New game plus means no trophies?

Pershing24

I'm sure we all love New game plus, you know when you finish a game and get a new function to start a new game but with DLC, unlocks, upgrade etc. But apparently, some game forgot to tell you that when you start a new game plus, trophies aren't unlocked.

For instant a few months ago, I was playing God of War ascension New game plus in hopes to unlock a few new trophies, what I didn't know however (until the second last level of the game) that you can't get trophies while playing this mode. So I just wasted like 5 days beating the game for nothing. This really piss me off as the game itself didn't told me directly that trophies won't unlock while playing this function.

I suppose this kind of makes sense, since it would be too easy to beat a game in hard difficulty, bu then again some games require you to beat the game in New Game Plus (such as The Last of us). So then how do you know if a video game's new game plus has no trophies support?

What is your opinion on this, should all games have trophies in New game plus?

What are some other games that don't have trophies support in New game plus?

I guess that's just bad luck :P

I know more games that give trophies in new game + even when don't mentioning whether it's possible or not like... like Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut...

And there are lots of games which requires two or more playthroughs to get all trophies done... like Dante's Inferno and Demon's Souls (and lots more for sure)...

But sure it's awful to get this far in a game and only then see it's in vain regarding trophies :(

I don't think that a trophy is needed for every new game plus.

I won't deny that my favorite platinum so far it's Batman Arkham city, which requires that you to beat the new game plus and 100% the whole game.

For me it was a blast.

But you know, I've read many gamers here and they disliked to have to do that.

So, I think the gamer should decide if wants to play the game all over again, now with more perks, new strategies, etc, and not because you need one trophy.

For me, it's enough reward/incentive that the game provides the new game plus, there are many games out there that don't have it.

The problem with Ascension is not the NG+ mode itself, it's the use of the Artifacts. I think it's the same with God of War III.

In most cases, NG+ shouldn't disable trophies, except BioShock and possibly few others. In-game cheat codes, on the other hand...

And there are lots of games which requires two or more playthroughs to get all trophies done... like Dante's Inferno and Demon's Souls

You can have the platinum pop at the end of first playthrough as you get the good ending trophy! :P

How? Duping + getting items from someone online. Only thing you need to dupe is boss souls, the rest is obtainable in one playthrough. Only thing you need from someone online is the Maiden in Black's Demon Soul, which must be dropped through a dropping glitch. Things like Northern Regalia can be obtained through getting the sword from the last boss and then using an item to get back to Nexus. :P

Edited by MMDE

I'm sure we all love New game plus, you know when you finish a game and get a new function to start a new game but with DLC, unlocks, upgrade etc. But apparently, some game forgot to tell you that when you start a new game plus, trophies aren't unlocked.

For instant a few months ago, I was playing God of War ascension New game plus in hopes to unlock a few new trophies, what I didn't know however (until the second last level of the game) that you can't get trophies while playing this mode. So I just wasted like 5 days beating the game for nothing. This really piss me off as the game itself didn't told me directly that trophies won't unlock while playing this function.

I suppose this kind of makes sense, since it would be too easy to beat a game in hard difficulty, bu then again some games require you to beat the game in New Game Plus (such as The Last of us). So then how do you know if a video game's new game plus has no trophies support?

What is your opinion on this, should all games have trophies in New game plus?

What are some other games that don't have trophies support in New game plus?

maybe it was a glitch or something, because the majority of games allows earning trophies on new games plus.

You can have the platinum pop at the end of first playthrough as you get the good ending trophy! :P

How? Duping + getting items from someone online. Only thing you need to dupe is boss souls, the rest is obtainable in one playthrough. Only thing you need from someone online is the Maiden in Black's Demon Soul, which must be dropped through a dropping glitch. Things like Northern Regalia can be obtained through getting the sword from the last boss and then using an item to get back to Nexus. :P

I didn't have enough xp for the complete skilltree after one playthrough in Dante's Inferno :P:(

And for Demon's Souls: i didn't get Maiden in Black's Soul so i needed to start the second playthrough :P but i did get all weapons myself and all rings by a friend :D