We Need More Superhero Games!

Who else agrees with me that we should have more, actually good superhero games. And no this doesn't include Lego titles. So far the only one I can name since PS3 is Batman Arkham, other than that it's all just been a bunch of shitty movie tie-ins. I know we have Spider-Man coming out but I really just hope we see a lot more after that for years to come. One superhero in particular that would make perfect sense for a AAA game is Iron Man. Just imagine flying around in those suits kicking ass!

I want there to be a good Superman game. But it would be hard to make the character not too powerful or too weak. A Green Arrow or Cyborg game I think could at least be done well though.

I want a Rocksteady game, but with the Justice League. Imagine this, you play a tutorial as Superman (where he is killed by Doomsday at the end of it), then the games into 5 parts from 5 perspectives that all takes place in Metropolis: Aquaman, Flash, Wonder woman, Cyborg, and last but not least, Batman. They all have their own stories and missions and you unlock each character as you progress through the story. Then, at the end of the game, they finally come together for a Super fight with Doomsday to bring it to full circle.

I want there to be a good Superman game. But it would be hard to make the character not too powerful or too weak. A Green Arrow or Cyborg game I think could at least be done well though.

That's why he's got to have consequences for his super-heroic tasks: timed missions requiring the Man of Steel to rescue distressed Metropolis citizens and fly through levitating sky rings lest he receive mission failure... The last decent Superman game was the "Death and Return of Superman" from the 90s because it was a fairly straightforward beat 'em up.

Edited by AdventCloud7

That's why he's got to have consequences for his super-heroic tasks: timed missions requiring the Man of Steel to rescue distressed Metropolis citizens and fly through levitating sky rings lest he receive mission failure... The last decent Superman game was the "Death and Return of Superman" from the 90s because it was a fairly straightforward beat 'em up.

That Superman Returns game from 2006 looked pretty decent, but the problem was the health bar was whatever damage the city was taking. And while I guess that's to deter you from just destroying everything like Superman could, it still felt limited. At the very least I feel like RockSteady could do that or a Green Arrow game, but I wouldn't want the Green Arrow game to be another Arkham style game.

I also would like another Punisher game like the one from 2005. Maybe in the style of Max Payne 3. I know The Punisher isn't technically a superhero but I would like a game like that anyway.