weeks. xD

I'm mostly hyped for trying out Driver San Franciso and Killer Is Dead.

And maybe I will finally have a better ratio of games I will play after the event. :D

• Like 4

My list is more or less ready. I skimmed through the list of Fs and it seems like I will choose the following games:

Badland (Vita)

Derrick the Deathfin (PS3) (listed as Derrick's Cabinet)

Driver San Fransicso (PS3)

FEZ (Vita)

God of War 3 (PS3)

Killer Is Dead (PS3)

Tales of Graces f (PS3)

Trine (PS3)

Worms 2: Armageddon (PS3)

Didn't feel like adding any PS4-games and mainly wanted to focus on some of the backlogs games I have since a long time. To my surprise only two of the ten games are retail-versions: God of War and Killer Is Dead. 

First thought about adding Ar Tonelico instead of Tales of Graces f but I had a look at the battle system on YouTube and no, I'm not feeling like playing that in the next few weeks. xD

I'm mostly hyped for trying out Driver San Franciso and Killer Is Dead.

And maybe I will finally have a better ratio of games I will play after the event. :D

If you like to play at the same time I can play BADLAND as well, it's on my shortlist too. All others I either do not have or I have already played.

If you like to play at the same time I can play BADLAND as well, it's on my shortlist too. All others I either do not have or I have already played.

Sure we can do that. Do you already have an idea when you want to play it?

I for myself don't know in what order I want to play the games (except Tales of being the last game) so I will let some randomizer decide.

Here's my tentative list, maybe it'll change if there's something really appealing for the November PS+ lineup.

1. Dishonored
  2. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
  3. Resonance of Fate
  4. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
  5. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
  6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
  7. Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
  8. Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day
  9. Beyond Good & Evil HD
  10. Mass Effect
  • Like 1

Since it seems to be the cool thing to do, I'll go ahead and post some of my backlog that I'll be choosing from. Mainly to see if there is anyone that would want to play any of the same games together, especially ones with multiplayer trophies. There are a handful of those in this list so if anyone sees one they are considering playing, just let me know and I'll try including it. Or if you just want to recommend something that's cool too.

I have some PS4 games from PS+ and am planning to finally try getting one this month. Going to wait for possible Black Friday deals though and that's the end of the month so I just removed those from consideration. Anyways, here's the list:

Dark Souls

Dark Souls II

Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry 2

Devil May Cry 3

Dragon Age: Origins

Dragon Age II

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

LittleBigPlanet 3

Lost Planet 3

Mass Effect 3

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Mirror's Edge

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

Remember Me

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil Revelations

Resistance 3

Skyrim

Spelunker HD

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Vanquish

Watch Dogs

Yakuza 5

100%

Final Fight: Double Impact

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Mega Man 10

Retro City Rampage DX

PS+ (PS3)

Fat Princess

From Dust

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Super Stardust HD

The Last Guy

Here's a list of the games I could start in the next event. People could give their opinion on which games I should try, and/or they could see if they might want to start (some of) the same games.

I wouldn't mind playing the same game with some people, especially if the game has multiplayer. Unfortunately, it looks like the only game from your list that I haven't played is Super Stardust HD. Might consider playing it if you choose that one.

• Like 1

*snip*

From your list I only played Remember Me, Giana Sisters, and TR Underworld. All of those were decent,

RM's setting was cool and combat was interesting, but had a lot of input delay, which made it more like a rhythm game than anything else. Giana Sisters was fun from what I played, got bloody hard in later levels. Underworld was kinda meh, excels at nothing and isn't terrible. Camera is arse though when climbing, so yeah...

I own most of the games you listed though, and although none of them are part of the list of games I intend to play (I already have some progress in some of them so they wouldn't be eligible anyway), I don't mind helping out with the online on them though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Since it seems to be the cool thing to do, I'll go ahead and post some of my backlog that I'll be choosing from. Mainly to see if there is anyone that would want to play any of the same games together, especially ones with multiplayer trophies. There are a handful of those in this list so if anyone sees one they are considering playing, just let me know and I'll try including it. Or if you just want to recommend something that's cool too.

I have some PS4 games from PS+ and am planning to finally try getting one this month. Going to wait for possible Black Friday deals though and that's the end of the month so I just removed those from consideration. Anyways, here's the list:

Dark Souls

Dark Souls II

Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry 2

Devil May Cry 3

Dragon Age II

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

LittleBigPlanet 3

Lost Planet 3

Mass Effect 3

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Mirror's Edge

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD

Remember Me

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil Revelations

Resistance 3

Skyrim

Spelunker HD

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Vanquish

Watch Dogs

Yakuza 5

100%

Final Fight: Double Impact

Mega Man 10

Retro City Rampage DX

PS+ (PS3)

Fat Princess

From Dust

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Super Stardust HD

The Last Guy

I wouldn't mind playing the same game with some people, especially if the game has multiplayer. Unfortunately, it looks like the only game from your list that I haven't played is Super Stardust HD. Might consider playing it if you choose that one.

I could include Swort Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment on PS4. This way we could compare our opinions on the game. I even could include Skyrim but I doubt that I will do that.

I would recommend both Dark Souls games. This franchise is one of the best I know. Sure it's hard at the beginning and it throws you in with no information but that's the great thing about these games.

I also played Kingdom Hearts 2 which I also would recommend. If you like Disney, and how doesn't like Disney, it's a very great game. You meet many Disney characters and fight side by side with Donald and Goofy.

The beginning is very long though so it could take a while before the game really starts.

• Like 1

*Snip*

The Kingdom Hearts series is my jam(says the guy with 3 of them for milestones ^^ ;).

FFX/X-2 I like a lot, too. Though I haven't played X-2 for a very long time..

Mirror's Edge was decent.

Remember Me was every bit the sleeper hit I hoped it was. Loved it. 

Tomb Raider: Underworld was fun when I played it. I got hooked on them after it, and proceeded to play through Legend and Anniversary shortly thereafter. 

Splinter Cell: Blacklist was really good. I love stealth games. 

Tony Hawk HD was a nice nostalgia trip. Use to play them all the time on PS1. Fun game. 

Enjoyed Watch_Dogs immensely(besides the dreaded song trophy..).

Those are all I've played. I can help with Splinter Cell or Tony Hawk, if you need it. Both don't take that long, for the mandatory to boost stuff. I have the PS4 version of Watch_Dogs, so I don't think I can help with that one. Traced is all that can be boosted, anyways. But I recommend doing so, 'cause getting randomly tailed 5 times is a major pain..

And out of your listed games, I only have Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee  and Resistance 3. But I should probably play Resistance 2 before I jump into the third one, haha. 

I'll probably throw my hat into the ring this time. Last time I was busy preparing for Platinum Rain Day, and I didn't want to take on more than I could handle. This is everything I could start, at the moment. Although, I'm sure some things won't fit the theme:

PS3:

Binary Domain
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Costume Quest 2
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Dishonored
Double Dragon Neon
Far Cry 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Jak II
Jak 3
Killzone 3
Legend of Kay Anniversary
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Medal of Honor Frontline
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
One Piece: Unlimited World Red
Persona 4 Ultimax
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Puppeteer
Quantum Conundrum
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Rock of Ages
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
Shadow of the Colossus
Shoot Many Robots
Star Trek
Starhawk
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tokyo Jungle
White Night Chonicles
White Night Chronicles 2

PS4:

Arcade 3-in-1(Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga)
Catlateral Damage
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
Downwell
Duck Dynasty
Final Fantasy X-2
Foul Play
Hitman GO
Knack
Mad Max
Manhunt
Omega Quintet
Republique
Rise of the Kasai
Rogue Galaxy
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Square Heroes
Stories: The Path of Destinies
The Lego Movie Videogame
The Talos Principle
Transistor
Velocity 2x
Wild Arms 3

Vita: 

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Divekick
Dokuro
Flying Hamster HD
Guacamelee!
Hyperdevotion Noire
Killzone: Mercenary
Knytt Underground
MLB 14 The Show
Malicious Rebirth
Mortal Kombat
Muramasa Rebirth
Sly Cooper 1
Sly 2
Sly 3
Sly 4
Spelunky
When Vikings Attack
Zombie Tycoon 2

PS+:

Transformers Devastation is on my system. Not sure what else I really have through it, that I legitimately want to play.

• Like 3

I'll probably throw my hat into the ring this time. Last time I was busy preparing for Platinum Rain Day, and I didn't want to take on more than I could handle. This is everything I could start, at the moment. Although, I'm sure some things won't fit the theme:

PS3:

Binary Domain
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Costume Quest 2
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Dishonored
Double Dragon Neon
Far Cry 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Jak II
Jak 3
Killzone 3
Legend of Kay Anniversary
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Medal of Honor Frontline
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
One Piece: Unlimited World Red
Persona 4 Ultimax
Puppeteer
Quantum Conundrum
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Rock of Ages
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
Shadow of the Colossus
Shoot Many Robots
Star Trek
Starhawk
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tokyo Jungle
White Night Chonicles
White Night Chronicles 2

PS4:

Arcade 3-in-1(Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga)
Catlateral Damage
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
Downwell
Duck Dynasty
Final Fantasy X-2
Foul Play
Hitman GO
Knack
Mad Max
Manhunt
Omega Quintet
Republique
Rise of the Kasai
Rogue Galaxy
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Square Heroes
The Lego Movie Videogame
The Talos Principle
Transistor
Velocity 2x
Wild Arms 3

Vita: 

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Divekick
Dokuro
Flying Hamster HD
Guacamelee!
Hyperdevotion Noire
Killzone: Mercenary
Knytt Underground
MLB 14 The Show
Malicious Rebirth
Mortal Kombat
Muramasa Rebirth
Sly Cooper 1
Sly 2
Sly 3
Sly 4
Spelunky
When Vikings Attack
Zombie Tycoon 2

PS+:

Transformers Devastation is on my system. Not sure what else I really have through it, that I legitimately want to play.

Jak 2/3: I loved the Jak games when I played them back on the PS2. The third one was my favourite. It's a 3rd person platformer with missions in an open world.

Quantum Conundrum: That's a nice puzzle game like Portal with gravity instead portals. If you like Portal you'll probably like this one too.

Ratchet & Clank: FullFrontal Assault: I don't know this one but the other Ratchet & Clank games I played were great. 3rd person shooter with crazy weapons.

Rune Factory: Tides of Ocean: I played Rune Factory: Frontiers on the Wii and this is most likely like every other Rune Factory. In my opinion it's the better Harvest Moon because of the RPG elements and the fighting in dungeons.

Hitman Go: An easy puzzle game with an easy plat. You can finish this game in one day though. Maybe not the best game for such an event but you should play it nontheless.

Rogue Galaxy: A massive RPG with lots to do. Definitely worth a try when you missed it on the PS2

Stories: The Path of Destinies: One of my favourite game I plated. You choose a path which changes the story, play to the end and start over. There's a total of 30 endings but one playtrough last only one hour, later only 45 minutes when you are fast. I thought the battle system was like the Batman Arkham battle system.

• Like 1

Jak 2/3: I loved the Jak games when I played them back on the PS2. The third one was my favourite. It's a 3rd person platformer with missions in an open world.

Quantum Conundrum: That's a nice puzzle game like Portal with gravity instead portals. If you like Portal you'll probably like this one too.

Ratchet & Clank: FullFrontal Assault: I don't know this one but the other Ratchet & Clank games I played were great. 3rd person shooter with crazy weapons.

Rune Factory: Tides of Ocean: I played Rune Factory: Frontiers on the Wii and this is most likely like every other Rune Factory. In my opinion it's the better Harvest Moon because of the RPG elements and the fighting in dungeons.

Hitman Go: An easy puzzle game with an easy plat. You can finish this game in one day though. Maybe not the best game for such an event but you should play it nontheless.

Rogue Galaxy: A massive RPG with lots to do. Definitely worth a try when you missed it on the PS2

Stories: The Path of Destinies: One of my favourite game I plated. You choose a path which changes the story, play to the end and start over. There's a total of 30 endings but one playtrough last only one hour, later only 45 minutes when you are fast. I thought the battle system was like the Batman Arkham battle system.

I've always heard Jak 2 is a frustrating game, so I just keep avoiding it. Lol. Maybe it's time I finally start that one.

Quantum Conundrum- That sounds really neat. I love Portal and Portal 2. The Talos Principle is supposed to be similar to Portal, as well, which is why I bought it(and Magrunner). I didn't really buy this one, though. It came free with Tomb Raider(for whatever reason). But I downloaded it, 'cause why not? xD

FFA is a tower defense game spinoff, so it's likely a lot different from the ones we've played. I love the main games. 

Rune Factory would be a really unique one. I don't think I've played a Harvest Moon or Rune Factory game before(or anything like them). Looked interesting.

Hitman GO- Yeah.. It's the only Hitman Plat I haven't obtained, so I picked it up in the last Flash Sale. This and those arcade games definitely wouldn't be good choices for this. All can be done in a matter of hours. 

I've actually played Rogue Galaxy on PS2. I just never finished it, so I decided to buy it again. :/

Stories- That sounds really cool. I thought it looked like something I'd enjoy.

• Like 1

*snip*

Those are the ones I played (somewhat) extensively:

Crysis 2 - Single player was fun, never got the chance to try the MP as I could never find anyone in the lobby
Far Cry 2 - Good game, taking into consideration the time of release. Has a bunch of glitched trophies, which was really annoying when I wanted to wrap up the collectibles. Online is awful as well.
Jak II - Hated it
Jak 3 - My favourite Jak game, but that doesn't say much as I generally don't like action-platformers all that much
Killzone 3 - Good game, I liked it more than the 2nd one.
LittleBigPlanet Karting - Another game I disliked. Note plat is unobtainable
One Piece: Unlimited World Red - played this one during the last event. From what I played it was alright. A lot of running back and forth in the same level to get a key that only spawns after reaching the supposed exit. It gets annoying really fast...
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - Awful game. It's not like the other R&C games. More tower defense, that's notably intended for co-op play. As you need to defend your base, while destroying the opposing one.
Resistance 2 - Good game, Unobtainable plat though
Star Trek - It's better than reviews make it out to be. The combat is solid for the most part, the co-op stuff is poorly designed though and the AI is just plain dumb no matter the difficulty.

PS4:

Stories: The Path of Destinies - First playthough is great fun, the remaining 24 or whatever + the level grinding is incredibly boring.
The Lego Movie Videogame - One of the few Lego games I really disliked.
Transistor - played it during the last event, amazing game, even though I only played a few levels it is great fun

Vita: 

Mortal Kombat - plat is unobtainable (just random info, like the other ones I mentioned)
Sly Cooper 1 - Good game, worth playing
Sly 2 - is decent enough
Sly 3 - wasn't fond of this one as soon as I started it. wouldn't recommend it really.

played the ps3 version of the sly games, but it's the same in the end.
Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

From your list I only played Remember Me, Giana Sisters, and TR Underworld. All of those were decent,

All 3 of those are likely to end up in my list. I'm leaning towards including games with online trophies (always best to get those done asap) and some of my shorter length games like those 3. Right now I'm struggling to find the motivation to get back into Demon's Souls and Fallout 3 from the last event so kind of want to avoid any other lengthy epic games before I finish those. 

Thanks for the offer and I definitely might take you up on that after the event is over.

I could include Swort Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment on PS4. This way we could compare our opinions on the game. I even could include Skyrim but I doubt that I will do that.

Hahaha, you picked the one game I forgot to remove from the list. SAO is the PS4 version (won it from another event on the site) so I meant to take it off the list since I don't want to rely on having one by the end of the event. If you play it though I'll be interesting in hearing your thoughts or if not maybe we can in a future event.

From the little I've played of Demon's Souls I can tell that I'm going to love them. Like I mentioned above though, going to wait until I finish the first game before I start on those. Kingdom Hearts might sneak into my list though. Never played them and been putting it off for so long. I keep saying I'll focus on those types of games once I've cleared my backlog some but I keep buying games from sales so that never works out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for offering to help with the online in those games. Both Tony Hawk and Splinter Cell are likely to make the final list. If you don't need any of the trophies, I won't bother you during the event though. Unless you are just dying to jump in and help out.   :)

I don't mind helping with the online in some of your games. Except Crysis 2, screw that game. Also, I'm considering Munch's Oddysee if you are thinking about playing it. I've heard it's the worst of the Oddworld games but I just played Stranger's Wrath and looking forward to trying the other 2 games out. I'll have to look at the rest of your list more but Guacamelee! jumped out at me. Loved that game. 

• Like 1

-snip-

I probably would have played the other Crysis games already, if I wasn't letting the multiplayer scare me off. :/ I don't complete every game, so one or both of those may just end up in that category. Far Cry 2, as well. For the ones with unobtainable Plats, I'll likely do as much as I can, and that'll be it. I still paid money for them, and would like to experience them. LBPK could never be Platted, in my case, since I bought the digital version.  :rolleyes:

The One Piece game will likely be fun. I'm a fan of the manga/anime, and enjoyed the musou games. 

Ugh.. I hope FFA is more enjoyable to me than All 4 One. Want to Plat the entire series, and these cruddy spinoffs are my only obstacles.  :facepalm:

Nice to hear something positive about Star Trek. Bought it cheap, but figured it was likely terrible from the reviews. They're not always accurate, though. 

I recall you not giving Stories a glowing "Most Recent Platinum" review. xD Hopefully, I enjoy it. 

Really? What didn't you like about this LEGO game? I've played 4, so far. The Vita version of Marvel had the same effect on me.. The other 3 were good fun, though. 

Transistor does look sweet. i enjoyed the hell out of their previous game(Bastion). 

Why does no one like Sly 3? ;w; That was probably my favorite of the trilogy(played on PS3, already ^^').

Thanks for offering to help with the online in those games. Both Tony Hawk and Splinter Cell are likely to make the final list. If you don't need any of the trophies, I won't bother you during the event though. Unless you are just dying to jump in and help out.   :)

I don't mind helping with the online in some of your games. Except Crysis 2, screw that game. Also, I'm considering Munch's Oddysee if you are thinking about playing it. I've heard it's the worst of the Oddworld games but I just played Stranger's Wrath and looking forward to trying the other 2 games out. I'll have to look at the rest of your list more but Guacamelee! jumped out at me. Loved that game. 

Haha, I have the Plats. Tony Hawk is really quick, though. Only online trophy is for winning an online match. Splinter Cell doesn't have much, either. Couple short rounds of multiplayer, and the rest can be achieved solo. Although, a couple of the co-op missions can be almost impossible on your own. Couple of "run for your lives" sections, and trying to control 2 people at once was not something I could accomplish. ^^' Had to finish them with randoms. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to do them, though, even during the event. 

Haha, I don't blame you. Crysis 2 sounds like a real pain. And yeah, I could do that one. Loved Stranger's Wrath, myself, so I wanted to try the others. :) Guacamelee! is something I've been wanting to try. Rarely play the Vita nowadays, so I should just download the PS3 version, since it was cross-buy.

I'm not sure what all I have from Plus, but I saw Furi, Rebel Galaxy, and Tricky Towers on some of your lists. I was thinking of playing those, at some point. 

It's called R&C: Q-Force in Europe and usually more difficult to find, especially in stores.

The One Piece game will likely be fun. I'm a fan of the manga/anime, and enjoyed the musou games. 

Ugh.. I hope FFA is more enjoyable to me than All 4 One. Want to Plat the entire series, and these cruddy spinoffs are my only obstacles.  :facepalm:

Nice to hear something positive about Star Trek. Bought it cheap, but figured it was likely terrible from the reviews. They're not always accurate, though. 

I recall you not giving Stories a glowing "Most Recent Platinum" review. xD Hopefully, I enjoy it. 

Really? What didn't you like about this LEGO game? I've played 4, so far. The Vita version of Marvel had the same effect on me.. The other 3 were good fun, though. 

Transistor does look sweet. i enjoyed the hell out of their previous game(Bastion). 

Why does no one like Sly 3? ;w; That was probably my favorite of the trilogy(played on PS3, already ^^').

• I also tend to enjoy Musou games, but this one felt off, I also recall not liking the camera during boss battles.
  • The R&C game, is relatively easy to plat afaik, I couldn't be bothered though as I loathed the gameplay and when I don't like a game I generally don't keep at it.
  • It's be no means a good game, it's just not terrible :P . If you can, try finding someone to do the co-op with (local would be best), It's close to impossible to solo it with 2 controllers, as there are a couple of sections where you need to run away from something and unless you got 4 arms, that's gonna be tough. Note: do separate playthroughs for collectibles and co-op, otherwise trophies might glitch.
  • It unfortunately just got really dull, farming xp for skills that are useless. For example the 1-hit kill one, is terrible by default, as you get more XP the higher your combo is... and there's quite some farming to be done post-game. Same goes for upgrading damage, which isn't good either, as you end up doing fewer combos that way. It just felt badly designed in that way, as if the devs decided to skip rational thinking during the development process. Otherwise the gameplay is fun for a while and the story development is interesting as well.

PS: I tend to overanalyse (in this case games) a lot, as I automatically pick up on little details that seem off to me. :lol:

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Haha, I have the Plats. Tony Hawk is really quick, though. Only online trophy is for winning an online match. Splinter Cell doesn't have much, either. Couple short rounds of multiplayer, and the rest can be achieved solo. Although, a couple of the co-op missions can be almost impossible on your own. Couple of "run for your lives" sections, and trying to control 2 people at once was not something I could accomplish. ^^' Had to finish them with randoms. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to do them, though, even during the event. 

Haha, I don't blame you. Crysis 2 sounds like a real pain. And yeah, I could do that one. Loved Stranger's Wrath, myself, so I wanted to try the others. :) Guacamelee! is something I've been wanting to try. Rarely play the Vita nowadays, so I should just download the PS3 version, since it was cross-buy.

Okay, I'll msg you when I start those games and see if you have time. Thanks again. After looking through your list, a few comments:

R&C Full Frontal Assault: Good news and bad news. Which one do you want first? Let's start with the good: it's better than All 4 One imo. Bad news, I'd rank it as my 2nd least favorite R&C game right ahead of A4O. There are a few online trophies but they are very easy. Basically just playing a match, but I think there is one trophy that might be easier with a co-op partner (but can be done solo) so if you want some help with those or just want a co-op partner for fun I'll be glad to help.

Crysis 2: I actually liked the campaign and even had some fun with the MP for a while. A few things just ruined my final experience. That 6 month trophy is one of the most BS trophies I've ever seen, the servers messed up about a week before my 6 months was up, and a few trophies are typical MP grinds. Last I heard the servers finally got fixed though so if you are wanting the plat, it's probably best to start soon. I bitch about the game but it's worth playing and if you really needed some help with the online, I'd probably give in if asked. Just not going to volunteer it though.  :P

Crysis 3: Much easier in terms of the online and plat. If you want some help with that I'd definitely be up for it. From what I remember, it's mostly just doing random stuff in matches.

Killzone 3: Another game where the plat and online is much easier than the previous game in the series. Also would be willing to help with this if needed. Killzone 2, not so much.

Jak II: I agree with the people who say it's the worst game in the series. Hated several things about the game but I pushed through it just so I could move on and finish the trilogy. On the plus side, Jak III is much better.

Also, hope you enjoy Guacamelee! whenever you play it. Along with 3D Dot Game Heroes, Shovel Knight, and Rogue Legacy, it's one of the games I'll always recommend when someone asks about them. I feel like I should give a warning whenever I recommend those though. I'm a huge fan of old school platformers and those styles of games so take my advice with a grain of salt. I might be biased.

Other than that, I've played Dishonored and PoP: Two Thrones and enjoyed both quite a bit.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 1

for the love of god don't do this.  Other than that your list looks fun.

Here's my tentative list, maybe it'll change if there's something really appealing for the November PS+ lineup.

1. Dishonored
  2. Resonance of Fate
  3. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
  4. Beyond Good & Evil HD
  5. Mass Effect

Dishonored was a great game, loved every minute of it.

RoF was pretty awesome as well, will definitely go back at some point.

I'm starting El Shaddai during the event, I'll move it to game 5 if that's where you plan on playing it. 

BGnE was meh... for me.

I played the original ME on xbox for about 2 hours and wasn't impressed, though I loved the 2nd one and have the plat.  I might start ME 3 during the event.

Dark Souls

Final Fantasy X

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Mass Effect 3

Mirror's Edge

Remember Me

Skyrim

Vanquish

Watch Dogs

The ones in bold are ones I've played on ps3 or ps2 and really enjoyed. Like you mentioned though, you should probably work on Demon's Souls before starting dark Souls.  The stories aren't actually related at all though, so it doesn't really matter.  Dark Souls is by far my favorite of the series and easily in my top 5 all time games.  

Only thing is that a lot of these are really long RPG games that will take a while to finish. So I'd also vote for starting Remember Me, Mirror's Edge,and Vanquish.

I have all the non-bold games, so if you want we could synch up one or two of those.

PS3:

Dishonored
Jak II
Puppeteer
Shadow of the Colossus

PS4

Mad Max
Transistor
Velocity 2x

Glad you've decided to join us.  Here are my recommendations. Jak 2 is both the most loved, and the most hated Jak game.  Personally it's my favorite in the series, and I actually think it's better than any other game in any of the big three ps platforming series. R&C FFA/QF is an ok game, but it's probably the weakest game in that series for a number of reasons. If you missed SoTC on ps2 definitely give it a shot, and Puppeteer is a ridiculously fun experience.

• Like 1

I agree with Hemiak on this one, don't do it.  I cannot even describe to you how much this game crashed on me on the Vita and lost progress.  It was painful

I played a little bit of the game (a demo back on the gamescom 2013) so I remember a little bit of game and what to be expect. I'm grateful for your warnings but I will stick to that game.

Puppeteer

Dokuro

Guacamelee!

I don't want to speak out absolute recommendations but I at least want to give some additional comments on some of those games.

Puppeteer is IMO quite unterrated. It's a nice platformer that really feels like you're playing a theatre play. Biggest highlight are the dialogs. Only downside is the big list of different collectibles.

Stories: The Path of Destinies is a nice isometric Action-Adventure with a nice idea of having branching stories. The first few stories are nice to follow but later on it became tedious to keep track of the paths you already visited and the missing variety of enemies and surroundings is a letdown.

Dokuro is another nice puzzle-platformer where you have to help a princess escape from a castle. Some of puzzles are quite tricky (at least for me they were) and there's some trial and error but overall it's a really nice and rewarding game. Only downside is that the later parts of the game feel a bit like filler content.

If you enjoy playing Metroidvania-like games, play Guacamelee!. Great platformer with nice humor (and more well-dosed references/memes than Saturday Morning RPG :D ).

About some other games:

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault is the one game I disliked the most. All 4 One was okay for me. A bit lackluster as there were too few areas but at least it's doable solo. FFA has even less areas (5 areas: three planets, one being recycled, and one small area leading towards the boss) and if you want to plat it it's recommended to play this game in co-op as beating the developer times is quite tough doing solo.

Regarding Jak II: I'm one of the persons that hates the game and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Another game I wouldn't recommend is Hyperdimension Neptunia. The first installment plays like blurry crap in slow-motion and I'm sure the dungeon music (especially the first one) will drive you crazy. I would recommend to play Victory as it plays similar to the games you already played as the Re;Births-battle system is based on Victory.

I'm hoping to hop in on the next round. Wanted to the first time, but I knew I'd be gone the first week it started up.  :)

Not sure what I'd play yet, though.

Just post a list of games you haven't played yet and I'm sure people are willing to give you recommendations. :)

Edited by Crimson Idol

Sure we can do that. Do you already have an idea when you want to play it?

I for myself don't know in what order I want to play the games (except Tales of being the last game) so I will let some randomizer decide.

For this event I'm trying to see how much I can do alongside others so as long as you pick a spot that has not been taken by other people I don't care at all. Personally I'd probably put BADLAND in one of the "all weekdays" spots.

Sure, I don't mind putting Super Stardust HD on there. That can help me decide if I want the PS4 version with VR in it.

I agree with Hemiak on this one, don't do it.  I cannot even describe to you how much this game crashed on me on the Vita and lost progress.  It was painful

I played a little bit of the game (a demo back on the gamescom 2013) so I remember a little bit of game and what to be expect. I'm grateful for your warnings but I will stick to that game.

I don't get why Doki-Doki gets all these warnings but someone (I don't recall the post, I think Hemiak was it) puts Gone Home on their list and that gets a pass somehow. In my experience Gone Home was very broken (for the minute speedrun trophy).

Doki-Doki was fine, I had a couple of crashes but I just started saving after every planet and it was fine. I liked those "personality tests". Only thing that made me complain about the game was the poop and snot planet, I thought everything was fine until then.