Which system

Stargazer2600

Really wanna get this game. Loved X-2 and never got to complete X so I definitely want to get this. However the question I have is which system should I get it for? I have both my Playstation 3 still and I have a PlayStation 4. PlayStation 3 version is cheaper than the PS4 version by half. I was just wondering which ones you guys would vote for. Is the PS4 version worth the extra price or is it just because it's PS4?

PS4 version looked really, really good to me. But I don't know how much better looking it is, when compared to the PS3 version. Still need to play X-2. :/ But yeah, you can get the disc pretty cheap. I paid $15 on Black Friday. $20 is MSRP, now, according to Amazon.

Holy crap :0 I didn't realize there was physical copies. Just went on eBay that the PS4 version for twenty bucks!!!

Yeah man, I got the Limited Edition for like 30. It came in a box sleeve with different artwork and a desktop calendar that has some pretty cool images. The EU got lucky though and got a steelbook case instead of a paper box covering the normal FFX-X-2 HD PS4 cover. https://ips.pepitastore.com/storefront/img/resized/squareenix-store/a47280a2d7fff2d0fadb72ce3027ad4f_1920_KR.jpg

I personally bought it on PS4 because the graphics and colors are noticeably crisper and more vibrant. Also because it has the original soundtrack and the remixed music. I never got to really play the game on PS2 so I would like to play it with the original music.

Edited by skateak

Yeah man, I got the Limited Edition for like 30. It came in a box sleeve with different artwork and a desktop calendar that has some pretty cool images. The EU got lucky though and got a steelbook case instead of a paper box covering the normal FFX-X-2 HD PS4 cover. https://ips.pepitastore.com/storefront/img/resized/squareenix-store/a47280a2d7fff2d0fadb72ce3027ad4f_1920_KR.jpg

I personally bought it on PS4 because the graphics and colors are noticeably crisper and more vibrant. Also because it has the original soundtrack and the remixed music. I never got to really play the game on PS2 so I would like to play it with the original music.

I have steelbook case edition :P

You dont see much difference about the graphics ! the only difference is the remixed soundtrack on ps4 and ps3 ... ps3 edition has yuna spira's summoner garb to use on lightning return's

Edit:  to be clarify -

PS4- choose between the original or arranged soundtracks

- Full cross save compatibility with the ps3 and psvita version

PS3- (like i said) includes yuna spira summoner garb to use on L.R.

- Fully remastered hd visuals and rearranged music

I don't see many difference on graphics lol and i don't care !! I like the game as it is :)

Edited by Rose_Dark

I have steelbook case edition :P

You dont see much difference about the graphics ! the only difference is the remixed soundtrack on ps4 and ps3 ... ps3 edition has yuna spira's summoner garb to use on lightning return's

Edit:  to be clarify -

PS4- choose between the original or arranged soundtracks

- Full cross save compatibility with the ps3 and psvita version

PS3- (like i said) includes yuna spira summoner garb to use on L.R.

- Fully remastered hd visuals and rearranged music

I don't see many difference on graphics lol and i don't care !! I like the game as it is :)

idk if the copy I bought for PlayStation 4 has a steel book or hardcover what. I don't really care about that lol. When I made this post I was talking about the copies off PSN. Sooooo happy that there was physical copies LOL. I don't know why but I just prefer physical copies over digital download

idk if the copy I bought for PlayStation 4 has a steel book or hardcover what. I don't really care about that lol. When I made this post I was talking about the copies off PSN. Sooooo happy that there was physical copies LOL. I don't know why but I just prefer physical copies over digital download

Lol i only have digital versions on indie games! the rest i buy on amazon :)

Enjoy this great game :D

I heard somewhere that the physical disc for the Vita actually only has Ffx, and a download code for X-2. Definitely something to look into before picking it up used for Vita.

Yep, that is correct. X-2 for Vita is a code and cannot be purchased as a stand-alone game on store... so... it's actually more worth picking up digital version for Vita unless one is planning to get a new version.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

whichever you see cheaper i would get, i was happy with the ps3 version.... both games took well over a month to complete apiece (its a very long platinum).

i paid 15$ or 20$ when it was on the psn sale at some point.

Edited by kingdrake2