Mass Effect Trilogy (yes, including ME1) coming to PS3

LeeMcD-

trilogy_vignette-t.en_US.jpg

Experience all three award winning Mass Effect titles at an amazing value with the Mass Effect Trilogy, coming November 6th.

With over 75 hours of content and more than 300 awards, one of gaming’s most acclaimed franchises is available for the first time in a premium foiled box set.

It release on PC and Xbox 360 November 6. It will run you $59.99.

It will release on PS3 at a later date and Mass Effect 1 will be available on PS3 for the first time through the Mass Effect Trilogy and digitally as a standalone title via the PlayStation Network.

[source 1]

[source 2]

Having never played ME simply because there was no possibility of playing it from start to end, this pleases me :3

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

Go for it but be WARNED: The ending of the trilogy will cause depression, lack of sleep, and a lack of living. It's just that damn bad...

Oh, and hopefully it comes with all the DLC. That From Ashes thing was just BS...

I don;t want to start flame wars but what did you think of the extended cut endings?

Personally I hated the original ending but I loved the extended cut endings!

I own the PC version of ME1, but I'd definitely like to have it on the PS3 to complete the trilogy. I don't think I'm gonna be buying some crazy collection with all three of the games again though. I hope they'll have a separate release for ME1.

I don;t want to start flame wars but what did you think of the extended cut endings?

I personally disliked the original endings for the most part because of the lack of closure and explanation of what the hell happened. I'm all for ambiguous endings, but it has to be done right and this was a little too much. The extended cut made it all work for me, so I'm pretty happy about it.

Edited by CloudyMemory2

I just hope ME1 will come as an individual download on PSN cause I already own the othe two + DLC.

Don't think ME3 DLC will be added in this trilogy since the new DLC "Omega" has yet to be released...

They have actually said that it's going to come as an individual download. So, you don't have to hope. It's going to happen! ;)

I honestly thought the Extended Cut was the BIGGEST F**K YOU I received. It was so insulting. The fact that it should've been included from the game from DAY 1 (just like that damn DLC) made me give up. I laughed at some of the dialogue presented but honestly felt 1 scene was really well done (but it's 5 seconds!). Garbage overall. But it's whatever now, I've got better things to play :lol:

Go for it but be WARNED: The ending of the trilogy will cause depression, lack of sleep, and a lack of living. It's just that damn bad...

Oh, and hopefully it comes with all the DLC. That From Ashes thing was just BS...

Wow, that sounds ominous. Hopefully it won't be THAT bad lol.

Anyway, it just so happens that last week I picked up ME 2 and 3, but after hearing this, I am going to take them back to gamestop for full refund, and just wait for the trilogy!!! :D

Edited by DanielVT - Temp-Back

This is awesome... I figured that it would be super expensive as a collection but they are releasing it for $60... thats crazy good IMO!

its really cool that us PS3 owners will be able to play ME1 on the PS3 now... only downfall being that part 1 its strictly digital... so having the physical copy of the trilogy is kinda broken in that 1/3 of the collection will be digital and 2/3 of it will be a physical copy... meh, but whos complaining... this is good news and im sure the Microsoft fanboys are boiling over this news and that makes me happy on the inside :devil:

cant wait to play them from start to finish :jaymon:

This is awesome... I figured that it would be super expensive as a collection but they are releasing it for $60... thats crazy good IMO!

its really cool that us PS3 owners will be able to play ME1 on the PS3 now... only downfall being that part 1 its strictly digital... so having the physical copy of the trilogy is kinda broken in that 1/3 of the collection will be digital and 2/3 of it will be a physical copy... meh, but whos complaining... this is good news and im sure the Microsoft fanboys are boiling over this news and that makes me happy on the inside :devil:

cant wait to play them from start to finish :jaymon:

Wait....where did you hear the ME1 would be strictly digital? Not every game that's released seperately split up from its respective trilogy is only digital. The Jak trilogy was available digitally split up, and those weren't digital exclusive.