Pokémon GO now live in some regions, other regions still awaiting release

SkyesUnholy

Yup I checked, it uses blth the gyroscope and gps to see if you're walking. And it keeps track of how fast you go(no rollerblading for me :( ). So there's no way around it. Sucky part? I went for a 4 mile walk today with the dog, but the servers were giving me issues with logging in that only 1/8th of the trip got recorded ughh. Restarting the phone seems to help. But ugh. Remember once you're in, do everything in your power to stay in! Even if it's glitching up! (aside from app freezes)

Also no worries about high data usage, probably 12+ hours with the app open and it registered only .08GB. Safe to say it won't be an issue. I don't think.

Yea, the data usage isn't bad in this game, so long as you don't play it steady and maybe use Wifi wherever available (Malls, beachs, etc), a 2GB data plan should be enough. :) I only used 0.01 GB on it today. I recommend turning off all of your other data using apps if you are worried though (as I'm pretty sure the 0.01 GB maybe was from Messenger instead as Pokemon Go should be pretty independent by itself if you have maps downloaded with Google Map).

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

Just installed it. Going to go for a bikeride soon before work to hopefully catch some pokémons :D

It's crazy how many people are already playing it even though it's not even officially out here yet. Even my boss was talking about it yesterday.

Here in Aalst you can't go outside without seeing groups of people wandering around to find them lol.

Game is pretty fun, but my Phone doesn't have a gyroscope so I can't use the AR function sadly :/

The pokéstops are pretty ridiculous too if you ask me, in the centre of the city you have hundreds in just a few meters, but as soon as you get more to the country side, you barely find anything.

Also my pokédex is bugged.

Here in Aalst you can't go outside without seeing groups of people wandering around to find them lol.

Game is pretty fun, but my Phone doesn't have a gyroscope so I can't use the AR function sadly :/

The pokéstops are pretty ridiculous too if you ask me, in the centre of the city you have hundreds in just a few meters, but as soon as you get more to the country side, you barely find anything.

Also my pokédex is bugged.

AR is a battery eater anyways.. I don't recommend having it on or you'll find yourself carrying around portable chargers on longer journeys.

I live in a rural area.. there's 2 Poke Stops with a Gym... 5 minutes away from me (and there was another stop in a Golf Course near me too but didn't bother walking over there), I definitely lucked out, I'll be going into the town tomorrow to see how much better it is for them. lol

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

I'll be going into the town tomorrow to see how much better it is for them. lol

Over here, basically any church, square or statue is a pokéstop or a gym and we have A LOT of those here xD In the city I mean.

Edited by Yami

The game is ridiculously fun. I have been playing all the time now. Currently level 8 and i'm proud owner of a couple of nearby Gyms! :D I'm still stumped on how popular it is. I have met/seen so many people already playing the game. I met a bunch of old classmates who i hadn't seen in ages as well as some new folks. It's especially nice when you meet someone who is in the same team as you (GO INSTINCT!) Guess it's safe to say i got addicted to it a lot more than i anticipated. 

As far as pokestops/Gyms go. It's all in pretty much walking distance for me even though i live in a fairly rural area. If i walk for 10 minutes i encounter about 2-3 pokestops and a Gym. So it's not that bad. If i walk for about half an hour to our mall there are a bunch of pokestops & Gyms close together so i have mostly hung out there. Haven't gone to the City yet, but hearing from friends who live there it's pretty crazy. 

As far as pokémons go, i haven't caught too many different ones yet. (27/27 pokédex) I've been more busy with leveling and doing Gyms.

Yea, the data usage isn't bad in this game, so long as you don't play it steady and maybe use Wifi wherever available (Malls, beachs, etc), a 2GB data plan should be enough. :) I only used 0.01 GB on it today. I recommend turning off all of your other data using apps if you are worried though (as I'm pretty sure the 0.01 GB maybe was from Messenger instead as Pokemon Go should be pretty independent by itself if you have maps downloaded with Google Map).

From my own experience the app eats about 5-10MB an hour. Which isn't a lot at all.

Too bad Aalst is a bit too far for me :P If you're ever near antwerp let me know, we should totally meet up & catch some pokémons! :D

• Like 1

Over here, basically any church, square or statue is a pokéstop or a gym and we have A LOT of those here xD In the city I mean.

Here it's a sign (ikr), an old closed down school house, and a haunted castle (which can get into the grounds of so able to get that stop hopefully, it's the one in the Golf Course, at least that's what I could tell from the map), I heard the town has a lot of churchs as gyms.  The church nearby me had nothing.  And then an Indian Restaurant is a gym. xD

• Like 1

Still waiting for it to be released here in Canada, but according to Niantic, the rollout should resume in the next few days.

When it does get released here in Canada, can you let me know please? I've been so eager to play the game so as to get my dream team ready.

Was up the town today and ended up making really good progress! (Maybe wasted about 20 Pokeballs though because of freeze glitches and wtf throws).  Gonna take over my local gym when I'm out on walk, one of those Raticate's is 300+ CP now, can't increase him any further as too low of trainer level and he's nearly capped at that.

0308cb978c.jpg

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 3

I'm just back from an evening/night at the city. It was amazing. The difference in amount of Pokestops and Gyms between the city and suburbs/rural areas are tremendous! It's safe to say that i wasted my time running around my hometown :(

These are my highest now,

5H7drFd.png

• Like 2

I'm going to have to take a break from catching Pokemon so much unless I find something new, very low on Pokeballs, think I should concentrate on eggs/stops for a week. I seem to get good Pokemon from 5km eggs, hoping to get a 10km egg sometime.

heard the game won't run without a GPS on the contry you're living at, app stores now are raided with fake GPS's to make the game runs a bit, guess most of them won't works.

^^^^You can get banned for this(I tried it anyway, it doesn't work with gps alone, it needs cellular as well), so it's not even worth trying, I don't think it'll help a lot anyway, I've found your lvl dictates a lot of the pokemon you run into(or at least frequency).

Also some of those apps are glitchy and can glitch your phone even after recorrecting it and uninstalling(I've found myself in the middle of the ocean... I think it's a warning from Niantic...) you have to disable and re-enable location for it to work again. Beware!

On another note

IT HAS BEGUN!

(and no this wasn't me thankfully)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/14/driver-collides-with-tree-while-playing-pokemon-go.html

Oh ya with millions of people playing(and millions waiting) they're in the billions now I think I read. Plus in one of the hex files of the apk there's mention of McDonald's. Expect every gym to be a McDonald's in the future. (And here I thought we finally found the solution to the overweight problem we have....)

Really?! That's awesome! Actually that's a great idea! If people don't want to be just walking by themselves, it's an incentive to get the dog they may have been thinking about.

I'll have to contact the places around me about it. Do you have a link to the story?

Edited by Dav9834

Is the game worth it so far? I'm just sitting here waiting for Sun and Moon in November.

They have hinted that pokemon caught in GO will be able to be transferred to sun and moon through a future update, so besides the incredible amount of fun that comes with the game itself, it will tie into the net main line games as well.

On another note, team insight currentky has control of all 5 gyms near my work! Woo! Go Zapdos team!

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

I think they sould able to do PvP with our friends or participate on tournaments/matches online in home, because some players (like me) dont have gyms near

They said they would be doing bi-weekly updates. I imagine the first few will be stability issue updates. But from what I heard they have ideas for other stuff too including trading(which was in the hex file as well)

They have hinted that pokemon caught in GO will be able to be transferred to sun and moon through a future update, so besides the incredible amount of fun that comes with the game itself, it will tie into the net main line games as well.

On another note, team insight currentky has control of all 5 gyms near my work! Woo! Go Zapdos team!

If my pokemon transfer, that would be awesome!

I imagine you'd have to sign in with the pokemon club instead of gmail though... Which didn't work in the beginning(don't know its status now), and if you switch, you lose all progress(from what I heard) :(

Hatched a Rhyhorn today! And have my Pokemon in 2 gyms. :) One must be really well defended as I got in it this morning and it's in town so I can't check up on it like my local one (can see it from my house, anytime anyone makes the effort and gets Mystic it, I go down and add my Pokemon to it).

Tbh though, I don't honestly know why I care about having my Pokemon in gyms so much, the reward isn't exactly OMG BEST THING ever, they're very small, 10 Pokecoins and 500 Stardust per gym you're in, so I guess that's pretty damn awesome if you somehow get to maintain 10 gyms (which I doubt it, not yet at the moment when lots are playing because new).

^^^^You can get banned for this(I tried it anyway, it doesn't work with gps alone, it needs cellular as well), so it's not even worth trying, I don't think it'll help a lot anyway, I've found your lvl dictates a lot of the pokemon you run into(or at least frequency).

Also some of those apps are glitchy and can glitch your phone even after recorrecting it and uninstalling(I've found myself in the middle of the ocean... I think it's a warning from Niantic...) you have to disable and re-enable location for it to work again. Beware!

On another note

IT HAS BEGUN!

(and no this wasn't me thankfully)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/14/driver-collides-with-tree-while-playing-pokemon-go.html

I never tried this app or even planning to download it anyway, I just heard about it's requirements to play then went to Google play to check if it's available (which is not) i got shocked on the numbers of fake GPS's and guides for it.

Can anyone who downloaded the APK confirm if you have to restart the game once you download the official app?

I downloaded from the Google play store. I would be very cautious side loading any pokemon go apps. There's been a ton of infected applications.

Unfortunately to answer your question I don't remember :(

But we constantly have to restart the app just to get past the "we're having technical difficulties, try again later" screen. If that's what you're talking about.

I downloaded from the Google play store. I would be very cautious side loading any pokemon go apps. There's been a ton of infected applications.

Unfortunately to answer your question I don't remember :(

But we constantly have to restart the app just to get past the "we're having technical difficulties, try again later" screen. If that's what you're talking about.

Nah, I was talking about the progress you made. Did you keep the Pokemon you caught in the APK?

Nah, I was talking about the progress you made. Did you keep the Pokemon you caught in the APK?

Not sure what question you're asking, sorry!

If you're referring to the capture data, I don't know if that's stored locally. I think it's on niantic servers.